Author (Read 3289 times)

New deck from Card Experiment: Utopia deck
« on: August 31, 2013, 02:23:22 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
This is on Card Experiment's main page.

Seems to be a sequel to the Babel deck. It definitely looks intriguing.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: New deck from Card Experiment: Utopia deck
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
That artwork certainly looks interesting, nothing seen before in cards
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »

Maskedfreakinabox

• True Member

• Kickstarter:

Let it be known that I was the one who was going to make this thread, but last night while at Isaac's house he decided to steal this thread for himself RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!! If it weren't for me, he wouldn't even know about this deck in the first place!!! >:( Isaac your a douche-canoe and a half. Payback is going to suck "bro".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:31:00 PM by Maskedfreakinabox »

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Let it be known that I was the one who was going to make this thread, but last night while at Isaac's house he decided to steal this thread for himself RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!! If it weren't for me, he wouldn't even know about this deck in the first place!!! >:( Isaac your a douche-canoe and a half. Payback is going to suck "bro".

Actually, I would have known about it, because I had to go on CX to get the Babel deck. Besides, you snooze, you lose.  8)

I'm hoping for a release date soon. And I really hope CX decides to do something awesome with the court cards, like how they omitted the mouths on the Babel deck.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »

Maskedfreakinabox

• True Member

• Kickstarter:

And I really hope CX decides to do something awesome with the court cards, like how they omitted the mouths on the Babel deck.

Wish your parents had done the same thing with you some days... ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:35:11 AM by Maskedfreakinabox »

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 02:19:05 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

And I really hope CX decides to do something awesome with the court cards, like how they omitted the mouths on the Babel deck.

Wish your parents had done the same thing with you some days... ;D

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 02:37:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, guys - remember, there's an actual topic here?  Save the ping-pong match for the LOLAQ...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 07:46:43 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
Utopia Playing Cards
Utopia: A seemingly perfect and ideal place. When ideals collide, Utopia descends into Dystopia. The Utopia deck toys with the notions of loss of self and identity as well as conformity using highly structured and similar arrangements dosed with a touch of surrealistic imagery.

-Printed on Premium Aristocrat® stock with Magic Finish provides exceptional handling
-Featuring custom designed backs, aces, jokers, court cards & pips printed using metallic inks
-Designed by Tarin Yuangtrakul from Bangkok, Thailand
-Printed by The US Playing Card Company
-Produced by Card Experiment
-2,500 decks will be printed

Pre-order date: October 8, 2013 10PM EST @ cardexperiment.com

The blue asura has incredibly thin borders and it looks like this deck will follow its trend! I'm interested!
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Mollusc and Mask were so busy fighting over who the bigger douche was, that Froggo was able to sneak in with an release update.

High-five bro!  :D
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Woah! That is one awesome ace! This deck's going to be amazing.

Mollusc and Mask were so busy fighting over who the bigger douche was, that Froggo was able to sneak in with an release update.

High-five bro!  :D

Hahaha!  We ended that like a month ago.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 04:34:46 AM »

CoCoN_16

• Newcomer
Asura's back design was more in my taste, but I love the box design in this one.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Card Experiment has put so much effort into designing a custom back, pips, joker and 4 custom large Aces. I wish they'd do something more than slightly modified court cards.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Card Experiment has put so much effort into designing a custom back, pips, joker and 4 custom large Aces. I wish they'd do something more than slightly modified court cards.

I like everything they've done with the deck,, tuckcase, the whole kabob. But the thing that really tickles my beard is what they've done with the court cards. Just simply removing the mouth really gets me, especially when taken in context to the backstory.  Given, I'm brand spankin (gently now, nothing weird) new to this hobby and haven't seen a whole lot, when I do see something that hasn't been done, especially in regards to details, I get intrigued.

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 11:22:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I like everything they've done with the deck,, tuckcase, the whole kabob. But the thing that really tickles my beard is what they've done with the court cards. Just simply removing the mouth really gets me, especially when taken in context to the backstory.  Given, I'm brand spankin (gently now, nothing weird) new to this hobby and haven't seen a whole lot, when I do see something that hasn't been done, especially in regards to details, I get intrigued.

Actually, there's been a few decks in the past that have used mouthless courts like this.  One was Card Experiment's own Babel deck, the others were the Mystery deck from BeDeceived and the Bicycle Clot Ltd. Edition deck (a promo deck for a Hong Kong-based clothing company).
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 11:44:39 PM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
Wait, am i missing something here? The courts do have mouths...? Unless i dont actually know what a mouth is... Have my 18 years of existence all been a lie?!?

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 11:49:44 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I like it, clean, crisp design, love the Aces and the Pip design. Very cool!

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 01:23:19 AM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

Actually, there's been a few decks in the past that have used mouthless courts like this.  One was Card Experiment's own Babel deck, the others were the Mystery deck from BeDeceived and the Bicycle Clot Ltd. Edition deck (a promo deck for a Hong Kong-based clothing company).

Hmm. Can't blame the alcohol on that.
I suppose I shouldn't post when running on two hours sleep. It is the Babel deck I was thinking of. I've had that page open waiting for their pre-order to begin before I order a couple decks.

Just Fred, no you're safe. So long as my wee ones keep keep my wife and I in a drunkish, sleep deprived state, this is likely to happen again. Crap, have to grab the bat. That damn penguin is at the door again selling chocolate bars.

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis

Hmm. Can't blame the alcohol on that.
I suppose I shouldn't post when running on two hours sleep. It is the Babel deck I was thinking of. I've had that page open waiting for their pre-order to begin before I order a couple decks.

Just Fred, no you're safe. So long as my wee ones keep keep my wife and I in a drunkish, sleep deprived state, this is likely to happen again. Crap, have to grab the bat. That damn penguin is at the door again selling chocolate bars.

It's all fun and games until you smash your kid across the forehead with a bat. Go to sleep, mate. (: