Crown deck V2-- all colors
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:55:48 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
CROWN DECK V2! We're happy to announce that ourawesome line of Crown decks will be back in stock for the holidays! That's right, all 3 stunning colors back in stock. The 2nd edition decks feature new changes and improvements, but you'll have to wait until later to learn about those! Stay tuned!

Picture right here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=308745059140438&set=a.300064770008467.92678.295728693775408&type=1&theater

Re: Crown deck V2-- all colors
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 01:21:50 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Not sure why people think these are super-rare simply because they sell out fast. Most sales are from resellers, and I guess they held back enough from the release to have a whole new release now.

I wonder what the price-point will be on these?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 01:33:57 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The price should be the same as v1 they released 5.95$ per deck.
I'm glad they re-release this, I now have only 1 each of red and blue, and 2 green.
So, I didn't use it, just open and start at the deck.
Haha, then when v2 come out, I could buy some at anytime I want. :)

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 01:49:27 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I am not a big fan of the crown decks and just like alex I want to know why they are suppose to be rare. the same thing happen with clip art decks though, crowns are better then that though.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well obviously they're rare because they're sold out! I wouldn't say they're "super rare" but I do think they're rare.
And I really like the Crown decks, they're very nice

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 10:52:33 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
The price should be the same as v1 they released 5.95$ per deck.
I'm glad they re-release this, I now have only 1 each of red and blue, and 2 green.
So, I didn't use it, just open and start at the deck.
Haha, then when v2 come out, I could buy some at anytime I want. :)

Are u serious? I dun think they have unlimited quantities..

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Are u serious? I dun think they have unlimited quantities..

I don't think they will do limted for the v2.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 12:29:44 PM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
CROWN DECK V2! We're happy to announce that ourawesome line of Crown decks will be back in stock for the holidays! That's right, all 3 stunning colors back in stock. The 2nd edition decks feature new changes and improvements, but you'll have to wait until later to learn about those! Stay tuned!

Picture right here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=308745059140438&set=a.300064770008467.92678.295728693775408&type=1&theater

Sounds fishy when they say back in stock for the holidays.. Which means they might be only in stock for the holidays

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't think they will be permanently in stock. Probably a small run just like the other prints of the crown decks

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
These are not stock that were "held back" and are being re-released.  They are an entirely new printing with changes and improvements.  Same core design and awesome quality, but you will be able to distinguish between the 1st edition and 2nd edition decks so that the 1st eds retain their collectability.  First edition decks are long gone.  Even the CEO of the company barely has any first edition decks of his own.

The 1st eds are both rare and limited.  The reason is because very few were made, I don't know if it can be put any more simply. Let's just say that a red or blue 1st edition is more rare than a Red Artifice.  Because of demand, we printed more of the 1st run of greens than the reds/blues, but quantities were still limited.

The 2nd edition decks being released for the holidays will not be limited.  They may go out of stock from time to time, but more will be printed. We want people to be able to use Crown decks as their core performance decks for many years to come, if they so desire.

We've printed plenty of v2 decks, so they should last awhile.  When they run out, we'll print more.

I don't know where some people come up with their various guesses and speculation. People sure do like to read a lot into every little word used in ad copy.  Back in stock for the holidays means they'll be available to purchase this holiday season.  The purchase window is not limited to the holidays though.

And of course, we have some other surprises up our sleeves as well.  But those will have to wait!

Thanks to all for the interest in the decks, they'll be available soon!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
These are not stock that were "held back" and are being re-released.  They are an entirely new printing with changes and improvements.

I don't know where some people come up with their various guesses and speculation. People sure do like to read a lot into every little word used in ad copy.  Back in stock for the holidays means they'll be available to purchase this holiday season. 

"Back" in stock implies these were once in stock, and no longer are. If these are new and improved versions, then they are simply going to be "in stock for the first time."

Actually, from the ad, I concluded that the original blue, red & green Crowns are being re-released, and on top of that you guys are planning a completely new design for the v2 crowns to be released later.

