Red Monarchs confirmed, October 31st release

Author (Read 7650 times)

Red Monarchs confirmed, October 31st release
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
The train is off!
Andrei Jikh and T11 both posted this image, it's not showing much but pretty obvious
Andrei Jikh posted "Red Monarchs? Whaa? ‎#hype"
T11 posted "Happy Birthday, America!"

What do you guys think? If this happens I'll probably get a deck to comeplete my collection of the monarchs
-Benny
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:36:56 PM by blastercast »
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

Re: Red Monarchs? T11 Hype train
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Not the hype train... ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THAT 1 TRAIN

I can't be the only person that doesn't despise monarchs can i? I actually thing these would be pretty sweet!
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Red Monarch's were only a matter of time. I would pick a few up also. Looks like they will be v2 monarchs (thin border) rather then a red clone of the original. If its real, pretty clever way of introducing them (red white and blue) for the 4th.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:48:02 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 04:57:07 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
I think they look nice!
The monarchs have always been a good deck for magic, I do like the Regal red not the garish red on a lot of decks (opinion)
-Benny
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 07:01:10 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

I have no idea how reliable this is but I looked at the picture under foto forensics and this is what came out, as you can see the "red" is a different color which means its likely photoshopped, the color is based on different compression levels in the picture.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I have no idea how reliable this is but I looked at the picture under foto forensics and this is what came out, as you can see the "red" is a different color which means its likely photoshopped, the color is based on different compression levels in the picture.

Hello John,

1. Reading theory11's responses to the picture on Instagram, its reads like they are defending the decision to go with a Red Monarch.

2. Even if this picture is edited, it does not mean that Red Monarchs will not be on way to a theory11 warehouse from USPCC.

3. I find it very hard to believe theory11 would get the hype machine going unless they were prepared to deliver at some point.

We have said this before about other decks (red rounders) but this was an official post from theory11. I believe these will be a theory11 release.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:17:52 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 11:02:44 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Hello John,

1. Reading theory11's responses to the picture on Instagram, its reads like they are defending the decision to go with a Red Monarch.

2. Even if this picture is edited, it does not mean that Red Monarchs will not be on way to a theory11 warehouse from USPCC.

3. I find it very hard to believe theory11 would get the hype machine going unless they were prepared to deliver at some point.

We have said this before about other decks (red rounders) but this was an official post from theory11. I believe these will be a theory11 release.

*tl;dr Not saying they are real, not saying they aren't just putting info i have out there*

This has also been said about red arcanes, which just so happen to be real, and blue acorns, both of which were my idea to do in order to mess with the community, the second not as successful as the first though.

Theory 11 could have photo shopped a picture to test to see if red monarchs would be something the community would like, but we just don't know

I'm not saying red monarchs aren't real, i'm, also not saying they are. I don't know if they are an idea, in the process of being made, or are made and the red monarch in the picture is indeed real. I'm just providing information that i have gathered so others can form an opinion.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Agreed.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 12:18:20 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
I can't see them teasing them and just leaving it, T11 have a large fan-base
-Benny
Derren Brown

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
I can't see them teasing them and just leaving it, T11 have a large fan-base
-Benny

Not only that, the fan base will buy pretty much anything they bring out.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 03:02:49 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Monarchs have been, and always will be, a very solid deck of cards. The tuck is beautiful but coming from Theory 11, why would it be anything but? The design is nice and it's not too quirky in that they cannot be used for magic or poker. I think a red deck is a nice addition to the Monarch family.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 04:24:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Not the hype train... ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THAT 1 TRAIN

I can't be the only person that doesn't despise monarchs can i? I actually thing these would be pretty sweet!

I only hated the initial hype when this deck was first introduced.  You'd think they were the first playing cards to cure cancer or something.  But they are damn fine cards, and one of my regular decks I carry when I'm out around town.  A royal red version would be excellent - that deep red color is seen on T11 faces a lot, but not as much on the backs.  I can only picture what the box will look like!  I'm thinking black box with red foil!

Monarchs have been, and always will be, a very solid deck of cards. The tuck is beautiful but coming from Theory 11, why would it be anything but? The design is nice and it's not too quirky in that they cannot be used for magic or poker. I think a red deck is a nice addition to the Monarch family.

