Luxury Deck by The Blue Crown

Author (Read 12299 times)

Re: Luxury Deck by The Blue Crown
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 12:25:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

@Don Boyer: I think the reason no one balks at Ellusionist's tier system is because:

1. Ellusionist does not use the same deck consecutive times in promotions like the TBC has done with the Gold Crown Deck time after time.

2. When Ellusionist has people spend money to get a tier freebie its "usually" not flat out released weeks later for less then those who first had to pay a tier price. The snow owls cost buyers a whole brick only to have them released on their own for much less weeks later. How do you expect people feel.

I will tell you the truth Don, ever since your Gold Crown fiasco on this forum and finding out you were asked as a friend/consultant to introduce the Gold Crown Deck there has been a noticeable difference in way TBC does business. The way its being done now is not for the better.

Wow - didn't realize I had that much influence on the world around me...  :))

TBC does what they want to do.  Friend, yes; consultant - only as far as asking a friend about a few ideas would be considered "consulting".  Looked at that way, all of your friends, family, co-workers and that cute bartender that works Friday nights are your "consultants"...

E uses the same decks over and over and over for promotions.  Gold Arcanes are all over the place as prizes, as $75 tier specials, as their standard $350 tier, as their $475 tier with a Lucite case.  It's not the only deck they've done such things with, either.

The Snow Owls weren't tiered.  You buy a brick, you get a freebie.  People liked them so much, just as with the Gold Crowns, they wanted to buy them.  "How do you expect people to feel?", you ask?  Happy, since they requested it!  Aside from a verbal minority who complained, probably because many thought they'd be able to flip them on eBay for more than the brick's cost.

Again, with this whole fiasco, prize tiers aren't made to force you to buy something, it's just an incentive. Many companies have tapped into that "got-to-have-them-all" mentality we have to make profit. You never have to obtain that deck, but if you want it, just pay the $350, and sell off everything you purchased, keeping the deck.

True words.  Smart words, too.

5k Gold Arcane? Not Gold crowns :)

Yes - meant to say Arcane, but said Crown.  Thanks.

As far as how many Crowns were made, well - the first editions were limited.  The current are not.
By saying the first editions were limited, what numbers are we talking about? 5,000? 2.5k?

It's 2.5k as well as the Blue and Red Crown V1.

Actually, and don't quote me on this, I believe that the v1 red and blue Crown decks were made in amounts somewhat higher.  This Luxury Crown deck is probably their shortest run ever.

The Luxury Decks appear to be sold out.

They don't just appear sold out - they ARE sold out.  It was about 25 hours ago that Kevin texted me that they only had 700 left.  That was a fast sellout.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2012, 12:33:08 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Anyway... I got 13 decks. How many did you guys get?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2012, 12:35:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Just three.  Got some Crown trick decks to go with them; strippers and invisibles.

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Just three.  Got some Crown trick decks to go with them; strippers and invisibles.

Ah nice, i've been meaning to ask how are those. So how are they xD.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Ah nice, i've been meaning to ask how are those. So how are they xD.

When I have them and start playing with them, I'll let you know...  I hear they did some fine work on them.  The strippers, if I'm not mistaken, were hand-cut on a Porper cutter.

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2012, 06:59:53 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Wow - didn't realize I had that much influence on the world around me... 

TBC does what they want to do.  Friend, yes; consultant - only as far as asking a friend about a few ideas would be considered "consulting".  Looked at that way, all of your friends, family, co-workers and that cute bartender that works Friday nights are your "consultants"...

E uses the same decks over and over and over for promotions.  Gold Arcanes are all over the place as prizes, as $75 tier specials, as their standard $350 tier, as their $475 tier with a Lucite case.  It's not the only deck they've done such things with, either.

The Snow Owls weren't tiered.  You buy a brick, you get a freebie.  People liked them so much, just as with the Gold Crowns, they wanted to buy them.  "How do you expect people to feel?", you ask?  Happy, since they requested it!  Aside from a verbal minority who complained, probably because many thought they'd be able to flip them on eBay for more than the brick's cost.

Haha no no Don. I don't mean you influenced TBC... As much as I'm using the time line of that Gold Crown announcement as the moment I started noticing a difference in TBC business strategy

If E used the Gold Arcanes twice (2) this year (2012) that's nothing compared to the 4 or 5 times the TBC/HOPC used the Gold Crown Deck.

Are there people that were happy about the release of snow owls on there own? I'm sure there are but there are just as many who are not. Snow owls were not tiered but it works the same way by giving people an incentive to buy more product they might not buy otherwise. Think about the people who follow TBC and are the first to buy product. They did not need to buy a brick but thought it was the only way to get a snow owl deck. Now think about a future promotion where these same people are going to be very cautious about buying product or just not buy at all. I say this because I like the TBC and their team. I see the negative impact these decisions are having on the company and could have a larger impact on sales.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:51:52 AM by Legacy »

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2012, 06:16:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Haha no no Don. I don't mean you influenced TBC... As much as I'm using the time line of that Gold Crown announcement as the moment I started noticing a difference in TBC business strategy

If E used the Gold Arcanes twice (2) this year (2012) that's nothing compared to the 4 or 5 times the TBC/HOPC used the Gold Crown Deck.

Are there people that were happy about the release of snow owls on there own? I'm sure there are but there are just as many who are not. Snow owls were not tiered but it works the same way by giving people an incentive to buy more product they might not buy otherwise. Think about the people who follow TBC and are the first to buy product. They did not need to buy a brick but thought it was the only way to get a snow owl deck. Now think about a future promotion where these same people are going to be very cautious about buying product or just not buy at all. I say this because I like the TBC and their team. I see the negative impact these decisions are having on the company and could have a larger impact on sales.

If nothing else, TBC does try to be responsive to the desires of its customers.  While the super-rare version of the Luxury Crown deck is hard to obtain at a high price tier, the "standard" Luxury Deck, while it was available, was much more reasonably priced, without tiers or anything - buy 'em 'til they're gone, period.

I highly recommend you let TBC know how you feel on this topic.  You've expressed your thoughts very clearly and respectfully here and I'm sure TBC would be very appreciative and receptive to receiving an email like this from a customer such as yourself.

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Moral of the Story: It's impossible to make everyone happy.

Haha. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the word "twice" implies, and, although it's about to be a new year, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what "this year" is.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2012, 10:55:01 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Don Boyer wrote: “If nothing else, TBC does try to be responsive to the desires of its customers.  While the super-rare version of the Luxury Crown deck is hard to obtain at a high price tier, the "standard" Luxury Deck, while it was available, was much more reasonably priced, without tiers or anything - buy 'em 'til they're gone, period.

I highly recommend you let TBC know how you feel on this topic.  You've expressed your thoughts very clearly and respectfully here and I'm sure TBC would be very appreciative and receptive to receiving an email like this from a customer such as yourself.”

@ Don Boyer: TBC has graciously answered my concerns directly or indirectly in the past. I would not necessarily say they are appreciative of my comments but I was appreciative to have them answered. As you say, TBC does what they want to do. I have no aspirations of voluntarily transgressing my status as a customer by sending TBC an email.

In terms of this super-rare version of the Luxury Crown Deck, you and I both know that rareness does not necessarily equate to desirability. It’s an insult to TBC customer intelligence to put a $350 tier on it.

KPopFever605 wrote: “Moral of the Story: It's impossible to make everyone happy.”

@KPopFever605: But it’s NOT impossible to make a majority of your customers happy. This is something every company strives for.

KPopFever605 wrote: "Haha. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the word "twice" implies, and, although it's about to be a new year, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what "this year" is."

@KPopFever605: I don’t know how much you read of Don and I going back and forth before you commented.  I was simply defining the time frame I was referring to for Don because Don had interpreted what I originally wrote as the general usage of Gold Arcane’s in promotions (since their existence).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:20:30 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Alright here are my little first impressions.

The box is really nice, the foils are all done well and it has a non coated feel that i can't really describe. :P Once you open the box you notice that the borders are really thin and it's very nice compared to the thick borders the original crown decks have. The modified colors on the faces are really nice also, the reds are a darker red, the blue are a purplish blue and the yellow and a darker yellow. The deck feels like bicycle stock and magic finish, the same stock the normal crowns are on. Overall this deck is really nice, if you plan on using a form of crown decks for performing i would just stick with normal crowns though. If you are a collector that doesn't open any of you decks and just admire them as art, which is silly, i would buy these, they are a nice cheap collectors item.

Sorry for the scatterminded first impressions. I'm on some heavy duty cough syrup for the cough i have had for 2 months :P

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Now that they're "sold out", I'm betting you that they'll put them up as one of their prize tier rewards.

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don Boyer wrote: “If nothing else, TBC does try to be responsive to the desires of its customers.  While the super-rare version of the Luxury Crown deck is hard to obtain at a high price tier, the "standard" Luxury Deck, while it was available, was much more reasonably priced, without tiers or anything - buy 'em 'til they're gone, period.

I highly recommend you let TBC know how you feel on this topic.  You've expressed your thoughts very clearly and respectfully here and I'm sure TBC would be very appreciative and receptive to receiving an email like this from a customer such as yourself.”

@ Don Boyer: TBC has graciously answered my concerns directly or indirectly in the past. I would not necessarily say they are appreciative of my comments but I was appreciative to have them answered. As you say, TBC does what they want to do. I have no aspirations of voluntarily transgressing my status as a customer by sending TBC an email.

In terms of this super-rare version of the Luxury Crown Deck, you and I both know that rareness does not necessarily equate to desirability. It’s an insult to TBC customer intelligence to put a $350 tier on it.

KPopFever605 wrote: “Moral of the Story: It's impossible to make everyone happy.”

@KPopFever605: But it’s NOT impossible to make a majority of your customers happy. This is something every company strives for.

KPopFever605 wrote: "Haha. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the word "twice" implies, and, although it's about to be a new year, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what "this year" is."

@KPopFever605: I don’t know how much you read of Don and I going back and forth before you commented.  I was simply defining the time frame I was referring to for Don because Don had interpreted what I originally wrote as the general usage of Gold Arcane’s in promotions (since their existence).

Google defines "transgress" as "infringe or go beyond the boundaries of (a moral principle or other established standard of behavior)."  There's a second definition, but it's nautical-specific and doesn't apply.  How would sending a company from which you make purchases an email be a transgression of your status as a customer?  If anything, it makes you more important to them, because you're a customer who took the time and trouble to compose a message to them for whatever reason, be it to praise or to condemn.  Emailing the company you buy from is pretty much standard practice for many customers, if for no other reasons but to either complain about a bad situation, speak well of a good situation or offer suggestions to better serve your needs, and it falls well withing the established standard of behavior for a customer.

You mentioned to KPop about the majority of customers.  How do you know that your opinion is truly representative of the majority?  Did you ask all of the Blue Crown's customers?  Do you have a number in mind of just how many customers they have?  A railroad train can have hundreds of wheels - if only one or two are squeaking far more loudly than the others, that doesn't make them a majority, it just makes them more audible - and more in need of grease!

There could be a hundred people complaining on their Facebook page about a particular concept, but if they have nine hundred other customers who are perfectly happy with the status quo and either comment positively or (for the most part) say nothing because they're content, their customer satisfaction rate is 90% - enviable in nearly any business.  And the reality is they don't have anywhere near as many as a hundred complainants, nor do they have as few as a thousand customers, so the actual satisfaction rate is much higher.

And as far as KPop's "numeric" comments, ignore them.  He sometimes butts in with tangential commentary like that which doesn't drive the conversation forward.  We're used to it by now...  :))

Sorry for the scatterminded first impressions. I'm on some heavy duty cough syrup for the cough i have had for 2 months :P

Now THAT explains a lot, bro!  :))

Now that they're "sold out", I'm betting you that they'll put them up as one of their prize tier rewards.

Let's look at this statement for a minute, KPop.  The holiday season ends in about a half-a-week.  The Blue Crown doesn't do prize tiers as a general rule - just during the holidays.  What on Earth makes you think they'll add it as a tier NOW, only to remove it in a few days?  Are you getting these guys mixed up with Ellusionist or something?  And to top it off, they're already offering the "mega-deluxe" version of this deck as a prize tier.  They might offer them as prizes down the road, but not as a prize tier, at least not until the holiday season in 2013.

And by "sold out" I'm assuming you're referring to the policy of holding back a small supply.  ALL the card companies do this, because unlike USPC's own decks, these don't come with a USPC guarantee card - it's the company who ordered them from USPC and is selling them who's responsible for making customers with defective decks whole, not the printer.  They've replaced a 1st Edition Crown deck for me that had a printing defect.  They don't keep an unlimited supply, but they do estimate how many defects the run should have at the "Q-level" at which it was commissioned and add in a margin of error on top of that in addition to a handful of decks for specific purposes like promotions and prizes.

Eventually, though, when the deck's been out a long enough time, it's assumed that any defects that were to be found would have been found, and whatever is left after replacing defective decks at that point become prizes.  If I approached T11 tonight with a defective White Centurion deck, they'd have none to replace it with, having very publicly given away the last of the supply last holiday season.  I had this happen once already with a defective deck of Ohio-made Propagandas - they sent me a red Bee Stinger instead, since they were out of the Propagandas (though they did mysteriously show up later in the market with a "maker's mark" of Erlanger)...

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2012, 12:38:15 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Google defines "transgress" as "infringe or go beyond the boundaries of (a moral principle or other established standard of behavior)."  There's a second definition, but it's nautical-specific and doesn't apply.  How would sending a company from which you make purchases an email be a transgression of your status as a customer?  If anything, it makes you more important to them, because you're a customer who took the time and trouble to compose a message to them for whatever reason, be it to praise or to condemn.  Emailing the company you buy from is pretty much standard practice for many customers, if for no other reasons but to either complain about a bad situation, speak well of a good situation or offer suggestions to better serve your needs, and it falls well withing the established standard of behavior for a customer.

@DonBoyer: I know the definition. I don't want to tell TBC what I think they should be doing. If I was ever asked my opinion sure I would throw them a bone. That's never going to happen. I'm a customer and the email you are suggesting I write has nothing to do with any purchase I have made. Over the years I've given many companies solid ideas. In general, I just don't want to anymore. I know my place as a customer, it's their company, let them figure it out.

You mentioned to KPop about the majority of customers.  How do you know that your opinion is truly representative of the majority?  Did you ask all of the Blue Crown's customers?

@DonBoyer: I'm NOT saying "my opinion" is representative of the majority. I just don't agree with that "SH!@ happens" mentality that comes with the phrase "can't make everyone happy". Companies do strive to make a majority of costumers happy, as does TBC.

Having read comments on UC.Com for the Luxury Crown Deck, there is an increasing negativity for TBC.  Some who sound like they have been burned by a Blue Crown promotion. No, it does not account for an actual majority but it is a sample size of those that purchase a specific product (playing cards). Yes, I know they are a magic company. However, as of late the main focus of major tier promotions involve playing cards. How do I know this? It is evident by their Christmas Promotions and Tier Promotions when offering rare/limited decks for buying more product. Sometime before the Gold Crown announcement, TBC must of realized where the company's bread was being buttered.  Decks of Playing Cards help move MAGIC product, hence the Tiers. I think it is fair to use UC or even Discourse as a sample size of TBC customer opinion. Not to mention the existence of HOPC which accounts for another percentage of customer sample size. As per Kevin (on UC.net) they are considered separate companies but from a community standpoint they are the same and effect the overall opinion of TBC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:45:20 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
And as far as KPop's "numeric" comments, ignore them.  He sometimes butts in with tangential commentary like that which doesn't drive the conversation forward.  We're used to it by now...  :))
Thank You. :))

Let's look at this statement for a minute, KPop.  The holiday season ends in about a half-a-week.  The Blue Crown doesn't do prize tiers as a general rule - just during the holidays.  What on Earth makes you think they'll add it as a tier NOW, only to remove it in a few days?  Are you getting these guys mixed up with Ellusionist or something?  And to top it off, they're already offering the "mega-deluxe" version of this deck as a prize tier.  They might offer them as prizes down the road, but not as a prize tier, at least not until the holiday season in 2013.
Sorry for making it not clear enough. As you've mentioned, I did mean that TBC will eventually have it as a tier prize later on in the year. Of course, I know that their giveaway is going to end in a matter of days. :))

