White LTD off center?
« on: November 16, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hey all, I just got my White LTD deck and noticed the logo is off center. Anyone else have the same thing? Does anyone know if I can request a replacement from E?

Re: White LTD off center?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »

AtomSmash

• True Member
  • ಠ_ಠ
That's really weird. However, if the cards are fine, I don't think you can. And somehow I can't see many people opening theirs. :)
...but that's just my opinion.

ಠ_ಠ CARDS ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »

DJT

From left to right or bottom to top?

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 03:22:01 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Ya, not planning on opening them, was just curious if it was happening consistently or not. As for your question DJT, i was referring to the tuck logo and it's off left to right.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Knowing E. If it is a misprint, and you request another, they will require a photos or a video of you destroying that deck. Saying that, if the logo is off a bit, personally, I would keep that one because it makes it even more unique and rare than a normal white LTD

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 03:57:26 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Knowing E. If it is a misprint, and you request another, they will require a photos or a video of you destroying that deck. Saying that, if the logo is off a bit, personally, I would keep that one because it makes it even more unique and rare than a normal white LTD
Valid point Curt, thanks  ;)

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I know the Red LTD was designed with the LTD tuck logo slightly higher then center of the box. Then the Blue was released and the logo was dead center of the tuck box. Your White deck is most likely an off-center printing but there might be a small chance its part of the design?

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 04:08:05 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I know the Red LTD was designed with the LTD tuck logo slightly higher then center of the box. Then the Blue was released and the logo was dead center of the tuck box. Your White deck is most likely an off-center printing but there might be a small chance its part of the design?
Top to bottom I can see, it's a framing formula. Left to right....I guess we'll see  ;)

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 03:29:59 AM »

Ben Taylor

I measured the pictures on Ellusionist's website, the white and purple decks are both off-center, slightly to the right.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 06:15:29 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I measured the pictures on Ellusionist's website, the white and purple decks are both off-center, slightly to the right.
Well that's odd...but thanks Ben  ;)

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »

DJT

This deck is on sale right now with Ellusionist - $25 max 12 decks: http://www.ellusionist.com/white-ltd-limited-playing-cards.html

Secret deal at E
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 05:05:05 PM »

Leif

• Elite Member
And I opted out of it. If only they'd kept the original courts.

You haven't heard it from me.

Heh, someone else apparently beat me to it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:08:16 PM by Leif »

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This deck is on sale right now with Ellusionist - $25 max 12 decks: http://www.ellusionist.com/white-ltd-limited-playing-cards.html

I guess you missed this part of the message:

Miss out on those 144 Gold Arcane Decks? They went pretty quick - so how about another chance at limited edition decks? From our oldest (still in our vault) - the Gold Arcane, to our newest - the White LTD. Here’s 144 White LTDs, yours for $25 each.
(Due to pressure already on our servers - we recommend keeping this deal a secret)

Too late for that now, hunh?  :))

At least we now have confirmation that they're completely out of the Black Ghost 1st Edition decks.

Et tu, Leif?  :))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:53:06 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »

DJT

It was only a recommendation, I support my fellow card collectors  ;)

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 03:16:43 AM »

Leif

• Elite Member

I guess you missed this part of the message:

Miss out on those 144 Gold Arcane Decks? They went pretty quick - so how about another chance at limited edition decks? From our oldest (still in our vault) - the Gold Arcane, to our newest - the White LTD. Here’s 144 White LTDs, yours for $25 each.
(Due to pressure already on our servers - we recommend keeping this deal a secret)

Too late for that now, hunh?  :))

At least we now have confirmation that they're completely out of the Black Ghost 1st Edition decks.

