You are Here:
Madison Announcement: Revelations Ends at 52.

Author (Read 3323 times)

Madison Announcement: Revelations Ends at 52.
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:47:51 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I was watching Revelations 35. Daniel Madison announced Revelations would end @ 52. 52 cards in a standard deck, 52 weeks in a year. Is Madison ending a 1 year contract with Ellusionist? Madison has been endorsing many company products as of late. Just helping friends or looking to sell his services for another company in the future? What's next for Daniel Madison?

Re: Madison Announcement: Revelations Ends at 52.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I was watching Revelations 35. Daniel Madison announced Revelations would end @ 52. 52 cards in a standard deck, 52 weeks in a year. Is Madison ending a 1 year contract with Ellusionist? Madison has been endorsing many company products as of late. Just helping friends or looking to sell his services for another company in the future? What's next for Daniel Madison?

It's entirely possible that he'll continue his association with Ellusionist for a while longer at the least - never hurts to have a company that's interested in producing and selling your products.  Many artists enjoy such connections with a particular company.  If he's making money, why wouldn't he?  Unless he really had some kind of personality conflict or was getting the raw end of the deal, there's no strong incentive for him to leave other than wanting a change of pace.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

It's entirely possible that he'll continue his association with Ellusionist for a while longer at the least - never hurts to have a company that's interested in producing and selling your products.  Many artists enjoy such connections with a particular company.  If he's making money, why wouldn't he?  Unless he really had some kind of personality conflict or was getting the raw end of the deal, there's no strong incentive for him to leave other than wanting a change of pace.

Your most likely correct. I'd like to see Madison stay with Ellusionist. Madison and McKinnon make a great team.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:00:16 PM »

Patrick Varnavas

Well, he's jumped from Theory 11 to Ellusionist, drawing attention wherever he chose to work for. One can only hope he doesn't move to the Blue Crown next

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well, he's jumped from Theory 11 to Ellusionist, drawing attention wherever he chose to work for. One can only hope he doesn't move to the Blue Crown next

What did he do with T11 aside from create a marked deck?  Did T11 produce any of his videos?

And there's nothing wrong with the Blue Crown!  I know the guys there, been to the Batcave, etc.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

What did he do with T11 aside from create a marked deck?  Did T11 produce any of his videos?

And there's nothing wrong with the Blue Crown!  I know the guys there, been to the Batcave, etc.

TBC's Batcave... Do they let you play with the utility belts or only let you look?

Nothing against TBC, I just don't see that happening.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:14:39 PM by Anonymous »

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Yeah Madison definitely has something good going for him at Ellusionist and will doubtfully go to any other company. I reckon he's tired of making weekly videos or running out of content. That or 52 "makes sense" as a place to stop before he gets to Revelations 378.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Yeah Madison definitely has something good going for him at Ellusionist and will doubtfully go to any other company. I reckon he's tired of making weekly videos or running out of content. That or 52 "makes sense" as a place to stop before he gets to Revelations 378.

I wondered if Madison would get tired or bored myself. Madison has given some good material away on YouTube. The Blood PDF was priceless.

How do you think Madison's Revelations will be remembered after 52? I think it becomes a great jumping point for Madison to do his own weekly video blog.

Is Revelations name Dai Vernon inspired?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:59:33 PM by Anonymous »

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

TBC's Batcave... Do they let you play with the utility belts or only let you look?

They slip me a bat-a-rang or a bat-grappling hook with bat-cord and bat-winch every now and then...

I wondered if Madison would get tired or bored myself. Madison has given some good material away on YouTube. The Blood PDF was priceless.

How do you think Madison's Revelations will be remembered after 52? I think it becomes a great jumping point for Madison to do his own weekly video blog.

Is Revelations name Dai Vernon inspired?

Michael, I think he'd just do something different.

Anon, how do you give away a PDF on YouTube?  :))

I believe that yes, the name "Revelations" was inspired by the Dai Vernon book and video series.  The videos were called "Revelations" as was the original printing of the book, but "Revelation" was the later, more comprehensive printing of the book.  It's an awesome tome, just so much material in it.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 01:04:54 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Somehow I didn't catch the possible reference of "Revelations" to come from Dai Vernon. :P

Lets hope the next five months or so left of Revelations reveal some (more) pretty cool stuff!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 06:05:13 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Anon, how do you give away a PDF on YouTube? 

He gave the link to the PDF from his website in one of the Revelations. I believe link was also in the description of the video.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

He gave the link to the PDF from his website in one of the Revelations. I believe link was also in the description of the video.

...you left out the part where I dropped a smiley in there, to indicate I was pulling your leg.  Do you want it back now?  :))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:25:13 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 11:31:12 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

...you left out the part where I dropped a smiley in there, to indicate I was pulling your leg.  Do you want it back now?  :))

One can never tell on these forums. Lol