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2012, 02:09:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@DonBoyer: I know the definition. I don't want to tell TBC what I think they should be doing. If I was ever asked my opinion sure I would throw them a bone. That's never going to happen. I'm a customer and the email you are suggesting I write has nothing to do with any purchase I have made. Over the years I've given many companies solid ideas. In general, I just don't want to anymore. I know my place as a customer, it's their company, let them figure it out.

Companies maintain their email accounts and hire people to answer them because they want to hear from their customers.  If they went and asked every single customer, many who would rather not be disturbed by "marketeers" might get ticked off by the intrusion.  It's the consumer's choice, as you've made yours, whether or not to avail one's self of the option, but it doesn't represent any kind of transgression.

@DonBoyer: I'm NOT saying "my opinion" is representative of the majority. I just don't agree with that "SH!@ happens" mentality that comes with the phrase "can't make everyone happy". Companies do strive to make a majority of costumers happy, as does TBC.

Having read comments on UC.Com for the Luxury Crown Deck, there is an increasing negativity for TBC.  Some who sound like they have been burned by a Blue Crown promotion. No, it does not account for an actual majority but it is a sample size of those that purchase a specific product (playing cards). Yes, I know they are a magic company. However, as of late the main focus of major tier promotions involve playing cards. How do I know this? It is evident by their Christmas Promotions and Tier Promotions when offering rare/limited decks for buying more product. Sometime before the Gold Crown announcement, TBC must of realized where the company's bread was being buttered.  Decks of Playing Cards help move MAGIC product, hence the Tiers. If that's not true, then why doesn't TBC offer MAGIC product as a tier? I think it is fair to use UC or even Discourse as a sample size of TBC customer opinion. Not to mention the existence of HOPC which accounts for another percentage of customer sample size. As per Kevin (on UC.net) they are considered separate companies but from a community standpoint they are the same and effect the overall opinion of TBC.

The simple fact does remain that you can't make everyone happy, regardless of what you do.  It doesn't mean a company should stop trying, and TBC doesn't stop trying, but it does mean that achieving 100% customer satisfaction at all times is a goal to aim for while recognizing it will never be achieved.

Negative comments on UC?  Well, I'm not a big user of the site.  From what I've heard, negative comments on UC are pretty much par for the course - though I would welcome hearing opinions to the contrary.

Playing cards can move magic, but more to the point, there are people who buy cards and have little to no interest in magic at all.  It's the reason HOPC was created - to reach a broader market.  It's no secret.  Most of the companies in this marketplace, big and small, use playing cards to move products.  If they didn't, we wouldn't have E's Black Club, or D&D's Deck of the Month Club.

As far as UC's non-lurking members being a fair sampling of TBC's customers, actually, the answer to that would be no, it's not a fair sampling.  A fair sampling would cover customers from a variety of backgrounds and interests, chosen as randomly as possible.  There's a lot of people out there who buy cards and magic and (surprise) don't even know UC or the Discourse even exist.  They find TBC through Google or Facebook, or they spot their products in a magic shop (either online or brick-n-mortar) and find the website from there.  For every one person on UC who writes a comment about TBC, there's a larger number who never do.  For every TBC customer who is a UC member, writing or non-writing, there's a larger number who aren't UC members, either by choice or lack of awareness that it exists.  They're a sampling of TBC's customers, yes - but not a fair, balanced, unbiased, random sampling.  It's a non-random sampling of TBC customers who are members of UC and like to write about the company for better or worse, which in the big picture is only a narrow and specific fraction of all the TBC customers in the world.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:29:58 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2012, 03:04:21 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I picked up 3 of these, the price point was a little steep I think, but they look awesome so whatever.

And I dont get why people always complain about tier rewards, they are business's who want money just deal with it.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
“Companies maintain their email accounts and hire people to answer them because they want to hear from their customers.  If they went and asked every single customer, many who would rather not be disturbed by "marketers" might get ticked off by the intrusion.  It's the consumer's choice, as you've made yours, whether or not to avail one's self of the option, but it doesn't represent any kind of transgression.”

