[EBAY] I'll bet you don't have this deck in your collection

Author (Read 922 times)

[EBAY] I'll bet you don't have this deck in your collection
« on: January 30, 2014, 01:36:46 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Hey everyone,

I've listed some new auctions on my eBay page, and one of them is for a deck of cards I'll bet you don't have: a FIRST EDITION Rambler Deck from the USPCC. This is NOT the remake; just check out the different box design! I also have a couple other decks listed as well as some magic DVDs (21 by Shin Lim, and Mechanic Vol. 1 & 2 by Daniel Madison), plus a vintage magic book. See it all here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/johnspademagic/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Best of luck bidding!

- John

Re: [EBAY] I'll bet you don't have this deck in your collection
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:14:35 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Hi John
The first Ramblers were made by National Card Co. in the 1880's. USPC got the brand name when they bought National in the 1890's. I'm not sure when the started printing it as a USPC deck put as it doesn't appear to have a tax stamp, I'd guess after 1965. Inside the box will be a deck printed as close as possible to the original NPC version.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
John, I recommend posting some card faces for that College Humor deck - you mentioned that the deck was opened but new, so you could generate more interest in it by letting people see the face art.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Hi John
The first Ramblers were made by National Card Co. in the 1880's. USPC got the brand name when they bought National in the 1890's. I'm not sure when the started printing it as a USPC deck put as it doesn't appear to have a tax stamp, I'd guess after 1965. Inside the box will be a deck printed as close as possible to the original NPC version.

Ahh, thank you very much for the info! I will add it to the description. :)

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
John, I recommend posting some card faces for that College Humor deck - you mentioned that the deck was opened but new, so you could generate more interest in it by letting people see the face art.

I actually listed it once before showing a few faces (with no bids), but my theory is actually that if I don't show any faces people might buy it so they CAN see the faces haha. Incidentally, the faces are very lame. In any case, it's a pretty crappy deck that I'd expect to get $0.99 for. If no one bids on it I might just end up giving it to a friend. But thanks for the advice anyway! :)

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 01:39:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I actually listed it once before showing a few faces (with no bids), but my theory is actually that if I don't show any faces people might buy it so they CAN see the faces haha. Incidentally, the faces are very lame. In any case, it's a pretty crappy deck that I'd expect to get $0.99 for. If no one bids on it I might just end up giving it to a friend. But thanks for the advice anyway! :)

Bidding on an unknown product sight unseen isn't one of my favorite pastimes, and in that I believe that I am not alone...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 12:35:24 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

Bidding on an unknown product sight unseen isn't one of my favorite pastimes, and in that I believe that I am not alone...  :))

I mean to be honest, that's one of the reasons I bought the deck to begin with. On the BustedTees site it shows you the same joker card I show in the photo, but none of the other custom faces. I bought the deck because I was really curious to see what they looked like. But whatever, worst case scenario I lose the $7.50 + shipping I spent on it way back in the day haha ::)