You are Here:
Luxury Deck by The Blue Crown

Author (Read 12403 times)

Re: Luxury Deck by The Blue Crown
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 01:19:12 AM »

thanamagic

• MW

• YouTube:
im going to pass on this one.... also gold crown back in stock....... first time i heard of gold crown they made it sound sooo rare... but now i feel like they are nothing.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Sanguine? Azure? Curator?

Much better than this. I loved all of them, by the way.

Anyways, I'm absolutely livid about this promotion. I was looking forward to owning a rare piece, but this is simply ridiculous. The Blue Crown is just asking for the most money they can from collectors, despite the fact that all of the merchandise that is spent in order to get the luxury deck will end up being resold. They lost my respect and business.

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 01:38:22 AM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
I don't get why can't they release the luxury deck now to boost their sales, but i am glad now I can spend my money n sm v7 nd split spades
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:38:54 AM by twiscold »

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
Here are some screenshots I took from a video that TBC posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTwUclyEogU&feature=player_embedded

... not the uber-deluxe prize version, but the eventually-to-be-released basic version.

I'm going with you Don, a plate screwed to a box with a regular to be released deck inside is not that charming.

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Hey everyone,

I'm surprised nobody's posted either of the photos from the BC Facebook page. Some of the standard version will be released at 8:00 pm EST on the 26th (I have no idea how many). My family and I will be heading to an internet deadzone in Michigan soon, so I thought I would post a little about it now.  And to reveal that I was hired on freelance to design the Blue Crown Luxury Deck!!

Alex was essentially the Creative Director of the project and I'm very proud of the final design! I've attached a photo of the limited, custom version from their Facebook page, and a photo and 3d Render of the standard version. I made sure not to show any specifics that the guys at TBC haven't yet (except for the Red seal sticker on the standard version). Just like with the ORNATE Deck, it's been a pleasure working with Kevin And Alex!

I signed onto Instagram recently and noticed that TBC has been posting some really sweet photos of the limited, custom version on their feed. Leather wrapping case, gilded edges, hand-signed metal plate and skinny blue seal sticker.

Thanks, Randy

And Happy Holidays!!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Whew...  One less secret to keep...  :))  Looks great, Randy!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

TheBlueCrown: Luxury Edition Crown Decks
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 09:07:56 PM »

shz

• True Member
  • Image credit blazingtalent.deviantart.com
The new blue crown deck is up for grabs .
http://thebluecrown.com/playing-cards/luxury-deck.html

What do you guys think about the deck?
"It's like you're invisible... just the back of an 'ead"

MAJOR brownie points if you get it.

Re: TheBlueCrown: Luxury Edition Crown Decks
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
Better than the original Crown decks but still nothing too amazingly special in my eye. Putting a metal plate on a deck doesn't mean anything to me. The artwork is nice, particularly the AoS, but the $10/deck price tag is too steep IMO. It's still an easy pass for me.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Mehh, not really impressed.   I have all the other crown decks including colors and editions.   This is just an amped up version of the original crown deck.   And at $10 a deck...........just have no desire to pay that right now, especially with spending all my money on gifts for family and friends.   I will hold out and see what other people say about the deck once they purchase it or wait for a slash in price. 
- Adam

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 10:57:58 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
I bought 2 decks. I really like them and I'm excited to receive them. 10 dollars is a little salty, but not too bad. I've still got a sore spot for TBC from the 350 dollar deck.

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The new blue crown deck is up for grabs .
http://thebluecrown.com/playing-cards/luxury-deck.html

What do you guys think about the deck?

What I think is that you should check to see if a topic exists before creating a new one...

Merging them now.

OK, now that that's out of the way...  I think the deck's cool.  You don't ever see recolored Arrco faces.  The AoS isn't my favorite ever, but overall I think Randy did a great job on the redesign.

Better than the original Crown decks but still nothing too amazingly special in my eye. Putting a metal plate on a deck doesn't mean anything to me. The artwork is nice, particularly the AoS, but the $10/deck price tag is too steep IMO. It's still an easy pass for me.

The real metal plate is only on the special handcrafted ones.  Otherwise, it's just foil.

Mehh, not really impressed.   I have all the other crown decks including colors and editions.   This is just an amped up version of the original crown deck.   And at $10 a deck...........just have no desire to pay that right now, especially with spending all my money on gifts for family and friends.   I will hold out and see what other people say about the deck once they purchase it or wait for a slash in price. 

Don't wait too long - unlike the regular Crowns, there's only 2,500 of these.

I bought 2 decks. I really like them and I'm excited to receive them. 10 dollars is a little salty, but not too bad. I've still got a sore spot for TBC from the 350 dollar deck.

When did TBC ever sell a deck for $350?  :))
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:04:00 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »

shz

• True Member
Don, Pardon my n00b antics (once again).

I guess he is talking about the $350 tier for the handmade version.

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

See, now this irks me a bit.  OK, you have to spend $350 if you want the deck - but is that one little deck the ONLY THING you're getting for $350?  Or are you getting $350 worth of merchandise and a free deck?

Ellusionist has been doing this for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time now, and I never hear people piss and whine about it like they do about the Blue Crown.

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »

shz

• True Member
Saw somebody raise a similar point on their facebook event page. Their argument was that ellusionist has enough variety of stuff for you to spend such a large amount on. However, they didn't like the idea of buying multiple pieces of the same item to attain a desired tier level.

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 11:52:50 PM »

DelMagic

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Once you purchase $350 worth of merchandise on thebluecrown.com (HOPC not included) you will get, as a bonus, the special hand-assembled deck with gilded edges and the metal plate on the tuck box. In addtion to the special deck, you will also get another bonus - the uncut sheet of the luxury crown deck which goes with the $200 level purchase.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:53:39 PM by DelMagic »

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 12:35:26 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Just out of curiosity, how many Crowns (in each color) did TBC make?

See, now this irks me a bit.  OK, you have to spend $350 if you want the deck - but is that one little deck the ONLY THING you're getting for $350?  Or are you getting $350 worth of merchandise and a free deck?
Oh boy. Here we go again. It happened to just about every magic company with prize tiers, and now, it's just about TBC's turn. Have fun you guys! :))

P.S. - Just so you know Don, I'm on your side. :D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:36:05 AM by KPopFever605 »
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just out of curiosity, how many Crowns (in each color) did TBC make?

Oh boy. Here we go again. It happened to just about every magic company with prize tiers, and now, it's just about TBC's turn. Have fun you guys! :))

P.S. - Just so you know Don, I'm on your side. :D

No need for a "here we go again".

As far as how many Crowns were made, well - the first editions were limited.  The current are not.

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 12:51:09 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran

Ellusionist has been doing this for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time now, and I never hear people piss and whine about it like they do about the Blue Crown.

No, it's not the only thing I'm getting, but it's the only thing I'll be keeping. It's also the only thing I want. All they're doing is growing the resale market for the same five decks they're selling. I don't have a problem with prize tiers, but this is just stupid. What made them decide on 350 instead of 100? Money. They know that there are guys out there dumb enough to pay that sort of money to get one deck of cards. Greedy little bastards if you ask me. Not only that, they hyped the shit out of the special edition making everyone think that it'd be available for sale. I don't think you can blame the customers for being upset when they found out they'd have to spend 350 dollars to obtain it.

And, quite frankly Don, I don't see what Ellusionist's system has to do with this. Just because one company already does it makes it right?

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

No, it's not the only thing I'm getting, but it's the only thing I'll be keeping. It's also the only thing I want. All they're doing is growing the resale market for the same five decks they're selling. I don't have a problem with prize tiers, but this is just stupid. What made them decide on 350 instead of 100? Money. They know that there are guys out there dumb enough to pay that sort of money to get one deck of cards. Greedy little bastards if you ask me. Not only that, they hyped the shit out of the special edition making everyone think that it'd be available for sale. I don't think you can blame the customers for being upset when they found out they'd have to spend 350 dollars to obtain it.