Someone in the marketing department dun' goofed. I don't think I am the only one who has this misconception.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I can see where that confusion would come from.  Since these are still "Crown Decks", we consider that they're "back" in stock.  Though from an extremely technical point of view, these are indeed in stock for the first time.  The original newsletter does mention the changes and improvements to the new version, so one would think those facts would be enough of a hint that this is a new printing.

My "back in stock for the holidays" reference was in response to the comment from Junjie04 about the decks only being available during the holidays.  They'll be available well after the holidays and into the future.  Of course, there will be plenty of good reasons to buy during the holiday season.  :)

This Halloween announcement is just a quickie nugget so that fans know Crowns will be available soon.  All of the details will be posted later, and it will be clear that there are differences between the editions.  Of course we want everyone to know exactly what they're getting.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 05:25:04 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I can see where that confusion would come from.  Since these are still "Crown Decks", we consider that they're "back" in stock.  Though from an extremely technical point of view, these are indeed in stock for the first time.  The original newsletter does mention the changes and improvements to the new version, so one would think those facts would be enough of a hint that this is a new printing.

My "back in stock for the holidays" reference was in response to the comment from Junjie04 about the decks only being available during the holidays.  They'll be available well after the holidays and into the future.  Of course, there will be plenty of good reasons to buy during the holiday season.  :)

This Halloween announcement is just a quickie nugget so that fans know Crowns will be available soon.  All of the details will be posted later, and it will be clear that there are differences between the editions.  Of course we want everyone to know exactly what they're getting.

Well in that case I'm looking forward to seeing the enhanced new Crowns.  :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 04:18:50 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Which holiday are you refering to?
And do you have any plan to release a new series of decks soon?

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 04:31:56 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i personally like crown alot.. i spent so much on the 1st edition and now there are 2nd edition =.=''

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
i personally like crown alot.. i spent so much on the 1st edition and now there are 2nd edition =.=''
Me too haha... but I bought so many, to sell them

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 12:09:07 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
what do you like about this deck, it has not  connected with me.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 12:19:51 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
what do you like about this deck, it has not  connected with me.

The design is elegant. And not to much details. Perfect for magician to use.

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
The design is elegant. And not to much details. Perfect for magician to use.

And also the stock and finish is great!

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 06:52:34 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Me too haha... but I bought so many, to sell them
same here i think that i wont be able to sell them.. my friend were still asking me whether i am selling my crown decks but now the verision 2 is coming out i dun think he will buy the 1st edition.. so angry right now..hope second edition is not better than the 1st like the blades

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 07:10:32 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
same here i think that i wont be able to sell them.. my friend were still asking me whether i am selling my crown decks but now the verision 2 is coming out i dun think he will buy the 1st edition.. so angry right now..hope second edition is not better than the 1st like the blades

The 1st edition will have its value to collector.
The 2nd edition is for everyday use.
So, if your friend is a collector, he will buy from you.
But if he isn't, I think he will choose the 2nd edition.
However, if you sell them not expensive, your 1st edition can be sold.

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
The 1st edition will have its value to collector.
The 2nd edition is for everyday use.
So, if your friend is a collector, he will buy from you.
But if he isn't, I think he will choose the 2nd edition.
However, if you sell them not expensive, your 1st edition can be sold.
although i am a collecter i will still buy the second edition.. just like the blades the second edition is better and there is no difference between 1st run and 2nd run

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 10:08:10 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
im really excited to hear this news! i love the crown decks, they handle well and last a long time, they also are a simple classy card. to hear that i will have a chance to now have all the colors is great.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
although i am a collecter i will still buy the second edition.. just like the blades the second edition is better and there is no difference between 1st run and 2nd run

For this crown series, I believe there will be some distinguish between the 2 editions.

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 10:15:14 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
For this crown series, I believe there will be some distinguish between the 2 editions.
Most likely but i would also buy the second edition instead of the first