LUXX Playing Cards by Randy Butterfield & JPPlayingCards

Author (Read 21878 times)

Re: LUXX Playing Cards by Randy Butterfield & JPPlayingCards
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2014, 11:31:47 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Picked up my LUXX's purchase from the post office.

Outside box-damaged- kind of reminded me of the old American Tourister commercials. Think -post office run by gorillas throwing packages around.

Brick box had a small dent.

Cards- perfect.  :D

I don't know if the brick box was from LPCC or JP, but it saved the cards. Double wall cardboard.
If it had been a USPCC brick box. Well  :( but it wasn't  :bosswalk:

Music to my ears! :) The cardboard brick boxes, whilst not very glamorous, are great for protecting decks - especially in transit. They're produced by us - http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/two-piece-brick-box

I just think it's amazing that I can have a package delivered from the UK to US without damage, but get domestic packages all f'd up. It just proves the difference between a company/owner that has a passion for cards, and not just the money. Thank you Paul for going the extra step and exspence to insure undamaged deliveries. I've received several packages from KWP. Some of the exterior boxes were almost destroyed by USPS, but because Jackson ships everything in double wall card board boxes. Not one time was there damage.

I recently received cards in a custom brick box from an unnamed card company. The brick box had damage. I wasn't sure if it was the USPS or the person who packaged it. I contacted them, and was quickly shipped a new custom box. It was so tightly wrapped with bubble wrap that the box was bent and creased. I'm not sure if it was sent through a fulfillment company, or the card company directly. Either way were is the quality control. I spend a crap ton on cards. It just pisses me off.  >:(

OK, sorry rant over, soap box stowed away. and.......... chill  8)
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2014, 07:01:53 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

I just think it's amazing that I can have a package delivered from the UK to US without damage, but get domestic packages all f'd up. It just proves the difference between a company/owner that has a passion for cards, and not just the money. Thank you Paul for going the extra step and exspence to insure undamaged deliveries. I've received several packages from KWP. Some of the exterior boxes were almost destroyed by USPS, but because Jackson ships everything in double wall card board boxes. Not one time was there damage.

I recently received cards in a custom brick box from an unnamed card company. The brick box had damage. I wasn't sure if it was the USPS or the person who packaged it. I contacted them, and was quickly shipped a new custom box. It was so tightly wrapped with bubble wrap that the box was bent and creased. I'm not sure if it was sent through a fulfillment company, or the card company directly. Either way were is the quality control. I spend a crap ton on cards. It just pisses me off.  >:(

OK, sorry rant over, soap box stowed away. and.......... chill  8)
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words Rob, means a lot - it really does. We're not perfect and damage doe still happen now and then, but the vast majority of dents and dings are prevented. That's why we plan on expanding the UK/EU fulfilment we've done (Origins decks and a couple in the pipeline, but things take time) so the feedback is very much appreciated.

~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I agree. My cards from JP were perfect, largely due to great packing (Thanks!). As another hobby, I collect gemstones and minerals from all over the world. I receive probably 10 packages a month on average from overseas, mostly the Middle East, China, and Thailand. I've never had a package from overseas lost or damaged, but it's all too common within the continental US. I've had free (to me) shipping packages from Thailand arrive before an item from California (opposite coast from me) ordered on the same day!

Kudos to Randy for incredible cards, and to JP for great packing and shipping. If you haven't picked these cards up, do so now!

« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2014, 11:24:33 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I've been shuffling away with the LUXX deck ever since receiving it.

Exceptional design, and top quality materials from LPCC. Anyone who doesn't have a few of these yet, is missing out.

The tuck has to be one of the best ever made. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of anything that tops this one.

Thick card, shiny foil inside, and intricate foil design on the outside. By far my favourite tuck from any deck in my collection.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!