Author (Read 890 times)

SHERBERT DECK - New deck design
« on: January 22, 2015, 01:39:46 PM »

Squiddle Ink

• True Member
  • Living well is the best revenge!

• Kickstarter:
Hi everyone.
Here are the plans for my next deck for 2015. I created the fishing for compliments deck last year which is now in production.

PLEASE NOTE: I am currently working on some varied court cards so they will not all be repeated I just wanted to share progress thus far.... I will have some one eyed jacks a suicide king and also different weapons in the final design....
Any comments are welcome for my new deck. SHERBERT
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:40:49 PM by Pixel Initiative »
Instagram @squiddleink

Re: SHERBERT DECK - New deck design
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:32:45 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I like the courts have a muppet feel. Reminds me I need a few more fraggle rock decks, thanks for that haha.

The AoS feels disconnected from the rest of the deck to me, maybe it ties in with something we haven't seen yet. I'm not feeling the custom pips at the moment, they tie in well with the back but I'm just not feeling them myself. I like the solid pips on the courts much more. Deck name is fun as well. Good things Stacey, good things very creative.

Is the deck about the tribal dancing man, or is it about the courts, or something I'm not seeing? Feels like it's going in various directions.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »

Squiddle Ink

• True Member
  • Living well is the best revenge!

• Kickstarter:
The subtitle Digital Petroglyphs -

petroglyphs are rock carvings, I used Polynesian rock carvings as the theme but with the modern sherbert twist. The court faces can be likened to the Easter Island sculptures. The joker is also a take on piece of Polynesian/oceanic art.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:15:11 PM by Pixel Initiative »
Instagram @squiddleink

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:03:46 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
IMHO:

- the back of tuck case is about nothing. Bad choice. Try your back design for the back of tuck case and invent something new for its front part - try a bigger mask from your back design + add some new additional small design elements surrounding it;
- What is the name of this deck? Sherbet Deck? Sherbet Playing Cards? Digital Petroglyphs Playing Cards? Sherbet Digital Petroglyphs Playing Cards? Digital Petroglyphs by Pixel Iniative Playing Cards? Sherbet Digital Petroglyphs by Pixel Iniative Playing Cards? Any tuck case have enough sides for different inscriptions :) Tuck cases are your weak spot.
- I don't see any consistency between the Ace of Spades, small pips and court cards (Jokers).

Courts are crazy, but nice. I hope all faces will be different (I am not about colours). Good luck. Can be a nice deck.

Is this thread for the "Design and Development" section?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:07:38 PM by Collector »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 02:39:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It's in the Design/Dev board now.  And it's Sherbert, not Sherbet!  One is the name of a deck, the other is the name of a frozen dessert!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
...And it's Sherbert, not Sherbet!  One is the name of a deck, the other is the name of a frozen dessert!

You are right :) But I'll leave it as it is - a funny mistake suitable for this positive deck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net