You are Here:
Bicycle Ultimate Universe from Gambler's Warehouse (KS)

Author (Read 6604 times)

Bicycle Ultimate Universe from Gambler's Warehouse (KS)
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »

GamblersWarehouse

• www.gamblerswarehouse.com
Hello Everyone!

We just wanted to let you know of our upcoming deck release, Ultimate Universe-- You can expect to see these hit Kickstarter mid-November.

Gambler’s Warehouse is proud to present Ultimate Universe playing cards. A conceptual expansion on the four symbols of Oriental mythology, Ultimate Universe takes star-born legends to new heights. Elements of 2D pixel art infused with striking color schemes make for a visual experience that is both complex and fun. Mythology and technology coalesce beautifully in Ultimate Universe.

Preview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTl9HON3BM
Kardify.com First Look article: http://www.kardify.com/2014/11/first-look-ultimate-universe-playing.html

ADMIN NOTE: now live!
http://kck.st/1H1N1TY
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:49:04 PM by Don Boyer »
Playing Cards Assortment with Best Quality and Service from  http://www.playingcards.net

Re: COMING SOON!! Ultimate Universe from Gambler's Warehouse
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Now this looks like it could be pretty cool!  It's got that whole "8-bit" vibe to it without clubbing you over the head with it.  Bright colors, too - this will really stand out.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:02:17 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: COMING SOON!! Bicycle Ultimate Universe from Gambler's Warehouse
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:55:07 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
I love a deck with color (so rare as they are) and this does not fail to impress me. The "2D pixel art infused" is really modern and have I mentioned this deck has color? Yay!
I am not sure the first image does it justice, so I have added another.

"In less than 10 days, Gambler’s Warehouse will release their latest project on Kickstarter- the Ultimate Universe playing cards " -From Kardify.
http://www.kardify.com/2014/11/first-look-ultimate-universe-playing.html

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Really original idea. Interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 04:05:51 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
These are sweet. When I saw the topic title "Ultimate Universe" I was expecting  something waaaay different.  Like some "new" super heroes. Superguy, The X dudes, Doctor Squid arms. All mashed together like a  funny page section right before it helps catch the logs you in a fireplace.

And right below. 

transcribed screams of confusion and pain as if someone had forgotten to lock  the door on th
 Arc-Covenant and a Parched Done  mistaking it for a cooler had just slid it open in hopes of a cold beverage.
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 05:41:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
These are sweet. When I saw the topic title "Ultimate Universe" I was expecting  something waaaay different.  Like some "new" super heroes. Superguy, The X dudes, Doctor Squid arms. All mashed together like a  funny page section right before it helps catch the logs you in a fireplace.

And right below. 

transcribed screams of confusion and pain as if someone had forgotten to lock  the door on th
 Arc-Covenant and a Parched Done  mistaking it for a cooler had just slid it open in hopes of a cold beverage.

Say wha?

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 08:07:52 AM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Can't say I'm impressed with this deck: Or maybe the problem is that there are so many decks being released, that it's more difficult for me to be amazed.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 11:08:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Can't say I'm impressed with this deck: Or maybe the problem is that there are so many decks being released, that it's more difficult for me to be amazed.

If you ask me, it looks like a better version of the Robocycle deck!

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 08:34:04 PM »

ATS

And right below. 

Somehow I understand your type of crazy in regard to the imagery created by the name :-p.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 03:00:47 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Ultimate Universe sounds like a comic book deck to me. The creators usually  hate paying royalties so they get super creative. Unfortunately, as proven by their decision to create a comic book deck they infact are not very creative.

So. [(Ultimate Universe + comic book deck + bad deck) = Don screaming] x  Indiana jones face melting due to opened arc
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:01:23 AM by DarkDerp »

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 05:51:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Ultimate Universe sounds like a comic book deck to me. The creators usually  hate paying royalties so they get super creative. Unfortunately, as proven by their decision to create a comic book deck they infact are not very creative.

So. [(Ultimate Universe + comic book deck + bad deck) = Don screaming] x  Indiana jones face melting due to opened arc

You do know I like this deck, right?

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 10:03:41 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Me too! I was saying based on the title of topic , I was expecting..

Seemed  like a super witty  post at the time. That moment was fleeting.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 10:54:06 AM »

GamblersWarehouse

Update! We are set to launch Saturday November 15th @ 12PM Central!

Don't miss out on the early bird backer deals!

Playing Cards Assortment with Best Quality and Service from  http://www.playingcards.net

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Update! We are set to launch Saturday November 15th @ 12PM Central!

Don't miss out on the early bird backer deals!

New EB's?;D Save a chunky one for your dear friend Fes. ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »

ATS

:D am keen on following this KS

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
2 uncuts + 2 decks on the EB is 50 clams on here. Best Deal Ever!

Course, I'll add on a brick or two later unless Alysha is kind enough to throw up a Fes pledge with two bricks and two uncuts. ;D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »

GamblersWarehouse

Haha thank you Fes ;)

Here is the link for everyone!
http://kck.st/1H1N1TY
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:45:26 PM by GamblersWarehouse »

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I still don't understand why there is a surcharge on mixed bricks. It costs $4 more to take 6 decks from "Pile A" & "Pile B" as opposed to taking 12 decks from "Pile A" or "Pile B". Really? I have no complaints about the price of the deck, and like what Fes said, some of the deals here are probably the best ever. Just the surcharge.... ???

