You are Here:
Questions about the Forum

Author (Read 2050 times)

Questions about the Forum
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:28:17 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
I have a couple of questions about this forum. When was it created and roughly how many members do we have? Just wondering =D

Re: Questions about the Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
According to my count of the members list, we have ~ 692 members with at least one post, the members ( 18,496  ) is inflated due to spam bot sign ups. The forum has been up for a little over 2 years.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
you can find a lot of info about the Forum here

[More Stats]

You can find the link on the main page under Forum Stats as well.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
Cheers bud =D a nice little community we have here indeed =)

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:03:40 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
So after looking up the stats, we currently have 9,588,223 page views. We average 12,122 page views per day (this value is rounded). Therefore, mathematically that means, based on this average, we should be reaching 10,000,000 in about 34 days. 34 days from now is January 1st, 2014. I am anticipating the views per day to increase slightly due to the holidays and people chatting about what they like/hate. With the increase, I am calculating the views per day to be 12,300. That gives 33 days. So I will be choosing December 31st, 2013. Just figured I would share this for those that have actually read my topic =D enjoy my math lol

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
According to my count of the members list, we have ~ 692 members with at least one post, the members ( 18,496  ) is inflated due to spam bot sign ups. The forum has been up for a little over 2 years.

I'd estimate actual members at between 2-3K.  Many people join and never post at all, preferring to read what we write and to simply be a member.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

I'd estimate actual members at between 2-3K.  Many people join and never post at all, preferring to read what we write and to simply be a member.

I would agree, it was just easier to give a more accurate number if I based it off of having a post. I know there are a lot of lurkers.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 03:18:10 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
So after looking up the stats, we currently have 9,588,223 page views. We average 12,122 page views per day (this value is rounded). Therefore, mathematically that means, based on this average, we should be reaching 10,000,000 in about 34 days. 34 days from now is January 1st, 2014. I am anticipating the views per day to increase slightly due to the holidays and people chatting about what they like/hate. With the increase, I am calculating the views per day to be 12,300. That gives 33 days. So I will be choosing December 31st, 2013. Just figured I would share this for those that have actually read my topic =D enjoy my math lol

Basically the some quick idiot math I did (no offense).  I subtracted a couple day as I feel like the hobby is on the uptick and we seem to gain members a little more frequently of late. 

Don, who the hell would want to just read what we write.   :)

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 06:05:54 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
kdklown, you are probably very right! After the christmas holidays, the views should probably decrease. I should have probably done the same but I never really thought that far lol what date did you choose friend?

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 02:11:45 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
So I did the math again to see where I stood in terms of winning or losing and it turns out it could potentially be even earlier than I thought. It is currently 9,729,882 and the average views per day is 12,177.57. With that, it is now 22 days, which gives us December 28th 2013. I am quite confused how this changed by this large a margin and the average is only 50 views more per day.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So I did the math again to see where I stood in terms of winning or losing and it turns out it could potentially be even earlier than I thought. It is currently 9,729,882 and the average views per day is 12,177.57. With that, it is now 22 days, which gives us December 28th 2013. I am quite confused how this changed by this large a margin and the average is only 50 views more per day.

Averages are averages over a long period of time - in that case, I think from the day the doors opened and the board started.  After more than two years, for the average to jump 50 views a day - it's a significant increase.

The increase can be attributed to three possibilities, any or all of which can be the source:

1) We're experiencing a strong uptick due to the holiday season - it's more active this year than last because it appears to have more going for it in total.
2) We're experiencing a strong uptick in new members - there's no denying that's been happening.
3) We're experiencing a strong uptick in people attempting to boost the number of views and bring the 10,000,000th post date closer.

I actually have a very creative answer to 3), which you'll be hearing about in the near future!  It will flatten the odds a bit more for those people trying to trigger an earlier 10,000,000th post.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member

I actually have a very creative answer to 3), which you'll be hearing about in the near future!  It will flatten the odds a bit more for those people trying to trigger an earlier 10,000,000th post.

I am interested to hear what you are going to do. I would have to take a guess, that being, you will not be allowing the views to increase if you refresh a window or something to that degree?

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 05:58:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I am interested to hear what you are going to do. I would have to take a guess, that being, you will not be allowing the views to increase if you refresh a window or something to that degree?

I'm sure you are interested.  You'll hear it when everyone else does and no sooner.  :P

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
Well then can I hear an expected date of delivery? Haha this has peaked my interest surely :P

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 08:57:22 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well then can I hear an expected date of delivery? Haha this has peaked my interest surely :P

It's not date-dependent.  Just show some patience.  I'll bet you were the kind of kid who peeked in the closet looking for the Christmas presents before they were wrapped.

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 12:15:32 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

Averages are averages over a long period of time - in that case, I think from the day the doors opened and the board started.  After more than two years, for the average to jump 50 views a day - it's a significant increase.

The increase can be attributed to three possibilities, any or all of which can be the source:

1) We're experiencing a strong uptick due to the holiday season - it's more active this year than last because it appears to have more going for it in total.
2) We're experiencing a strong uptick in new members - there's no denying that's been happening.
3) We're experiencing a strong uptick in people attempting to boost the number of views and bring the 10,000,000th post date closer.

I think there may be some boosting, but we have seen a lot of new traffic recently.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 01:36:15 AM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member

It's not date-dependent.  Just show some patience.  I'll bet you were the kind of kid who peeked in the closet looking for the Christmas presents before they were wrapped.
Surprisingly no I wasn't because I never knew were the presents were kept haha my parents beat me to the punch but I still looked forward to the surprise :D