You are Here:
8% Off Conjuring Arts

Author (Read 1441 times)

8% Off Conjuring Arts
« on: February 13, 2014, 11:15:14 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
If only they released this 1 day earlier before i made my purchase yesterday....  >:(

Let It Snow!
8 Inches = 8 Hours of 8% Savings!
*The snow's not going anywhere, but this offer is! 8% savings ends at 9:00 PM EST TODAY!

It's a snow day at Conjuring Arts, and we're sharing the fun with you!  For the next 8 hours enjoy 8% savings on nearly everything** in our store!  Hurry - this offer ends at 9:00 PM EST tonight! 

**Sale excludes: Memberships & Subscriptions; PDF's by Harry Lorayne, Dani DaOrtiz, Lee Asher; and Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism. 

Re: 8% Off Conjuring Arts
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:04:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

If only they released this 1 day earlier before i made my purchase yesterday....  >:(

On behalf of the Conjuring Arts Research Center, I apologize that Mother Nature didn't dump tons of snow on New York BEFORE you decided to buy something...   :P  I haven't even been outdoors yet!  It's the sixth storm of the year and the season's far from over!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:51:21 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
It could be worse Don. Parts of Alabama got over 9". That's the equivalent of 105 feet in NYC! :-)

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »

piegoesmoo

• Collecting newbie

You posted this two hours after it had ended :(

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

Couple words of advice if you like to get in on deals...

1) Register for updates on as many magic and card websites as you can.  I have found that in general they don't spam you, just update you on new releases and the deals and discounts.

2) Also in case you don't hit every site, dig into your preferences on this site.  You can set it up so you get an email every time someone starts a new thread.  This has got me out in front of some deals in the past.  You would think this would beat up your inbox but surprisingly it doesn't.  I would say that there are, on average, 1 or less new topics started per day.  I'm sure a mod could provide harder numbers here.  Somedays I get three new topic emails some days none.  The email gives you only the title but it's usually enough to discern if it's a deal you're interested in as well as a link.

Good luck.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 01:45:46 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

1) Register for updates on as many magic and card websites as you can.  I have found that in general they don't spam you, just update you on new releases and the deals and discounts.

2) Also in case you don't hit every site, dig into your preferences on this site.  You can set it up so you get an email every time someone starts a new thread.  This has got me out in front of some deals in the past.  You would think this would beat up your inbox but surprisingly it doesn't.  I would say that there are, on average, 1 or less new topics started per day.  I'm sure a mod could provide harder numbers here.  Somedays I get three new topic emails some days none.  The email gives you only the title but it's usually enough to discern if it's a deal you're interested in as well as a link.

Good luck.

1) One MAJOR exception to this is Dominic Reyes/magicshop.co.uk - if email came printed on toilet paper, I'd have a lifetime supply just from him.

2) You actually DO that?!?  Damn...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:46:02 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

Good luck.

1) One MAJOR exception to this is Dominic Reyes/magicshop.co.uk - if email came printed on toilet paper, I'd have a lifetime supply just from him.

2) You actually DO that?!?  Damn...

Sure do Don.  I don't get on the forums while I'm at work but I do check emails pretty consistently.  Being aware of new topics is a nice way to keep up with things as mentioned above.  If its a topic I really want to investigate I'll jump on real quick.  Otherwise I read every new post Just about everyday after work, Yikes. 

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Sorry, I know this is a little off topic, but....

I tag myself on threads as well Don, but in terms of deals and avoiding haveing to tag yourself on variuose threads, has the site ever thought of implimenting a "Deals" thread? We have one on my Zippo site and it's great to get the heads up via email as kd said.

On the Zippos site members will usually post buys from retailers as well as buys found on ebay, sometimes you come accross a great deal on an out of print deck that you may have, but I'm sure there may be a member or two who would love to pick it up. There are enough eyes out there where it could help members out quite a bit. I think you had posted something like that when you came accross the 125 Year An. Bikes the sellers was bundling in 6 deck lots if I remember correctly and for a very good price. Maybe it could be a sub forum of the ISO/Trade/Sell forum.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:03:20 PM by Sparkz »

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 03:01:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I tag myself on threads as well Don, but in terms of deals and avoiding haveing to tag yourself on variuose threads, has the site ever thought of implimenting a "Deals" thread? We have one on my Zippo site and it's great to get the heads up via email as kd said.

Go ahead and start one.  If it's popular, we can make it sticky.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 01:10:38 PM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

On the Zippos site members will usually post buys from retailers as well as buys found on ebay, sometimes you come accross a great deal on an out of print deck that you may have, but I'm sure there may be a member or two who would love to pick it up. There are enough eyes out there where it could help members out quite a bit. I think you had posted something like that when you came accross the 125 Year An. Bikes the sellers was bundling in 6 deck lots if I remember correctly and for a very good price. Maybe it could be a sub forum of the ISO/Trade/Sell forum.

Just a thought.

This is a great idea!
Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 07:23:11 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I have to apologise here.

I go through my email and this forum, and if i see any new news not posted, i try to keep others updated. That's how i learn about playing cards when i first started - by reading from topics others posted. But I didn't have too much free time for these past 2 weeks especially after taking a week off work to go back with my wife to her hometown in a neighboring country. + living half a time zone off the timing conjuring arts are using doesn't help either.