You are Here:
Black Rock Collective v3 decks - preorder May 15th only UC! - extended to PCF...

Author (Read 2475 times)

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
I have arranged with Black Rock Collective in Great Britain to have exclusive distribution rights for the United States to their v3 deck coming out around mid-June.

Everybody knows that I started as strictly a vintage/antique deck collector, but I have changed!  This offer that was to be an exclusive for UC members only has been extended to all of our friends and users on "The Discourse" at PlayingCardForum.com as well!  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A UC MEMBER TO ORDER...

For those of you that are not familiar with BRC, their decks are a collaboration of 54 different artists on each deck, and each designs one card per deck.

Starting on Thursday, 15-May-2014, I will be taking pre-orders for their v3 decks - ONLY ON UC in our "Site Announcement" Forum!  They sell for 30# (GBP/Pounds Sterling) per deck, or 50# for two - and there is an ABSOLUTE limit of 2 decks per person, which I had to agree to in order to get this exclusive.

Full details are here: Click here to go to the Site Announcement on UnitedCardists.com

I am checking on uncut sheets still - I do NOT think they will be available, but if they are you will be able to pre-order them starting on Thursday night also.

Here's their v3 deck:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:18:23 AM by Mike Ratledge »
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Mike,

Thanks for putting this together. I love their decks!

For those interested in their older decks, V1 looks like its unavailable, but V2 is on sale here:
http://funkrush.bigcartel.com/product/blackrock-collective-card-deck-v2
Use TWIT15 as the promo code. I just order two decks for £39.98 GBP including shipping to the USA using my PayPal account.

/bama

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Mike,

Thanks for putting this together. I love their decks!

For those interested in their older decks, V1 looks like its unavailable, but V2 is on sale here:
http://funkrush.bigcartel.com/product/blackrock-collective-card-deck-v2
Use TWIT15 as the promo code. I just order two decks for £39.98 GBP including shipping to the USA using my PayPal account.

/bama
I can't find any more v1 decks, either - but I have pictures of both previous versions and the new one all in the thread over at the link above.
> Mike <

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Mike - thanks for doing this
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
It's a very different and unusual collaborative deck, so I figured once I had run it to ground I might as well make it available to those that have had them on their "White Whale" list for some time.  The v1 version is hard to find, but I found v2 for sale and have myself a couple of the v3 decks "on the way".  The Canadian users are going to squawk about the shipping, but that's really beyond my control.  In any case, I have a firm grip on the source, and I will be happy to broker the deals for anyone here in the US or Canada and get them drop-shipped to myself and then reship them "Priority Mail" to everyone that wants one (or two).  They're a bit pricey, but nothing unusual for decks of this type that are made by 54 different artists.  I have the code being worked on to accept payment on UC by Thursday night, and I should be able to get them delivered to me in about two weeks.  I hope that puts them in anybody that wants them's hands in about three - maybe slightly less.  Their v2 decks are available already online - there's a thread discussing them on UnitedCardists.com, as well as pix of all three of their decks (updated this morning, along with the specific information about ordering and costs, etc).

Tom, I updated the hotel information for the 52+J convention a couple of days ago.  The hotel was sold, name changed, etc.  I couldn't update the OP over here, but did so on my side.  I did post an update in the thread here: the old codes and everything else works, except the phone has changed (I think).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:44:30 PM by Mike Ratledge »
> Mike <

vmagic

Unfortunately my wallet can't afford those prices.

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Yep, I agree: they aren't cheap, but for 54 'pieces of art' created by the collaboration of 30 artists on plastic cards, it's not too terribly bad.  I just created the PayPal buttons for the pre-sale Thursday night, I'll likely go ahead and post it some time in the next 24 hours.  The problem gets compounded if you're in Canada because of the USPS shipping: first class without tracking costs another $5 more than US shipping WITH tracking, and if you want the equivalent ("Priority International" with tracking) it adds $14 whether you get one deck or two.  The final pricing including shipping costs inbound from Britain and Priority to US is $56 for one, $105 for two, and to Canada it's $61 for 1 and $110 for 2 decks, and you have to add $9 US more for tracking and "Priority" mail so it gets there in "6-10 business days" which is basically allowing up to two weeks for Canada?  Damn, I'm glad I don't set the prices for International shipping.  That's awful and now I understand why people are touchy about shipping for any non-domestic orders, so it's $70 for one deck and $119 for two decks...  The sale isn't really much of a presale: I expect to have them next week late and ship them all out the next day (two days if I get a LOT of orders, but I don't think so at those prices).  For US people they should have them before they go on sale on their website in mid-June, for Canada it will be either in about 2-3 weeks or whenever "First Class" without tracking gets there - they won't even quote a delivery date for that.  That's why I keep insisting everybody use Priority shipping in the US now, because in my opinion 'First Class' has become 'Last Class' these days.
> Mike <

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Victor, I understand your position, but we established long ago on this forum that "Gee, I wish I could afford that" posts are equivalent to spam.  Please refrain from them in the future.

That's why I keep insisting everybody use Priority shipping in the US now, because in my opinion 'First Class' has become 'Last Class' these days.

At the consumer level, you're pretty much correct there.  But there are cheaper and less desirable ways to ship something.  Things like "media mail" and "standard post" come to mind.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:14:32 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Oh, I agree. Basically looking for ways that are traceable. First class to Canada is not - you can't add it on, either.
> Mike <

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Tom, I updated the hotel information for the 52+J convention a couple of days ago.  The hotel was sold, name changed, etc.  I couldn't update the OP over here, but did so on my side.  I did post an update in the thread here: the old codes and everything else works, except the phone has changed (I think).
Thanks Mike - I got it the day I left for the Field showing in NYC. I'll check posts against my info which will be in CTD and also on Club website.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I had an eBay seller cheap out on me last year and sent something Media Mail from 2 states away. It took 3 weeks to arrive, and saved him 50 cents over what Priority Mail would have cost, and it would have made it in 1-2 days.

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I once ordered a calendar from eBay at the beginning of January.  Seller sent it media mail.  I received it late February.  Will never use media mail again.

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The Black Rock Collective v3 decks are now available for pre-order here
http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5046
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:46:36 PM by badpete69 »
> Mike <

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Mike  Your link posted would not worked so I updated it .  Looks like it works now.  Good luck

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Mike  Your link posted would not worked so I updated it .  Looks like it works now.  Good luck
Thanks, buddy! I should have tried it. It's in the global announcements so it would be easy to find, but appreciate it! I have sold 15 and it's nice to supposed to be live until a few minutes from now yet...
> Mike <