You are Here:
Gold Seal Coterie Bee Deck now available for purchase; only 650 available

Author (Read 2818 times)

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Got an email from coterie today about the gold seal deck. I thought if anyone needed one now would be a good time to get them

here is what the email said

We designed the Coterie Bee Gold Edition in year 2011 with its color variations and themes, the original Gold Edition was considered by many as the most elegant Bee playing cards ever conceived.

900 decks out of the initial 5200 decks run were sealed and reserved for Artiste and higher classes members of Coterie of Prestidigitation Artists.
After Coterie Bee Gold Edition was sold out, we planned to proceed with new edition of Coterie Bee. However, after over a year of correspondence and negotiation, USPCC informed us that they will not print Coterie Bee anymore nevertheless.
We had to discontinue the Coterie Bee series and subsequently decided to abandon the Gold Seal Coterie Bee playing cards as part of the Artiste membership package.
Only 650 decks of Gold Seal Coterie Bee playing cards will now be made available for purchase, after they were gone, the remaining stock will become part of our special promotion offer.

You can buy them here

http://www.coterie1902.com/products/playing-cards/coterie-bee-playing-cards-gold-sealunsigned

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Thanks for the heads up.

This is probably not the best way to handle the Gold Seal Coterie Bee deck, but we had to give up this series with USPCC, in fact, we will probably never do branded deck with USPCC again.
Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I've already ordered mine! I like this deck a lot.
Enthusiast collector

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Zenneth, are these decks in cellophane, or just a regular un-cello'd tuck?

Thanks!

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Thanks for the heads up.

This is probably not the best way to handle the Gold Seal Coterie Bee deck, but we had to give up this series with USPCC, in fact, we will probably never do branded deck with USPCC again.

Hmm, bad experience?
have you heard the word???

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks for the heads up.

Zen, I feel sorry that it had to go that way with USPC, but I understand the reasons why and can't blame you one bit.  Best of luck on your future decks - we'll be here waiting to hear about them from you, just as eager as ever.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Yeah, I feel sorry about that too...

Both Skull & Bones and Coterie Bee really proved the point that it's not a good idea to modernize or customize USPCC designs.

Their attitude has been fluctuating in the entire 2013, one point they said they won't print Coterie Bee and then later they said they have the permission to do it but need us to fulfill their requirement of the use of Brand and card back design, just when you finish the design according to their requirement and they said no again and released a version that's clearly based on what you have done.

We will resurrect the Coterie Bee in a different form, after all, it has taken me over a year to create different themes and different gaff cards for each deck in the entire series, can't afford wasting all these time and effort. Definitely not with USPCC though.

Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
The Bee Coterie deck was awesome... and so it's a real shame that the USPCC decided to mess about like that. It would have been great to see the series continue... however, when they do totally unacceptable things like that (cashing in on other people's hard work), then it really does ruin things.

I'm glad that the printers in Taiwan are starting to get appreciated for their superior quality. I'm looking forward to many more great decks to come out of that factory!

I've ordered 3 gold seal Bee Coterie's, 5 Fatboy V2's (although I prefer more traditional designs and brands, I'm really looking forward to giving these a try!), and a set of gold seal fan backs :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Both Skull & Bones and Coterie Bee really proved the point that it's not a good idea to modernize or customize USPCC designs.

Their attitude has been fluctuating in the entire 2013, one point they said they won't print Coterie Bee and then later they said they have the permission to do it but need us to fulfill their requirement of the use of Brand and card back design, just when you finish the design according to their requirement and they said no again and released a version that's clearly based on what you have done.

We will resurrect the Coterie Bee in a different form, after all, it has taken me over a year to create different themes and different gaff cards for each deck in the entire series, can't afford wasting all these time and effort. Definitely not with USPCC though.

When your contractor is also your competitor, you're bound to run into issues like these.  Well, you wouldn't if the company was behaving more scrupulously, but that's how big companies go in the end - more concerned about the profit to be had than the bridges that get burned.

It would serve them right for some artist to make a "parody" series of their most popular decks, print them in huge quantities and distribute them throughout the world.  Let their lawyers whine all they want about intellectual property - parody is protected under the US Constitution.

Re: Gold Seal Coterie Bee Deck now available for purchase; only 650 available
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 11:35:40 PM »

verloren

• Forum Regular
Ordered and received! =)

Don't think I ordered a Fatboy deck though.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:36:48 PM by verloren »

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »

Lukeout

• Forum Regular

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Do you know who you are going to use yet? It would be nice to see some non USPCC serious custom stuff done - particularly on the packaging side. Good luck with your resurrection of Coterie Bee!
"Design is nothing more or less than the ability to go from what exists to what is preferred."

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »

Jonathan

• Forum Regular
I just received my order today!
Very happy :D.
Got 3 gold seal bees, a fatboy V2, a pair of new fan backs and the entwined hearts gimmick :D.

I have a question about the gold seal bees. one of the gaff cards is a double backer with the gold back and then a silver/white back. Is there a white backed version of this deck and if so what's it called?
The other gaff is cool and I have no idea how to use it, but it's cool.
The stock of these bees is great, the only thing I'd change is I wish the back were borderless, I reckon that'd make for a beautiful deck

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 08:08:06 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I just received my order today!
Very happy :D.
Got 3 gold seal bees, a fatboy V2, a pair of new fan backs and the entwined hearts gimmick :D.

I have a question about the gold seal bees. one of the gaff cards is a double backer with the gold back and then a silver/white back. Is there a white backed version of this deck and if so what's it called?
The other gaff is cool and I have no idea how to use it, but it's cool.
The stock of these bees is great, the only thing I'd change is I wish the back were borderless, I reckon that'd make for a beautiful deck

The silver version was part of the original plan but got scrapped - just like the gold is now.

They would have made a very nice set, but USPC really screwed this job up twelve ways to Sunday.  I can't blame Zenneth for not wanting to use them again.