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 11:23:20 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I still don't understand why there is a surcharge on mixed bricks. It costs $4 more to take 6 decks from "Pile A" & "Pile B" as opposed to taking 12 decks from "Pile A" or "Pile B". Really? I have no complaints about the price of the deck, and like what Fes said, some of the deals here are probably the best ever. Just the surcharge.... ???

I may be wrong, but I think the cards come in sealed bricks from USPCC
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 11:24:28 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Was to excited earlier, I guess I forgot to post the goods. It's LIVE! :D

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 12:15:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I may be wrong, but I think the cards come in sealed bricks from USPCC

It would seem that they're charging two people four dollars each for an employee to open four bricks and make them all contain six of each type.  It's about a half-minute's work, a minute if you take your time.

I've never seen any other company do that.  Still, it is cheaper than any of the lower tiers on a per-deck basis.

I'm also not liking the fact that KS now allows people to break out the shipping costs from the prices listed in the tiers.  In essence, while there was once an advantage over retail prices in that the KS price included shipping for domestic orders, that advantage has been ceded and the pricing is absolutely no different to retail with shipping costs charged separately.  It reminds me of how I felt when I saw a major pizza chain offer all kinds of discounts for ordering online - then charged a $2.50 delivery free while all the mom-and-pop pizza joints deliver for free.  OK, it's a terrible analogy, but I'm talking about a feeling more than an event - seeing that there was a catch behind the pricing, a change from the expected norm, and how that left me feeling.

But that's not the fault of GW in this case.  It's KS as a whole, and as much as I miss that edge feeling, it does allow one to carefully compare real pricing for both the product and the shipping.  I'd feel better about it if creators listed that bump for shipping in the tier itself, but that would make them appear less attractive.

I plan on backing for a four-deck set, two of each.  I like the design and the price isn't bad - it breaks down to $9 a pack with shipping, a veritable bargain compared to some projects.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 12:51:24 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I've received a couple mixed bricks from gamblers kickstarters. The ones I received were not packed in a brick box. They were bubble wrapped six decks in two boxes. Things may change, I'll let you know when I receive the next sets of mixed bricks I've pledged for, but like I said on the comments of the kickstarter itself they're packed by someone with care and it takes time to do this. Unlike others I've received who just toss in six decks of each and throw in some packing peanuts, just sayin haha. Packing a non mixed brick is much easier. But yea, I agree the 4 bucks is a bit much for that simple service which should in my mind also be free, given that I'm pounding out for shipping anyway.

I really like these decks as you may have noticed from my comments above. This is an exciting campaign to me too. I wonder what the chibi's will run. I've found I really enjoy having a few mini decks when I travel. Great to let my mind relax playing solitaire or blackjack or once a little fun stuff poker on a long flight. I'm one of those people that absolutely hates flying, ugh, anything to keep my mind off that terrible experience is a boon. :)

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 08:34:16 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
While I thought I would only need the colorful deck I think the greyscale deck reflects the tuck box and includes pops of red really well, I think I would like both decks now...

I had no idea what the shipping discussion was about, as international means always added shipping. I think many US backers prefer to have all the price incorporated into the reward.
  It reminds me of how I felt when I saw a major pizza chain offer all kinds of discounts for ordering online - then charged a $2.50 delivery free while all the mom-and-pop pizza joints deliver for free.  OK, it's a terrible analogy, but I'm talking about a feeling more than an event - seeing that there was a catch behind the pricing, a change from the expected norm, and how that left me feeling.
I understand that analogy...you see $4.95 Large pizza. Then you read the fine print, only available on Tuesday, before 5pm, within 2km radius of our store, only when the moon is full, only when the birds fly south, and other such conditions. Then you realize the pizza can never cost $4.95 EVER.
Sorry I went off on a tangent. The decks are awesome.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:43:45 AM by Rose »

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 07:52:49 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It reminds me of how I felt when I saw a major pizza chain offer all kinds of discounts for ordering online - then charged a $2.50 delivery free while all the mom-and-pop pizza joints deliver for free.  OK, it's a terrible analogy, but I'm talking about a feeling more than an event - seeing that there was a catch behind the pricing, a change from the expected norm, and how that left me feeling.
I understand that analogy...you see $4.95 Large pizza. Then you read the fine print, only available on Tuesday, before 5pm, within 2km radius of our store, only when the moon is full, only when the birds fly south, and other such conditions. Then you realize the pizza can never cost $4.95 EVER.
Sorry I went off on a tangent. The decks are awesome.

It's like you stated earlier - Americans on KS are used to having the cost of shipping incorporated into the reward tier.  While it's a nuisance to get used to the new way, it's also better for the long run as you're really learning about what it costs.

My only concern would be unscrupulous creators selling their "pizza" cheap and charging a fortune for shipping to make up for it.  But that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Re: Bicycle Ultimate Universe from Gambler's Warehouse (KS)
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 01:20:06 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
It's Funded! Here are the jokers. Pretty different from what the rest of the deck looks like, fits in with the inspiration of the deck very well though.