@DonBoyer: The act of writing your suggested email is my choice (as you say) and it does overstep “my status” as customer “FOR ME” whether TBC sees it that way or not. I am a customer because I choose to be not because TBC makes me one. So it is my customer status to transgress or to not transgress.

“The simple fact does remain that you can't make everyone happy, regardless of what you do.  It doesn't mean a company should stop trying, and TBC doesn't stop trying, but it does mean that achieving 100% customer satisfaction at all times is a goal to aim for while recognizing it will never be achieved.”

@DonBoyer: This is obvious and it’s basically what I said before. All you’re doing is repeating points many of us are already aware of. I thought we were beyond this. I was not arguing whether KPOP was right or wrong. I did not agree that he (not TBC) uses “can’t make everyone happy” as if it’s no big deal. The growing negativity is something the TBC should to be aware of. This is not my opinion but what I’m reading on UC.

“Negative comments on UC?  Well, I'm not a big user of the site.  From what I've heard, negative comments on UC are pretty much par for the course - though I would welcome hearing opinions to the contrary.”

@DonBoyer: People on UC just have more freedom to say what they feel without its moderator fighting them tooth and nail when something is said about a friends company. There really is no point in posting here. You either repeat obvious points or disagree for the sake of having the last word. Don, you’re like the KGB of communist playing card forums. It’s really quite amazing how you frustrate people into submission. NO, that does not mean you are right, it just means people find it utterly pointless continuing to go back and forth with you.

“Playing cards can move magic, but more to the point, there are people who buy cards and have little to no interest in magic at all.  It's the reason HOPC was created - to reach a broader market.”

@DonBoyer: Obviously and now having to repeat myself again. All I was doing is explaining why its fair to use a “playing card forum” as a sample of TBC customers despite the fact they are a magic company. My usage of HOPC was to show that HOPC only increases the percentage of those who buy playing cards out of the general TBC customers. Despite being separate companies they should indeed be considered the same in terms of community customer opinion. (I will get to your point of why it is not fair further down)

“As far as UC's non-lurking members being a fair sampling of TBC's customers, actually, the answer to that would be no, it's not a fair sampling.  A fair sampling would cover customers from a variety of backgrounds and interests, chosen as randomly as possible.  There's a lot of people out there who buy cards and magic and (surprise) don't even know UC or the Discourse even exist

@DonBoyer: You assume because some customers never write on or read the forum they have no issue?  You can’t assume that either. Until TBC starts using random surveys of customers, people writing on these forums are used as a fair source of customer feedback. Those who don't write could also be past customers who simply did not want to buy anything. That’s not a good thing for TBC either and negates your satisfied customer who wrote nothing.

As for why I am writing: DON, The ONLY reason this entire back and forth got started was because you defended TBC. You thought people complained more about TBC’s promotions then Ellusionist and I explained to you why that is. I never bought the Luxury Crown Deck, I never bought the Altruism Deck and I certainly would never buy $350 of unneeded product just to get a handmade deck of cards with Alex’s signature on it. Does Alex think he is Houdini now to be asking people to spend $350? I don't see the incentive. TBC might be attempting similar types of promotions as Ellusionist and getting more heat for it but that's because TBC does not do it as well. That comes with experience.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:13:54 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Man, you guys are going off over here! I'll try to bring it back to the Luxury Deck a little bit!

I got a care package from The Blue Crown today. The Deck turned out even cooler than I thought it would!! I ordered a Brick on the 26th and it looks like either Kevin or Alex intercepted and added the additional Decks and Uncut. I will definitely tuck away the special editions and a couple standard versions for safe-keeping with my all-time favorite Portfolio pieces.

Thanks, Randy

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I was suprised to see a TBC package in the mail today, and it turns out that my dad decided to secretly order 3 Luxury decks for me!

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2012, 11:49:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm going to keep this more on point and just get to the most relevant of the issues.

