Clipped Wings

Author (Read 24872 times)

Re: Clipped Wings
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Emmanuel - that's really sharp-looking!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2014, 11:07:52 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Thank you!

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »

Jamm Pakd Cards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Recently, I cut out my logo, and I think I'm going to offer custom 3D paper artwork as a higher-end pledge. I'll take the initial of the backer, cut it out, and have it framed and shipped.

That looks great!  Cant wait til you launch your Kickstarter!  You will do great!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Coming Soon to Kickstarter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl
Kickstarter: Wild West Coming Soon 2016

« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Here are some photos of the hardcover Clipped Wings Collector's Art Book that will be a part of the campaign. I just have to do some minor editing, but I'm really happy with how they've turned out. The campaign video will be filmed this coming weekend.

« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
That's an excellent addition! Can't wait  :D

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2014, 07:15:07 PM »

Jamm Pakd Cards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I really like that!  Looks great! The size looks great as well.  Good size pages to really be able to look at the art details.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:52 PM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I am excited for this launch. So much talent. And great sounding rewards so far.

Singed decks and uncuts for early birds? I am going to do everything I can to be at this lauch with my finger on the trigger!
Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:31 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Thank you all! I considered offering a softcover book (seem in the third photo), but the size of the photos in it were too small for my tastes.

However, after getting feedback from a few members at UnitedCardists, I decided to also offer a hardcover Curator deck collector's art book as well (same dimensions and layout as the Clipped Wings book).

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2014, 11:34:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Thank you all! I considered offering a softcover book (seem in the third photo), but the size of the photos in it were too small for my tastes.

However, after getting feedback from a few members at UnitedCardists, I decided to also offer a hardcover Curator deck collector's art book as well (same dimensions and layout as the Clipped Wings book).

As long as you also make a compilation art book when all your paper-cutting art decks are completed!  :))

Seriously, it's a great idea - it would serve as a companion not only to the deck but to the showings you have for it in galleries.  In your shoes, I'd consider making a book for each deck before it becomes a deck, in order to sell them at those showings I mentioned.

Speaking of which - do you keep the originals, or do you sell them?

« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2014, 11:04:52 AM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

As long as you also make a compilation art book when all your paper-cutting art decks are completed!  :))

Seriously, it's a great idea - it would serve as a companion not only to the deck but to the showings you have for it in galleries.  In your shoes, I'd consider making a book for each deck before it becomes a deck, in order to sell them at those showings I mentioned.

Speaking of which - do you keep the originals, or do you sell them?

Having the books for art shows is a fantastic idea, Don! I should have done that in the past.

I've kept all the originals so far.

« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2014, 11:45:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Having the books for art shows is a fantastic idea, Don! I should have done that in the past.

I've kept all the originals so far.

There's nothing stopping you (aside from cost!) from having the books ready for future showings.

Hang on to those originals - but consider making some prints available.  Either pick a handful of the most popular, or make them on demand based on the buyer's choice of card.  Those would also make a great art show "souvenir" in addition to something for the deck's KS campaign.  1:1 scale prints would be terrifically cool, I think.

« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
1:1 Art prints will definitely be part of the campaign, and I'll give backers their choice of card.

« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
1:1 Art prints will definitely be part of the campaign, and I'll give backers their choice of card.

No reason on Earth they couldn't be part of any showings you have for the originals, right?  Just thinking it would be a good way to make cash.

« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2014, 11:47:21 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

No reason on Earth they couldn't be part of any showings you have for the originals, right?  Just thinking it would be a good way to make cash.

They certainly can, it's just that most of the places I've shown at in the past were cafes or restaurants. It wasn't possible to leave a supply of prints without risking some kind of damage from the environment. However, it would be appropriate to have an art show or opening for the Delicious deck in a restaurant..

« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

They certainly can, it's just that most of the places I've shown at in the past were cafes or restaurants. It wasn't possible to leave a supply of prints without risking some kind of damage from the environment. However, it would be appropriate to have an art show or opening for the Delicious deck in a restaurant..

Actually, it's easier than you think.  Instead of pre-printing, set them up as print-on-demand.  Attach a QR code to each piece that, when scanned with a smartphone, takes the art lover to the ordering page for that particular print.  Using small submission cards to record orders also works, though not as efficiently.  So does handing out cards with the URL for the ordering site.  But the best response is with QR codes - quick, easy, instant gratification, and the vast majority of cellphones in use today are smartphones, or at least equipped with a camera of adequate resolution.

« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2014, 06:48:23 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Actually, it's easier than you think.  Instead of pre-printing, set them up as print-on-demand.  Attach a QR code to each piece that, when scanned with a smartphone, takes the art lover to the ordering page for that particular print.  Using small submission cards to record orders also works, though not as efficiently.  So does handing out cards with the URL for the ordering site.  But the best response is with QR codes - quick, easy, instant gratification, and the vast majority of cellphones in use today are smartphones, or at least equipped with a camera of adequate resolution.
That is a really good idea Don, I think I'm going to have to pick up a print this time around......now to find more wall space, lol

« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Now that Jackson's Army deck was pushed back and his Independence has launched, are we seeing this soon?

« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2014, 08:34:02 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
If Kickstarter approves the campaign page quickly, yes  :D

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Great! I can't wait.  :D

« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »

popetown

Subbed here as well!

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2014, 01:41:33 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Hi Everyone,

The Clipped Wings Kickstarter page will go live this Thursday, March 20th, at 12:57 pm EDT!

March 20 is the first day of Spring, and 12:57 pm EDT is the moment the Vernal Equinox occurs.

The campaign will have 2 early bird rewards:
1. A signed deck
2. A signed deck + a signed uncut sheet

To Don: should I create a new thread in the Playing Card plethora page, or will this thread be moved there?

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hi Everyone,

The Clipped Wings Kickstarter page will go live this Thursday, March 20th, at 12:57 pm EDT!

March 20 is the first day of Spring, and 12:57 pm EDT is the moment the Vernal Equinox occurs.

1. A signed deck

To Don: should I create a new thread in the Playing Card plethora page, or will this thread be moved there?

Great news Emmanuel!! Can't wait  :D

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »

Jamm Pakd Cards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Hi Everyone,

1. A signed deck

Nice, Count me in!  You will do great on the campaign.  Nice work!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Hi Everyone,

1. A signed deck

Have an alarm set for these!! How many Early bird slots for the signed deck will there be?

Thanks!
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2014, 08:08:26 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Hi Everyone,

1. A signed deck

Have an alarm set for these!! How many Early bird slots for the signed deck will there be?

Thanks!

There are 200 slots for each early bird tier.