Very few of T11's decks venture too far away from the standard - but I'm not calling that a bad thing.  The standard is popular in magic for a reason; audiences are comfortable with it.  As far as tucks - for a while there, people were screaming bloody murder that they were all about the tucks, who cares what's inside!  Remember?  All those "version two" decks where the cards were exactly the same from one "version" to the next, just the box was different?  Fortunately, they've backed off from such silliness and are just making solid decks again with much less hype.  Despite Andrei Jikh's statement, a single photo is less of a hype train, more like just the caboose.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 06:06:02 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I was expecting a lot of people to bag this... Anyway, I really like what I see. I will definitely purchase some, they're bound to look fantastic. I do believe they'd go through with this too, an interview with Michael James revealed that theory11 was working on a deck that's currently in production.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Choo Choo!

I actually like this. It would be super SUPER groovy if they used metallic inks too, but we have the Red JAQK for that.

The box will be interesting. And I also think the faces and courts will work well with the back.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Although I personally would've liked to see gold lined designed on the blue Monarchs that matched the tuck, I don't mind the white and how it is now. I personally like a fancy tuck box with not a lot inside to be redesigned (now note, I didn't say not customization, just a little isn't bad). Looking forward to these as well and will definitely pick up the deck. Definitely appreciate the lack of heavy hype at the moment, although I cannot speak for what will or might come in the future (fingers crossed for less hype and letting the decks sell themselves). :))
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 02:45:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
(fingers crossed for less hype and letting the decks sell themselves). :))

So far, the sum total hype has been a single photo posted in two places.  Woo AND hoo.  :))

They haven't seriously hyped anything since the original Monarchs.  The backlash on that was kind of big, likely far more than they'd expected or wanted.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 03:58:55 AM »

malcomteo

It looks pretty good but does not have the look of the original monarch.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 04:37:20 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Oh shit I'm back

Im here with the exclusive info. Andrei from T11 posted on UC.

Referring to the Red Monarchs
Quote from: Andrei Jikh

Actually those are next, most likely on the day when people get scared and candies are a plentiful - and stuff... I can neither confirm nor deny that though.

Now I don't know much about anything, but i think hes talking about christmas halloween

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Oh shit I'm back

Im here with the exclusive info. Andrei from T11 posted on UC.

Referring to the Red Monarchs
Quote from: Andrei Jikh

Actually those are next, most likely on the day when people get scared and candies are a plentiful - and stuff... I can neither confirm nor deny that though.

Now I don't know much about anything, but i think hes talking about christmas halloween

Awesome. I was wondering when or if these would be released.

Yes, scared (Christmas spending) and plentiful candy could be Christmas. Good one. Let's hope the kids like playing cards. J/K Oh wait they do!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:55:42 AM by Anonymous »

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 04:17:35 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Andrei Jikh and T11 both posted this image, it's not showing much but pretty obvious
Andrei Jikh posted "Red Monarchs? Whaa? ‎#hype"
T11 posted "Happy Birthday, America!"

What do you guys think? If this happens I'll probably get a deck to comeplete my collection of the monarchs
-Benny

Looks like a French flag to me, not American.  :P
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Looks like a French flag to me, not American.  :P

Sure - from the BACK...  The French colors are, in order, bleu, blanc et rouge...vive la France!

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 09:31:44 PM »

lyle

• // theory11 Ops

;)

//L
// Lyle Borders
Director of Operations
www.theory11.com

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
WELL.

Looking pretty snazzy so far.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:48:21 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Theory11 must be delighted, not one complaint about this deck release since it was first teased on July 4th. That does not happen often, if at all.

#RedOctober.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:54:14 PM by Anonymous »

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 12:40:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Theory11 must be delighted, not one complaint about this deck release since it was first teased on July 4th. That does not happen often, if at all.

#RedOctober.

It would appear, as I've mentioned before, that T11 learned from the negative reactions people had, culminating in the mess about the original Monarchs.  One teaser photo in July, a few now - not a massive, hype-filled campaign, no claims that it's the best deck made, ever, no giant ads or shouting from rooftops.  It's rather low-key, if you ask me, and it seems to work much better for them.  Many people in July were speculating that it was just a mock-up job done to celebrate the holiday and no red deck existed, especially after nothing was heard after that - and for all we know, they were right and this deck only became a reality after positive reactions to the photo.

No matter which is the case - photo gave birth to deck or deck gave birth to photo - it looks like a good deck and the advertising/sneak peeks aren't being blown out of proportion by them.  WE'RE doing all the hyperbole generating for them, if you think about it...  :))