You are Here:
Bicycle Gentleman Playing Cards Deck (KS)

Author (Read 4228 times)

Bicycle Gentleman Playing Cards Deck (KS)
« on: October 21, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Bicycle Gentleman Playing Cards Deck
By Playing Cards Dot Net

Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Bicycle Gentleman Playing Cards Deck (KS)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I really like the little details on this deck, the pips connected to one another, the line falling from the indices, the simple but attractive courts and the design printed on the inside of the tuck. I almost wish they had used that design as the card back. Overall I really like this deck
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 05:46:22 PM »

Jay Losa

• Forum Regular

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 07:14:06 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Blackout Brother doesn't disappoint with these. Of course, I'll be crossing my fingers yet again that USPCC doesn't fall asleep at the wheel and actually does a good job printing. I like both color choices but I find I'm drawn to the red on white a bit more. I may find myself adding on a couple more of them than the black, but it is a Gamblers campaign which means there's going to be some limited versions so I'm going to have to wait and see what comes before making any hard decisions.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 11:24:44 PM »

Mark

• 52 Plus Joker Member
If I'm reading it right, they are being printed by EPCC.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 11:25:32 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
If I'm reading it right, they are being printed by EPCC.

You're not reading it right. Look at the tucks.  ;)

Edit: Hahaha, you were reading a portion right! I love it!

Our team at Gambler’s has years of experience in order fulfillment, e-commerce and customer service. We also have a strong relationship with the Expert Playing Card Company and have spent countless hours backing, reviewing and supporting other playing cards and Kickstarter projects. We promise to stay transparent and keep our backers aware of production details. You may follow us on our social media accounts to stay further updated.

Second Edit: I should clarify what I mean by I love it. The Gamblers crew run really well organized and put together campaigns. They're professionals about it really and even they can let a little thing slide by and show the humanity. Good stuff, I enjoy that there are no robots in the playing card community.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:35:32 PM by Fes »

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 07:33:16 PM »

Mark

• 52 Plus Joker Member
You must have eagle eyes, I can't see a tuck with printed by. So the page now says this. Though Im not sure this confirms or denies anything. Round up the forensic scientists.

"Our team at Gambler’s has years of experience in order fulfillment, e-commerce and customer service. We also have a strong relationship with the US Playing Card Company...

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 08:36:59 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
You must have eagle eyes, I can't see a tuck with printed by. So the page now says this. Though Im not sure this confirms or denies anything. Round up the forensic scientists.

"Our team at Gambler’s has years of experience in order fulfillment, e-commerce and customer service. We also have a strong relationship with the US Playing Card Company...

The tucks say Bicycle. United Stated Playing Card Company is the only company in the world that you'll ever see producing Bicycle branded decks. If anyone else even thinks about it all kinds of lawyers, some wielding Machete's I hear, come out of the wood work and do what Machete wielding lawyers do. Not something I want to think about for too long... The horror.

Yep, Gamblers fixed the error on the campaign page this morning to reflect the printer of the decks. It was just a slip of the page layout since Gamblers prints with both Expert Playing Cards Company and United States Playing Card Company pretty frequently.

Just a couple hours ago they posted in an update some gorgeous renders of their Gilded Deck Stretch Goal. Here's the images. The red one is super sexy in my opinion. I really do like them both and will make a play to get whatever the limit is on each decks cause, Damn! Hahaha. :))

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Mark, it's an automatic - Bicycle-branded, USPC-manufactured.  Never the twain shall part, at least not until Jarden tears the company apart and sells the assets piecemeal to whoever pays the most for them!  :))  To say anyone else made them is equivalent to finding a classic '77 Ford Corvette for sale, or finding a classic, pre-OS X Macintosh running any version of the Windows OS factory-installed.  It's clear GW goofed the text, especially in light of how they have standing business relationships with both USPC and EPCC.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:56:52 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »

Mark

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Thanks guys, I realized how blind I was. I'm in software so I'm usually looking for the tiny nasty bug rather than the thing that is staring me in the face.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 10:23:58 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks guys, I realized how blind I was. I'm in software so I'm usually looking for the tiny nasty bug rather than the thing that is staring me in the face.

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt...  Don't sweat it!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 11:14:39 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I hope I get my hands on the red gilded one.  Love it!

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Gilded Sets Now Available! Nicely priced in my opinion.
Edit: only 250 sets available. Price is for a set which is two decks one of each.

The pricing will be as follows: $48 US / $52 CAN / $54 Rest of World.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:10:24 PM by Fes »

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Edit: only 250 sets available. Price is for a set which is two decks one of each.

Has anyone open their gilded regal deck? I am very interested to know how do they look compared to traditional gold gilded colour.
I am having hard time deciding if I should back for the gilded set here... I am not sure if I will like how it turns out.
Back for more

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Has anyone open their gilded regal deck? I am very interested to know how do they look compared to traditional gold gilded colour.
I am having hard time deciding if I should back for the gilded set here... I am not sure if I will like how it turns out.

Unfortunately I didn't get in on a set of gilded Regals or I'd be happy to let you know. It's one of the few I haven't been able to snag. I'm curious as well but there was no way it was going to hold me back from popping in for a set of gilded Gentlemen this go round. The price is very nice for a gilded set, I think.

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »

Eddie Hughlett

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I was able to get one each of all four Regal gilded decks. They were without cellophane or tuck seals when I bought them directly from GW retail store so I couldn't resist opening. They are stunning to look at and have received mixed responses from WOW that’s cool to Damn those are gaudy. I was concerned if they would hold up to use and although I haven't shuffled them much I do find them comparable to any other gilded deck I’ve shuffled. I am happy to have them in my collection. I also have the four markers; one for each deck color.
"...almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."

- S.W. Erdnase