You are Here:
Red Monarchs confirmed, October 31st release

Author (Read 7348 times)

Re: Red Monarchs confirmed, October 31st release
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 09:02:31 PM »

Phegget

Wow that box and seal combo is gorgeous. Hopefully thr cards inside wont be a let down.
uwotm8.

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »

vmagic

Maybe force isn't the right word. But as a collector I like to get the limited decks but I don't want a brick of anything myself, a lot if other collectors are the same way. Those limited decks are not being picked up by average joe, only by collectors and resellers who then inflate the prices in eBay. I would simply love the option to individually buy limited decks instead of being forced to buy a brick or two just to get them! And that is what I meant by force. If I want to get them I am forced to buy a brick or two even if I don't want them and this only benefits the seller and causes resellers to inflate prices!

Would you rather them sell them on their site for $60 per deck? that way you dont get anything but the deck?

Just because a reseller sells them for that much doesn't mean they are worth that much. I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 each for a limited deck, it is much cheaper than buying a brick I don't want.

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 11:18:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Maybe force isn't the right word. But as a collector I like to get the limited decks but I don't want a brick of anything myself, a lot if other collectors are the same way. Those limited decks are not being picked up by average joe, only by collectors and resellers who then inflate the prices in eBay. I would simply love the option to individually buy limited decks instead of being forced to buy a brick or two just to get them! And that is what I meant by force. If I want to get them I am forced to buy a brick or two even if I don't want them and this only benefits the seller and causes resellers to inflate prices!

...prices which will rapidly deflate as more decks are in circulation.  You just have to show some patience.  For any deck that I have to jump through hoops for, I stop and ask myself, "Is all this effort/cash worth the end result?"  Sometimes it is, often is isn't.  It's either spend the cash or hunt for deals on eBay - or even consider trading with fellow collectors, right here on this board.  I have both given and received sweetheart deals from many people here.

Would you rather them sell them on their site for $60 per deck? that way you dont get anything but the deck?

Just because a reseller sells them for that much doesn't mean they are worth that much. I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 each for a limited deck, it is much cheaper than buying a brick I don't want.

There's exactly one thing that determines the worth of anything in this world: what someone else is willing to pay for it.  Period, end of story.  Doesn't matter how much it cost to make, it's just whether you are willing to pay what's being asked for it.  Whether it's a lump sum of cash or a requirement to spend an amount on other merchandise, it's all the same.  Blue Crown was recently selling off decks, asking far more than the typical retail value of a deck for them - and I didn't hear anyone complaining.  Many went for more than the $20-30 per deck you proposed.  So, where would you draw the line?  $30?  $40?  $50?  Higher still?

Now, can we put that subject to bed?  If not, then please start a new topic for it.

I think the Red Monarchs do look spiffy!  :)

To me, the red does look really nice. The new photo on their Facebook page of the tuckbox looks pretty great. It's a nice deep red.

edit: I thought I should include the photo.

It does look pretty awesome.

That extra Monarchs "product" Lyle mentioned?  I suspect it is not a deck.  It's something else - what, however, is the mystery.  Deck clip?  Possible, but they've never offered one before, right?  Same goes for a gaff deck.  Clothing, however, is a different story.  Perhaps they'll be offering the first Jacks & Jokers t-shirt or baseball cap created from T11 designs, namely, the Monarchs...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 11:49:09 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
This other photo from their Facebook page looks like it could be a new special edition of the deck. At the bottom where the text is cut off, the regular Monarch tuck box just has scroll detailing. I guess we'll all find out in less than 12 hours.

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

They make you buy a brick to get the deck. I went to t11 and put in a brick of monarchs it would cost $70.89 + shipping. So if you buy those decks to get that one free then you are putting the cost of the rare deck at that price. They could just charge that for it.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2013, 12:45:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

They make you buy a brick to get the deck. I went to t11 and put in a brick of monarchs it would cost $70.89 + shipping. So if you buy those decks to get that one free then you are putting the cost of the rare deck at that price. They could just charge that for it.

Guys, please - enough with the premium deck debate!  Red Monarchs are NOT rare and NOT premium in the sense of a free giveaway with purchase.  Take that conversation to a new topic, if you must continue - but not here.  It's entirely inappropriate here.

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2013, 01:17:55 AM »

siote

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2013, 07:04:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
http://store.theory11.com/products/red-monarch-playing-cards

It's not live yet, or at least not now.  The deck doesn't yet appear on their list of decks for sale.

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:41 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

It's not live yet, or at least not now.  The deck doesn't yet appear on their list of decks for sale.

This is slightly off topic but did anyone notice Rebels are now sold out.

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

This is slightly off topic but did anyone notice Rebels are now sold out.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Still waiting for those Red Monarchs to show up...

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »

siote

it was live when I posted it, maybe they tweak it for the final adjustment. oh well, will wait for it at the release time.

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
It may just be my PC, but it's live now, but I can't select a quantity of more than 1. I can select 1 deck, add it to my cart, adn then change the quantity in the cart at checkout and it works though. Like I said, that just may be a quirk with my PC.

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
So the other Monarch item was kind of deck-ish. A oversized tuckbox that comes with and holds 4 regular size Monarch decks. I can see it not appealing to everyone, but it does look pretty nice.

The other photos of the Red Monarchs (on the store page) do look nice though I'm curious to see how they turn out in person. I can wait to get them though I'm really honestly curious about the other decks that Theory11 has down the pipeline for this year.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:09:09 AM by bhong »

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »

Phegget

It may just be my PC, but it's live now, but I can't select a quantity of more than 1. I can select 1 deck, add it to my cart, adn then change the quantity in the cart at checkout and it works though. Like I said, that just may be a quirk with my PC.

Yep you're right, the link works :) Although to be on the safe side, if anyone is interested in buying i'd suggest them to buy after the official release time to avoid any complications. They are unlimited after all.

Personally, Monarchs are among one of my favourite decks and i'll definitely be picking up two of these (though not from T11). According to the T11 link, it seems that these will incorporate a new matte finish textured tuck box that is the " highest quality paper ever used on a deck of cards". Will definitely be interested in seeing how this claim holds up, as the Monarchs tuck box already has a very nice premium feel, and T11's Madison Players' tuck box texture will be hard to beat.

EDIT: Oh they are actually officially released! Got my timezone conversions wrong again as usual.. =p

Here's the link to the 4deck pack special release: http://store.theory11.com/products/monarch-four-pack
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:12:14 AM by Phegget »
uwotm8.

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I picked up a half brick of the Red Monarch's.

We were not sure what the other Monarch items were, so I waited for the official release. I had my decks in the shopping cart a quarter to 11 EST thanks to that link.

Lyle got back to me within 10 minutes of a theory11 support email I sent. Looks like their team is on top of things!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:51:13 AM by Anonymous »

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2013, 12:09:44 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Never one to be patient, I ordered before they went live. Maybe their system will send me a case of every color by mistake!

You know, that four pack "case" is pretty cool. That would be a cool idea for a half-brick "brick" box. I have plenty of Monarchs, but I may pick that up just because I think it's so cool!