« on: May 06, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

Re: Hawaiian Playing Cards (KS)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »

Afrank8

• True Member
It's quite an interesting tuck at least, I'm not so keen on the writing on all the cards though, take that out and you might have something decent.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 02:05:42 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
i really like these. They have a woodcut look, without tons of gaudy (to some) colors. Very tasteful and well done. I'm in.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:57:24 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It's not a bad deck, not a great deck.  I'm not feeling a strong urge to buy any.

I can say, though, that if one could find the right shade of brown, fine-tipped marker. they could go to town marking this deck.  One could practically throw in a marking system as complex as a DeLand deck - they had markings to tell you where EVERY card in the deck was by looking at the back of the top card, as long as the deck remained in proper stack order, except here, you could be more subtle and really hide the whole thing.  DeLand decks were notorious for their markings being as subtle as a brick hitting your face.  A layman with a little intelligence and a sharp eye could spot the markings before your trick was over.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:51:55 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I was really expecting lots of pineapples, cheese and ham when i saw the topic. I know i know...but the first thing that came to my mind when i saw Hawaiian was pizza.

I think the deck is quite nicely done, I like the seal and the floral and all. But somehow, this does not excite me as much, probably just not the style of decks i would like.