You are Here:
Victoria Playing Cards

Author (Read 614 times)

Victoria Playing Cards
« on: November 03, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
Hey guys, after almost two years in development I am happy to say that Victoria playing cards is finally ready to go. Here are some previews of the deck, I would love to get some feedbacks

Re: Victoria Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:19:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey guys, after almost two years in development I am happy to say that Victoria playing cards is finally ready to go. Here are some previews of the deck, I would love to get some feedbacks

You showed me court art before that looked better than this.

LOSE the ancient, faux-aged look.  Make it look more like old paper stock, but like something the Victorians might have actually used in their era.  They wouldn't be using a dirty pack of cards left to the elements - think linen, cream-colored, antique laid paper, etc.  It would look so much better.

Make the letters and numerals in the indices LARGER, and perhaps a bit more bold as well.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I like the card back. Not at all a fan of the court I see, it's messy looking and the background with the aging thing going on is not working at all. I'm not a fan of false aging though, so it may just be me. I think the indices should be pushed out a bit a front fan of these as is would be pretty pointless. As Don suggested, enlarging them would be good too.

Nice start though for sure.  :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
I LOVE the AoS, and then I scrolled down to see the king, is that a werewolf face? I don't mean to be rude but there is something seriously wrong with the portrait and that scares me to wonder what the rests of the courts look like...the Ace is wicked cool though.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:15:49 AM by Rose »