« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2011, 06:11:01 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Mine will be here on Monday!  :D
I'll do a video review on my new channel  ;)

Re: Fulton's Clip Joint Playing Cards
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'll do a video review on my new channel  ;)

I look forward to that too!  ;D
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sweet! My Fulton's came just now! Unboxing coming soon. And review coming once I break them in!

« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Sweet! My Fulton's came just now! Unboxing coming soon. And review coming once I break them in!

Sweet! Get that review up ASAP, I am really looking forward to receiving mine. Damn you and your domestic shipping. :p

« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2011, 11:19:51 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Looking forward to your review btw your youtube channel is magic additz right ?

« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well I had to make a new one so heres the new channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicAddictz2
And I just wanna say, you should all go pick up the Fulton's decks. They're amazing! and the design is beautiful!

« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2011, 12:44:15 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I just ordered them yesterday with one of their t-shirts and they confirmed my shipping today. That's fast.

« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2011, 04:52:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
For anyone who didn't get them, I'll have some extra I'll sell - I bought a brick, don't usually keep that many.  Granted, they're still on the website, but I'll only charge face value plus shipping cost from the Post Office rather than from the D&D warehouse!  That's a good deal for international orders - but I will need payment either in PayPal or in trade.

This isn't a formal posting for a sale.  When I have them, I'll post them as such in the proper forum.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
For anyone who didn't get them, I'll have some extra I'll sell - I bought a brick, don't usually keep that many.  Granted, they're still on the website, but I'll only charge face value plus shipping cost from the Post Office rather than from the D&D warehouse!  That's a good deal for international orders - but I will need payment either in PayPal or in trade.

This isn't a formal posting for a sale.  When I have them, I'll post them as such in the proper forum.

looking forward to see your post

« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
My Dan and Dave Unboxing... Fulton's Clip Joint!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2KXbDRrKA

« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Weird?!!? There was a package within a package. Why'd they do that? Probably because of the Priority Shipping.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Weird?!!? There was a package within a package. Why'd they do that? Probably because of the Priority Shipping.
I thought the same thing! But who cares! Its just more protection for my cards!  ;)

« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Well I had to make a new one so heres the new channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicAddictz2
And I just wanna say, you should all go pick up the Fulton's decks. They're amazing! and the design is beautiful!
you and friend separte account ?? why did you change a account?

« Reply #238 on: December 12, 2011, 02:32:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I just checked my order and it's still being processed.  Processed?

The order was placed on Nov. 25th.  My checking account was charged Nov. 28th.  The cards were clearly advertised as shipping on Dec. 5th.  Here it is, Dec. 10th, and they're still processing it?  What is it, "American cheese food"?  Are the cards still in the oven and they're waiting for the filling to cool?

I'm writing an email to them stating my displeasure and that since the order is still being processed and hasn't shipped, I want to reduce my Fulton's purchase from 12 decks to only 3, and remove another item I ordered.

T11 and E shipped my Black Friday/Cyber Monday stuff fast, and I've had it all for several days now.

BC shipped my white Arrcos and I received them while they're still working on that weekend's order - but Alex Pandrea took the effort to contact me by email and in these forums to not only give me an apology but an extra Black Crown deck for my troubles; to me, that's a class act.

In my eyes, Dan and Dave leave a lot to be desired.  I haven't heard "boo" from them since the order was placed.  Pardon me, Mister Buck and Mister Buck, I think your hubris is showing...  And this doesn't even cover the supposed release of the Tungstene deck, which their own CS rep stated would be released this week.  Well gang, this week is nearly gone and Tungstene is still in the vaporware stage unless you bought a Variety Box v4.  I'm giving them a few more hours yet, since they are on Pacific Time while I'm on Eastern Time, but I don't see those Tungstene decks coming out on time, much like my order.

Although, as I check their site now, it's 11:21pm Friday Pacific Time and there's now an extra "page" in the slide show of featured products for the Fulton's deck, with a slightly different photo.  Could this have been placed in advance as a placeholder for the Tungstene deck?  Who knows?

Yes, I'm quoting my own post - so I can give you an update.

I placed an order yesterday for the Tungstenes and while I was at it, fired off a few emails to Syd in customer service.  I actually heard back from him Sunday - I ordered a few items in addition to the Fulton's brick, but not all of them were in stock.  (I don't know which items, but there's only two possibilities.  The Fulton's weren't sold out and the stripper decks won't be restocked, so it was either the Ace bottle opener or the two decks of Acorn Back Bees.)  Anyway, Syd was kind enough to combine my orders into a single shipment, refund the difference in shipping costs and the order is now being listed as complete, which I'm taking to mean that it's being sent out later today.  They didn't provide tracking, unfortunately, so I can't monitor the shipment.

