Expose at it again
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:03:27 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldkH4iXZSMs&

In the above video "review" for the T11 Monarchs, within the first two minutes Zach calls the Infinity deck "a floral pattern with a whole bunch of Photoshop filters."

I'm not sure what aspect of the Infinity deck is floral (seems more industrial if anything) and I am also not sure which aspect is "Photoshop filters" seeing as how nothing there is a straight filter. I wouldn't expect anything less, however, from someone who knows nothing about design and claims that the "total lack of depth" in this Theory11 deck is a good thing, and is akin to Tally-Ho and Bicycle decks. Apparently someone needs a crash course in how depth works, because although Bicycle and Tally-Ho are only two-color back designs, their designs create depth through the way they are drawn. The Monarchs? In terms of time required to create that back design, I would argue no more than five or six hours. However, in art, that number is insignificant. Instead, they fail because they are hyped as the pinnacle of design. This is so ridiculously false - the design (at best) is decent and appealing. Like a Mcdonald's Big Mac, they're great, but I would hardly call it gourmet. To be fair, the execution on the tuck box is marvelous, and we all know that the tuck box is what makes a deck of cards great.  ::)

The hilarious part is when he jumps into the "I know nothing about cards" bandwagon and claims they handle "nothing like any deck he has had before." They do not. They handle exactly the same as the Infinity deck, actually. The minor tweaks that T11 MAY have done are nowhere near enough to say that.

At least in the end of the video he apologizes to ... wait no he doesn't, he just claims the people they bash are like "family" to them and that everyone should be able to poke fun at themselves.

That's great and all, but you don't poke fun of someone else to your customers. It's unprofessional to say the least, and for the 99% of viewers that don't get intimate with Zach and have no way of knowing it's "in good fun" the end result is perceiving what they make fun of differently.

Then again, you can't expect nine year olds to make good judgement calls.  :-X
Forum Founder.

Re: Expose at it again
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:56:20 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I can`t believe that theory11 would let that represent their company that show is stupid and half the people watching (judging by the comments) just want the chick to get naked. I think it is just ridiculous. And saying that it is nice with no depth, WTF. I agree with you on the bikes and tally-hos having depth they are so dumb. and the Infinity is a very nice deck with absolutely no floral pattern at all and no photoshop filters. I think theory11 should reconsider letting these people represent their company. and you would think if they have acctually been working on the monarchs since febuary they would have acctuallymade them nice. The infinitiys have so much depth and elegance a unique joker and a very origional ace of spades and then there is the monarchs with no depth no elegance, pretty much standard faces and a mediocre joker all topped off by ugly jokers and silver foil on blue ink.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:03:04 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

PoundFFFFFF

• Elite Member
  It's like how every Mac vs. PC commercial backfires on itself. lol.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:29:19 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
  It's like how every Mac vs. PC commercial backfires on itself. lol.

Do elaborate.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i think he means the fact everyone watches it just for the girls.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
i think he means the fact everyone watches it just for the girls.

You're thinking of thee T-Mobile commercials.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:04 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well i know i saw one with mac that involved girls.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »

PoundFFFFFF

• Elite Member
First the very act of making a commercial to attack the opposing company is distasteful, also the arguments are outdated and in some of them, incorrect. It seems to be the case when I browse those ads on Youtube and reads the comments, anyway. I'm a PC myself.  :-X

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
what was up with them not releasing and episode today?

have you heard the word???

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
First the very act of making a commercial to attack the opposing company is distasteful, also the arguments are outdated and in some of them, incorrect. It seems to be the case when I browse those ads on Youtube and reads the comments, anyway. I'm a PC myself.  :-X

Actually, when competing against a market behemoth, it's a common advertising practice to make your product stand out above the competition.  And I've seen some borderline claims but never anything that was outright false.  As far as outdated, well - all the ads are outdated now since to my knowledge the "Mac vs. PC" campaign is over.

I've used both and still do, and I've spent more time being productive with a Mac and more time trying to figure out what went wrong with a PC.  I've had major problems with PCs, including severe crashes requiring the reinstallation of the OS or hardware having to be returned because it was mysteriously incompatible.  Over six years later, and of all the Macs I've owned, I've had exactly two real crashes of any kind - and the OS repaired the crash itself without any intervention on my part.  I know Macs aren't bulletproof and do have failures, but PCs are about as bulletproof as fine porcelain by comparison.

But I'm diverging here - if you want to discuss this more, start a new thread and I'll follow you there.

what was up with them not releasing and episode today?

Hey, Gunshy - the Mac you pictured in the joke photo doesn't cost two grand unless you seriously max out the specs on it.  The base model's only $1199.  More than a cheap PC notebook, but you get what you pay for.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/