You are Here:
Put this shit on a deck of cards and... profit?

Author (Read 1149 times)

Put this shit on a deck of cards and... profit?
« on: June 21, 2013, 02:26:43 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
My question is whether or not they will fan. Still, plastic decks don't fan for shit, and now you can make ANY deck a plastic deck.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57590077-1/spill-a-lot-neverwets-ready-to-coat-your-gear/

I'm gonna pick some up within a week or two and test it out. OP will deliver, I promise.
Forum Founder.

Re: Put this shit on a deck of cards and... profit?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:29:40 AM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
I saw this stuff a while ago. I wanted to get a bunch and spray my whole car with it, but then realised it wasn't clear.

I think it'll make the cards way too slippery. As soon as you get them out of the box, you'll be playing 54 card pick up, left with just a joker and an ad card in your hands. And that's just IF you can get them out of the box!
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:43:08 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
They're developing a clear version of it!

There are so many applications for it, though.

Put it on your teeth, no more cavities?

Put it on the bottoms of your shoes, pour water on sidewalk, skating in the summer heat?

Imagine the pranks you could play with this. Or the horrible things you could do. Coat random parts of a pool sidewalk in it, everyone will be slipping and falling.

Want someone killed? Coat their tires in it, making them unable to brake at high speeds or in the rain.

Want to be invincible in paintball? Now you know how.

And the applications for magic sound crazy.

Imagine putting this stuff in a specific patter on your shirt. Take your shirt off and ask someone to douse it in water. The water arranges itself in the pattern/lettering!

Better yet, at a party, figure out where the coats are being kept. Go put this stuff on a recognizable coat. Before they leave, make a bet. If you can pour X on their coat and lift the stain without touching it, you get $$$, if you can't, you buy them a new coat and give them $$$.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 09:48:04 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
There's a company that will dip your phone in a similar nano-tech waterproofing material. It permeates throughout the internals so that your phone can be dunked without any harm. It's a different product, clear, but has the same result.

Watch the videos...it's almost spooky how well that it supposedly works: http://www.liquipel.com/

I can't imagine it being successful if it makes the phone more slippery, so it might work well for cards. I just don't know how durable that it would be on a wearable surface that was flexible to boot.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:50:06 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

oh shit penis
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 10:24:11 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

oh shit penis

Damnit, I said 1-2 weeks! I'm leaving town this Tuesday and I don't want to start coating everything I own in cancer before I leave.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 12:13:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
OK, so it repels water.  But it also coats every surface.  I imagine the camera lens and flash should be OK when using Liquipel or the forthcoming clear version of Neverwet, but what about more important things with moving parts, like the speakers and microphones?  And for the headphone and charging sockets, does it permit the conduction of electricity through the surface?  What would that mean for the coating of the circuit boards, assuming it will conduct electric current?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 12:42:49 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
So...  I'm a manager at an establishment that sells this product (when I'm not drooling on my playing cards).  I watched this video last night and was floored.  I built a display this evening using most of the setups in the link provided.  This stuff is pretty amazing.  I have 64 units on hand and I guarantee I will sell them all tomorrow.  Stay tuned for the update!

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 01:27:58 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So...  I'm a manager at an establishment that sells this product (when I'm not drooling on my playing cards).  I watched this video last night and was floored.  I built a display this evening using most of the setups in the link provided.  This stuff is pretty amazing.  I have 64 units on hand and I guarantee I will sell them all tomorrow.  Stay tuned for the update!

Do you work at Home Depot?

Anyway you should buy one and share the results!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 01:36:49 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
Yes.

Probably gonna pick one up.  It's a pretty rough finish though.  Wouldn't fan.  Real cloudy as well.  It would obscure the faces and backs.  Your deck would be bulletproof, when coated, though. 

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 12:58:32 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
Didn't sell them all.  Moved about 20 units though.  I know you guys were on the edge of your seats awaiting the results!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 03:46:06 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Didn't sell them all.  Moved about 20 units though.  I know you guys were on the edge of your seats awaiting the results!
And? Did you put it in your eyes and then shoot acid into them?!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 03:14:20 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
OP will deliver, I promise.

oh shit penis

OP... dont leave me hanging like /r/whatsinthesafe, that made me angry, you wont like me when im angry
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos