You are Here:
The most unique deck you have/are seeking.....

Author (Read 972 times)

The most unique deck you have/are seeking.....
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:50:23 AM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Thought this could spawn some interesting discussions, as it might bring to light some lesser-known items.

One of my other hobbies is collecting prop replicas. And one item I acquired is a replica of a deck of cards that was used during the viral campaign for The Dark Knight. During the promotion, there were clues hidden on different faux websites that lead to real world locations, a scavenger hunt if you will, and one of the items that could be had by following said clues was a deck of 54 Jokers, some of which can be seen during the film. There were only a handful of these decks produced and given out during the campaign, and one member of another mesageboard got his hands on two. Him and one other fella worked together to make a replica of these cards, and I got my hands on a couple of them.

Given, I would LOVE to find one of the actual decks, but the only one I have ever seen for sale was listed at $400. The quality of the replica deck is impressive, though the tuckbox is a a bit bigger than it needs to be. That is nitpicking though, as the cards are beautiful. The creator would not divulge the company he used for printing, but they did a great job IMHO. They don't fan well, but I also don't plan on trying to break them in...

Re: The most unique deck you have/are seeking.....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 12:01:52 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
If all the cards are in the box, I looks like you could fit another 10.  Thanks for the share.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Thought this could spawn some interesting discussions, as it might bring to light some lesser-known items.

One of my other hobbies is collecting prop replicas. And one item I acquired is a replica of a deck of cards that was used during the viral campaign for The Dark Knight. During the promotion, there were clues hidden on different faux websites that lead to real world locations, a scavenger hunt if you will, and one of the items that could be had by following said clues was a deck of 54 Jokers, some of which can be seen during the film. There were only a handful of these decks produced and given out during the campaign, and one member of another mesageboard got his hands on two. Him and one other fella worked together to make a replica of these cards, and I got my hands on a couple of them.

Given, I would LOVE to find one of the actual decks, but the only one I have ever seen for sale was listed at $400. The quality of the replica deck is impressive, though the tuckbox is a a bit bigger than it needs to be. That is nitpicking though, as the cards are beautiful. The creator would not divulge the company he used for printing, but they did a great job IMHO. They don't fan well, but I also don't plan on trying to break them in...

Ah wow, I'm loving this. I'm a massive batman fan (check my batman cake out in my profile pic lol) are there any replicas still available?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
As Nurul, I'm a big Batman/Comic fan and have those on my list. I did come across a deck like these on Amazon, but the backs are different so I'm thinking a cheap knock off of the Original/Replicas.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knight-Joker-Playing-Cards/dp/B001GN1H0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388350278&sr=8-1&keywords=joker+playing+cards

Those are great Mydnyghte!

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
The guy that put them together updated his post just a couple days ago saying he had some left from his third run. If you're interested, just message me and I will send you the details.

Sparkz, that looks like replicas of the most prominent cards in the movie, the Brian card, the evidence card...etc. This deck was put together with scans from one of the actual viral decks, so those 4 cards are included in the replica deck. I actually see a ton of those on ebay, but have yet to see a viral deck pop up....

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 01:17:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Ah wow, I'm loving this. I'm a massive batman fan (check my batman cake out in my profile pic lol) are there any replicas still available?

Zazzle will print you 100 poker-sized business cards with one of these jokers on the front and a generic card back on the back.  Get an old manual typewriter to "print" your contact info, and you're all ready to creep people out with your weird-looking business card.  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
I read an article that a guy bought a set of the actual jokers that were used in the Batman movie from an IndieGoGo campaign by DC Entertainment. It cost the guy $200 per card and there were 4 cards.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I read an article that a guy bought a set of the actual jokers that were used in the Batman movie from an IndieGoGo campaign by DC Entertainment. It cost the guy $200 per card and there were 4 cards.

There were more than four cards.  We saw only four in close-ups, but there were other designs as well.

It's hard to put a card-collector's price on something that's also a movie prop...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/