And, quite frankly Don, I don't see what Ellusionist's system has to do with this. Just because one company already does it makes it right?

There's only 144 of those rare, hand-built decks.  They're not priced for EVERYONE to own in the first place, in terms of the hoops that have to be jumped through to get them, for just that reason.  What made you think that a deck that rare would be available for sale, because they never said anything to that effect.

I got a text last night from Kevin Reylek.  Just before midnight they were down to fewer than 700 "standard" Luxury Crowns.  It won't be long before they are the rare ones!

As far as Ellusionist's system - it's not that it's good or bad.  It's that no one complains about they way they do this than about the way TBC does this.  And E's decks exist in far greater quantities.  5,000 Gold Crowns, 5,000 BG1Es, 2,000 remaining Red Artifices, but no one balks.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:09:34 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Bought myself a brick of these; they look very elegant give or take a few points from the Ace of Spades.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
"Better than the original Crown decks but still nothing too amazingly special in my eye."

@Fanofyankees13: I don't agree this is better then the original crown deck. I liked Randy's work on the Ornate Deck mostly due to his interpretation of standard court cards and his incorporation of the custom boxes. I've been wanting to see a new deck using TBC logo for months but to call this deck "Luxury Crown Deck" is making it out to be more then it is. Because Alex's signature is on it, I would have called this new brand "TBC Signature Series", not Luxury.

"As far as Ellusionist's system - it's not that it's good or bad.  It's that no one complains about they way they do this than about the way TBC does this.  And E's decks exist in far greater quantities.  5,000 Gold Crowns, 5,000 BG1Es, 2,000 remaining Red Artifices, but no one balks."

@Don Boyer: I think the reason no one balks at Ellusionist's tier system is because:

1. Ellusionist does not use the same deck consecutive times in promotions like the TBC has done with the Gold Crown Deck time after time.

2. When Ellusionist has people spend money to get a tier freebie its "usually" not flat out released weeks later for less then those who first had to pay a tier price. The snow owls cost buyers a whole brick only to have them released on their own for much less weeks later. How do you expect people feel.

I will tell you the truth Don, ever since your Gold Crown fiasco on this forum and finding out you were asked as a friend/consultant to introduce the Gold Crown Deck there has been a noticeable difference in way TBC does business. The way its being done now is not for the better.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 05:10:41 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
No need for a "here we go again".
I can see it sparking.

As far as how many Crowns were made, well - the first editions were limited.  The current are not.
By saying the first editions were limited, what numbers are we talking about? 5,000? 2.5k?

No, it's not the only thing I'm getting, but it's the only thing I'll be keeping. It's also the only thing I want.
Good, then sell the $350 worth of merchandise, and keep the deck for yourself.

Again, with this whole fiasco, prize tiers aren't made to force you to buy something, it's just an incentive. Many companies have tapped into that "got-to-have-them-all" mentality we have to make profit. You never have to obtain that deck, but if you want it, just pay the $350, and sell off everything you purchased, keeping the deck.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

There's only 144 of those rare, hand-built decks.  They're not priced for EVERYONE to own in the first place, in terms of the hoops that have to be jumped through to get them, for just that reason.  What made you think that a deck that rare would be available for sale, because they never said anything to that effect.

I got a text last night from Kevin Reylek.  Just before midnight they were down to fewer than 700 "standard" Luxury Crowns.  It won't be long before they are the rare ones!

As far as Ellusionist's system - it's not that it's good or bad.  It's that no one complains about they way they do this than about the way TBC does this.  And E's decks exist in far greater quantities.  5,000 Gold Crowns, 5,000 BG1Es, 2,000 remaining Red Artifices, but no one balks.

5k Gold Arcane? Not Gold crowns :)

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

By saying the first editions were limited, what numbers are we talking about? 5,000? 2.5k?

It's 2.5k as well as the Blue and Red Crown V1.

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 11:17:38 PM »

DelMagic

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
The Luxury Decks appear to be sold out.