Et tu, Leif?  :))
Yeah, well, I had it in my cart, and I had about 15 minutes of back and forth before I decided not to buy it.  I wonder how low they'd have to go for me to buy it? I'm not really sure about this deck, I mean, the box is great, and I could probably buy them just to have it as a box. But, knowing myself, I'd sooner or later want to open them up and play with them, feel the springiness, try to get that perfect faro, look at them. Use them.
I've learned something about myself during my short journey as a deck collector, (BTW, 13 different decks in almost 2 years, not much of a collector, eh?) I like to use the stuff I collect. So, with this deck @ $25, I had to think: Why am I buying this deck? Is it to sell it with profit in a few years? No. Is it to open it, look at the cards and play with it? Most likely, yes. But at $25, I could buy about four other decks that i could play with. Decks, whose courts I really like, perhaps. Decks that I might even have not a single thing to nitpick upon (although, that's rather unlikely, seeing as I seem to expand my nitpicking ability exponentially)

So, I thought I'd give my friends at AC a small hint about these, as I didn't see any topic about it being on sale, when I began writing my topic.

BTW, thanks for merging my topic with this thread, I tried to delete it when i saw his post about them, but to no avail.

But, are they really out of Black Ghost 1st Edition decks? Surely they must keep some, maybe 50 or so, in a private stash, for that extra, extra exclusive promotion? Or maybe to give to friends or something.

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It was only a recommendation, I support my fellow card collectors  ;)

Ah, don't sweat it too much.  But remember that at times it's better to keep a secret than reveal it - you never want to be known as that guy who can't keep a secret, because then no one will tell you any more secrets!  Unless, of course, they WANT it revealed...  :))

Yeah, well, I had it in my cart, and I had about 15 minutes of back and forth before I decided not to buy it.  I wonder how low they'd have to go for me to buy it? I'm not really sure about this deck, I mean, the box is great, and I could probably buy them just to have it as a box. But, knowing myself, I'd sooner or later want to open them up and play with them, feel the springiness, try to get that perfect faro, look at them. Use them.
I've learned something about myself during my short journey as a deck collector, (BTW, 13 different decks in almost 2 years, not much of a collector, eh?) I like to use the stuff I collect. So, with this deck @ $25, I had to think: Why am I buying this deck? Is it to sell it with profit in a few years? No. Is it to open it, look at the cards and play with it? Most likely, yes. But at $25, I could buy about four other decks that i could play with. Decks, whose courts I really like, perhaps. Decks that I might even have not a single thing to nitpick upon (although, that's rather unlikely, seeing as I seem to expand my nitpicking ability exponentially)

So, I thought I'd give my friends at AC a small hint about these, as I didn't see any topic about it being on sale, when I began writing my topic.

BTW, thanks for merging my topic with this thread, I tried to delete it when i saw his post about them, but to no avail.

But, are they really out of Black Ghost 1st Edition decks? Surely they must keep some, maybe 50 or so, in a private stash, for that extra, extra exclusive promotion? Or maybe to give to friends or something.

The greatest collector in the world is the one who seeks out what he considers the best, leaving everything else behind.  It's never about the size of the collection, but about the pleasure you derive from it.

E announced earlier this year their final giveaway of the BG1E because they were running low - I think it was mid-summer '12 that I found out they had only a thousand or so left in stock, and last year's holiday specials really depleted quantities of all of their custom decks.  Next likeliest to run out will probably be the Red Artifice decks - after the initial offering, only about 2,000 remained, and that, too, was about a year-and-a-half ago, give or take.  Gold Arcane's been given out often but was never made available for sale, so I'd say they have another year or two of them before they're gone.  I think that just leaves stuff like the White LTD, the Red LTD and the Red Arcane.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »

DJT

Saw this posted on E's forum about quantities, not to go too far off topic but it does pertain to quantities of limited decks:

http://forums.ellusionist.com/showthread.php?96293-Ellusionist-Limited-Edition-Decks

Brad Christian
Posted: 08-05-2012 11:53 PM
Yes, there were 5000 of the Tiger first edition originally. We only have 550 left in existence and those are the ones I pulled for my personal supply, they're downstairs now.

Ghost 1st edition, we only have 133 copies left, period. That one is darn rare.

Gold Arcane had 5000 made. We have only 1760 left.

We will almost always do a run of 5000 on the limited decks.

Hope that helps.
[End post]

I would say it is safe to assume all limited decks are printed at a 5k run
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:23:20 PM by DJT »

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
DJT, that's a good find - thanks for bringing it over here.