@DonBoyer: You assume because some customers never write on or read the forum they have no issue?  You can’t assume that either. Until TBC starts using random surveys of customers, people writing on these forums are used as a fair source of customer feedback. Those who don't write could also be past customers who simply did not want to buy anything. That’s not a good thing for TBC either and negates your satisfied customer who wrote nothing.

As for why I am writing: DON, The ONLY reason this entire back and forth got started was because you defended TBC. You thought people complained more about TBC’s promotions then Ellusionist and I explained to you why that is. I never bought the Luxury Crown Deck, I never bought the Altruism Deck and I certainly would never buy $350 of unneeded product just to get a handmade deck of cards with Alex’s signature on it. Does Alex think he is Houdini now to be asking people to spend $350? I don't see the incentive. TBC might be attempting similar types of promotions as Ellusionist and getting more heat for it but that's because TBC does not do it as well. That comes with experience.

I never made any assumptions about non-writing customers, other than that they aren't motivated by experiences either positive or negative to write.  But a better gauge of customer satisfaction is how many customers, writing or non-writing, are repeat customers.  And on that point, TBC and HOPC are doing just fine.  Forum writers still don't make for a representative sampling of their customers - they just make for a representative sampling of their customers who write on forums.

It's fine that you and/or other UC writers don't find adequate incentive in the company's prize tiers and selected other offerings, just as it's fine that you feel that TBC's promotions aren't as good as the offerings from Ellusionist.  I have no hard feelings toward you or any UC member for this, and I very much enjoyed this well-thought and intelligent discussion.  I welcome you and others to come by and express opinions that are contrary to my own, since without hearing such opinions, one would remain stagnant and never be open to alternate possibilities.

I thank you for coming by and look forward to hearing from you again on other topics, card-related or otherwise!

tl;dr: [apuvoice] Welcome to the Kwik-E-Mart - thank you, come again! [/apuvvoice] :))

Man, you guys are going off over here! I'll try to bring it back to the Luxury Deck a little bit!

I got a care package from The Blue Crown today. The Deck turned out even cooler than I thought it would!! I ordered a Brick on the 26th and it looks like either Kevin or Alex intercepted and added the additional Decks and Uncut. I will definitely tuck away the special editions and a couple standard versions for safe-keeping with my all-time favorite Portfolio pieces.

Thanks, Randy

That's some mighty fine swag ya got there, bro!

I was suprised to see a TBC package in the mail today, and it turns out that my dad decided to secretly order 3 Luxury decks for me!

See, you dad DOES care...  aw...  now you're gonna make me cry...  :))
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:51:43 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2013, 12:45:54 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I did not agree that he (not TBC) uses “can’t make everyone happy” as if it’s no big deal.
What did you think I could've said? Did you just want me to repeat your wording, saying "It's impossible to everyone happy, be they should try anyway." ?

P.S. - You know you can quote posts, instead of having to copy and paste everything, right?

tl;dr: [apuvoice] Welcome to the Kwik-E-Mart - thank you, come again! [/apuvvoice] :))
Nice touch! :))

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
"Welcome to the Kwik-E-Mart - thank you, come again!"

@ DonBoyer: Nothing you do on this forum is Kwik-E-Mart. Is this a New Years resolution of yours?

Happy New Year Don!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:03:20 AM by Legacy »

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Sounds like you have a pretty cool dad!
- Adam

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2013, 08:41:28 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
"Welcome to the Kwik-E-Mart - thank you, come again!"

@ DonBoyer: Nothing you do on this forum is Kwik-E-Mart. Is this a New Years resolution of yours?

Happy New Year Don!!

A happy and healthy New Year to you as well, my friend!  And the rest of you, too.

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2013, 01:28:13 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular

Thanks, Randy

Thanks very much Randy, for bringing us this beautiful Luxury Deck!
The brick box looks so cool! Can't wait to see it in person! TBC has not shipped out my order yet...

I LOVE the Limited Gold gilded Luxury Deck as well and also the uncut  :)
I love the BLUE you used! I love blue :)

(The only thing that I didn't like was the "synthetic leather cloth wrap", I didn't like the smell...)

Looking forward to your new project!

Regards,
Doris