Robert Adams

• True Member
  • 'love your cards'

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Just got mine too...

What's with the one way front?

The number part of the indices are bolder at one end, so a pack that has been mixed end-to-end looks messy when fanned. As if you've mixed two decks!

Loving everything else!

That is a mechanism for magicians. Have the deck all arranged in one way, have someone pick a card, put it in the other way...that kind of thing. The Legends feature that as well. Subtle but useful if you are the magic type.

Yeah, fair enough.

Though I wouldn't have compromised the design for that effect. It can be achieved without slight of hand with a normal deck and I'm finding a randomly mixed deck quite uneasy on the eyes, no?

Re: Exquisite Playing Cards from CARC
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2014, 07:30:01 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Just got mine too...

What's with the one way front?

The number part of the indices are bolder at one end, so a pack that has been mixed end-to-end looks messy when fanned. As if you've mixed two decks!

Loving everything else!

That is a mechanism for magicians. Have the deck all arranged in one way, have someone pick a card, put it in the other way...that kind of thing. The Legends feature that as well. Subtle but useful if you are the magic type.

Yeah, fair enough.

Though I wouldn't have compromised the design for that effect. It can be achieved without slight of hand with a normal deck and I'm finding a randomly mixed deck quite uneasy on the eyes, no?

I honesty don't think it's that bad, but just as well, I noticed that the back design is a subtle one way back. There's some center elements that are intentionally a bit more left or right. The printing is way to perfect for it anything but intentional. I only noticed it today as I was riffle shuffling the deck. The one way back doesn't align with the one way front of the card, but it's a great extra feature none the less.

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Big Exquisite sale going on right now

Our exclusive Exquisite decks are considered by most advanced cardmen as the greatest decks presently available anywhere! Limited - get them now while you can.

6 Pack (3 Red, 3 Blue)
$68.70 $49.95! US Pstpd
12 Pack (2 Red, 10 Blue)
$109.40 $74.95! US Pstpd 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:50:51 PM by badpete69 »

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2014, 09:09:46 PM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Big Exquisite sale going on right now

Our exclusive Exquisite decks are considered by most advanced cardmen as the greatest decks presently available anywhere! Limited - get them now while you can.

6 Pack (3 Red, 3 Blue)
$68.70 $49.95! US Pstpd
12 Pack (2 Red, 10 Blue)
$109.40 $74.95! US Pstpd 

Ohhh tempting. I wasn't able to get any Exquisites since they flagged my purchase as a possible fraudulent one probably because the shipping and billing address were half a world away.

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2014, 03:31:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Ohhh tempting. I wasn't able to get any Exquisites since they flagged my purchase as a possible fraudulent one probably because the shipping and billing address were half a world away.

Have you tried contacting Conjuring Arts directly to inquire about it?  Or perhaps even Bill himself?  You should - your name isn't exactly unknown in the collecting community and Bill's a fellow 52+J member.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2014, 04:14:33 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member

Have you tried contacting Conjuring Arts directly to inquire about it?  Or perhaps even Bill himself?  You should - your name isn't exactly unknown in the collecting community and Bill's a fellow 52+J member.

I didn't because I got sick at the end of the day and hospitalized for a week 2 days after. I kinda thought I was over spending during that month anyway so I figured I'd get one at the after market. But this sale is hooking me in...

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Just picked up one of these Exquisite deals, figured they absolutely deserved a bump.  This really is a steal.
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Just picked up one of these Exquisite deals, figured they absolutely deserved a bump.  This really is a steal.

They are considering of the half dozen, it's only 5$ more for the 3 Blue and 3 Red plus their exclusive Pack Jackets .... now the sad thing is I placed my order for 5 Blues + 1 Red one day before the Exquisite deal .... :( . Talk about worst timing ever.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:18:27 PM by bhong »

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2014, 12:44:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

They are considering of the half dozen, it's only 5$ more for the 3 Blue and 3 Red plus their exclusive Pack Jackets .... now the sad thing is I placed my order for 5 Blues + 1 Red one day before the Exquisite deal .... :( . Talk about worst timing ever.

If you contact CARC as fast as possible they might be able to accommodate a change.  They're a pretty nice bunch of people over there, and if you catch them early enough in the fulfillment process, they make be willing to assist you.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/