You are Here:
NEW HERE

Author (Read 622 times)

NEW HERE
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:35:48 PM »

piratebear81

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Hello everyone,

I have been collecting for a little over a year now.  I use to collect just Bicycles until I realized that there are a lot of really neat cards out there. So now my collection is rather broad.  I don't have a theme of collecting, I just collect what I like.  I don't have any really old cards yet.  Although, I want to learn more about them. 
I just signed up for a 1 year membership last week and having a hard time with the website. For some reason it wont allow me to register my info.   Anyways I'm here mostly to learn and meet new friends through collecting.

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Re: NEW HERE
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:42:16 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Hello everyone,

I have been collecting for a little over a year now.  I use to collect just Bicycles until I realized that there are a lot of really neat cards out there. So now my collection is rather broad.  I don't have a theme of collecting, I just collect what I like.  I don't have any really old cards yet.  Although, I want to learn more about them. 
I just signed up for a 1 year membership last week and having a hard time with the website. For some reason it wont allow me to register my info.   Anyways I'm here mostly to learn and meet new friends through collecting.

Hope to chat with you all soon!
Welcome PirateB. Home you enjoy it here and we'll look at the registration issue. Make sure you check out the Cellar of Fine Vintages for some news and info on old cards.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:31:55 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome Pirate Bear,
There is a lot of good info about cards-old & new here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Plenty of good members ready to answer.
2 questions
What is your favorite deck you own?
What is your White Wale(Deck you most want)?
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 12:05:34 AM »

piratebear81

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Both are hard questions.

I don't think I know enough yet to name a holy grail deck that I have to have. But I one deck that I cant explain why I don't have yet is Encarded Zenith.  I would love to add that to my collection. Also another Whispering Imps first edition set would be nice to own.  I missed out on the private reserve sale.

A deck that I use while at work a lot is called Medallions.  I bought last year from Theory 11.  I just like the way the court cards look. 

A favorite deck that I have in my collection that really makes me smile would have to be my Independence deck from Jackson.  The way it is packaged and the autograph and unique number I got.  Definitely a conversation piece.  I love the Sherlock Holmes series too.

I am a fairly new collector so most of my decks are modern.  I use to only collect Bicycle brand cards but I am really into the unbranded cards lately.    I want to learn more about vintage cards because I just have interest in them. 

There are just too many that I still want.  lol

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 02:21:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Both are hard questions.

I don't think I know enough yet to name a holy grail deck that I have to have. But I one deck that I cant explain why I don't have yet is Encarded Zenith.  I would love to add that to my collection. Also another Whispering Imps first edition set would be nice to own.  I missed out on the private reserve sale.

A deck that I use while at work a lot is called Medallions.  I bought last year from Theory 11.  I just like the way the court cards look. 

A favorite deck that I have in my collection that really makes me smile would have to be my Independence deck from Jackson.  The way it is packaged and the autograph and unique number I got.  Definitely a conversation piece.  I love the Sherlock Holmes series too.

I am a fairly new collector so most of my decks are modern.  I use to only collect Bicycle brand cards but I am really into the unbranded cards lately.    I want to learn more about vintage cards because I just have interest in them. 

There are just too many that I still want.  lol

Welcome to the forum!  Make yourself at home.

I can understand why the Encarded Zenith deck is difficult to obtain.  The print run was only 1,000 decks (exceptionally small compared to most decks) and the MSRP on them was $25.  They sold out VERY fast.  First Edition Whispering Imps were also exceptionally popular, in no small part due to the popularity of the designer, Mark Stutzman - he worked on all of David Blaine's decks to date.

Never be afraid to ask a question.  We were all the new kid at one time or another so we understand where you're coming from and we don't give newbies a hard time.  If anything, it's the opposite - many people are eager and willing to help you learn more about the hobby.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/