I mentioned when replying to Syd about how some around here have some issues with D&D, in particular the international customers and the high cost of shipping to them.  It's possible that he might take my advice and have someone from D&D check in here and address those issues.  One can hope...

« Reply #239 on: December 12, 2011, 02:38:58 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
My fulton's order is still in processed, while my tungstene order is completed.
Syd told me he will combine shipping and upgrade the shipping method- no refund for me.

However, I don't really know if my orders have been shipped or not.

« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2011, 02:52:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
My fulton's order is still in processed, while my tungstene order is completed.
Syd told me he will combine shipping and upgrade the shipping method- no refund for me.

However, I don't really know if my orders have been shipped or not.

It's now 2:47am Monday on the US East Coast.  That makes it 11:47pm Sunday on the US West Coast, at D&D HQ.  Since the mail doesn't get delivered or picked up on Sundays, I'm guessing that it's packed and labeled, awaiting pick-up by a mail truck on Monday at some point.

Hey, while a refund is nice, a free bump in the shipping method isn't so bad.  As the saying goes, "it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!"

My Fulton's also says "processing" still, but the Tungstene shows up as "complete" and Syd did say he was combining the orders.  I take that to mean that they don't have an adequate way to handle combined orders in their system.  I'd say that they are indeed going to ship together and that they're ready to go out with the mail today.

« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2011, 02:57:46 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I thought the tungstene said completed because Syd put that together with the fulton's which doesn't have to mean that they are all ready to be shipped. Not sure, but I waited for a very long time.

« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2011, 03:36:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hmph.  You could be right.

« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2011, 04:47:20 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Phantom you should shoot them a mail as i ordered mine on sat and it says completed and shipped on sun.

« Reply #244 on: December 12, 2011, 05:45:59 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Phantom you should shoot them a mail as i ordered mine on sat and it says completed and shipped on sun.

I think I'm gonna wait few days. I disturbed them a lot about combining shipping.

« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yah you probably should Syd might have a small temper, i remember to got cranky over the v6's.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2011, 10:47:16 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Mine came this afternoon (Raleigh, NC). I ordered 1 deck and inside were flyers for Magic Con, the D&D profiles on Twitter and Facebook, and a ticket (?) for "Hunting Season" on the D&D site.

The ticket has a stag on it and it says "Join us every Friday at Noon (12pm PST) to find out if you've won or to simply participate in the fun." Below that is a 6-digit number. Is this new? I've never seen this in my previous D&D orders.

« Reply #247 on: December 12, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Mine came this afternoon (Raleigh, NC). I ordered 1 deck and inside were flyers for Magic Con, the D&D profiles on Twitter and Facebook, and a ticket (?) for "Hunting Season" on the D&D site.

The ticket has a stag on it and it says "Join us every Friday at Noon (12pm PST) to find out if you've won or to simply participate in the fun." Below that is a 6-digit number. Is this new? I've never seen this in my previous D&D orders.
its for the holiday contest! Best of luck!

« Reply #248 on: December 12, 2011, 11:04:40 PM »

Emmanuel

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

its for the holiday contest! Best of luck!

Sweet, thanks!

« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2011, 01:17:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I've been having a short back-n-forth with Syd at D&D Customer Service.  I sent him this:
-
---
-
I check out the forums at aethercards.com/discourse - a lot of foreign customers have been complaining loudly about how expensive your shipping is. Not just Asians, Brits and Aussies - even Canadians aren't thrilled. Perhaps someone could check in and address this?  We occasionally hear from reps from a few companies such as Ellusionist, Blue Crown and Circle City Card Co. - and even when they don't comment, they at least read up to see what our concerns are as customers.
-
---
-
He replied with this:
-
---
-
Hey Don,

I appreciate your input on the shipping prices and such. Yes, our uncut sheet shipping is a little out of whack for everyone (we are working on this), and buying 5 or 6 bricks at a time can be expensive for International customers, but our shipping prices are essentially what we get charged from the USPS, handling/material fees and insurance. We work with customers who email us directly regarding what they feel is an overcharge and not through 3rd party message boards.

Thank you again,
Syd
-
---
-
So, this means that Syd won't be stopping by around here any time soon, but if you have qualms about their shipping charges, you may be able to redress the problem by contacting him directly.

Considering the kinds of exchanges that take place on forums like this, I'd think it would be in the best interests of his company to at least see what people are saying about them.  His reply seemed more like a brush-off on the idea.  So I'm glad he refunded me a portion of my domestic shipping charges after combining my two active orders for me, but it seems a little arrogant of his company to not keep tabs on the pulse of their customers.  It seems like they don't really care about us unless we're banging on their virtual "front door", the email inbox.

If I'm misinterpreting this, anyone, please, add your two cents and say what you think.