You are Here:
Arrco US Regulation JUMBO + KingMagic

Author (Read 1344 times)

Arrco US Regulation JUMBO + KingMagic
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:03:51 AM »

Benjam

• True Member
Hey there everyone, I've got a bit of a conundrum...
Firstly, let me just say I love Arrco US Regulations... like seriously haha. Although they're hard to get your hands on, I noticed a lot of flourishers use Arrco US Regs with jumbo indexes, and so I thought they might be more readily available or something. So I did some research, and I've found them on this Chinese magic website called King-Magic.com. Here's the link:
http://www.king-magic.com/arrco-us-regulation-jumbo-index-blue-p-637.html

So I have a few questions that I really want answers to before I decide to buy these...

1. Does anyone know if they ever produced Jumbo Index Arrco US Regs in the Kentucky factory? Because I know from experience that what I really want are OHIO Arrcos, and I get the feeling that USPC never bothered printing Jumbo Index Arrcos when they did that reprinting run in the new plant... Essentially, can I be guaranteed that if I buy Jumbo Index Arrco US Regs, they'll be from Ohio?
From the looks of the pictures, the decks have blue seals, so that's a good sign, but I need to be sure!

2. Has anyone had any experience with buying from king-magic.com? As a whole, the site seems a tad bit dodgy, like for example I saw them selling fake Jerrys Nuggets and such... but can anyone verify that this site is legit and that I'm not going to be scammed with Chinese fakes or something?

I'm really hoping you guys can help me out and fuel my addiction for more Arrco US Regs... please hahaha

Re: Arrco US Regulation JUMBO + KingMagic
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Well, it's not impossible that they're Chicago-made Arrcos...  Kidding, it is!

I don't believe any jumbo-index Arrcos were ever made in Erlanger.

Having said that, any site selling fake Jerry's immediately becomes suspect to me.  Unless someone can personally recommend them, I wouldn't take the chance.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »

Benjam

• True Member

Having said that, any site selling fake Jerry's immediately becomes suspect to me.  Unless someone can personally recommend them, I wouldn't take the chance.

Yeah so I feel like they're either legit Ohio Arrcos, or fakes...
What I did notice though, was they've placed the Jerrys Nuggets under a "Made in China" category, while the Arrcos are in their section of cards imported from the US.. so that might be a good sign that they're at least honest about the Chinese fakes that they're selling hahaha
Therefore it's a good sign that the Arrcos are legit.. but of course I can't be sure, so I'll see if anyone else replies with something to say about king-magic.com.
Or maybe I should just order one deck and see for myself when it arrives? Maybe...

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 06:50:18 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

What I did notice though, was they've placed the Jerrys Nuggets under a "Made in China" category, while the Arrcos are in their section of cards imported from the US.. so that might be a good sign that they're at least honest about the Chinese fakes that they're selling hahaha
Therefore it's a good sign that the Arrcos are legit.. but of course I can't be sure, so I'll see if anyone else replies with something to say about king-magic.com.
Or maybe I should just order one deck and see for myself when it arrives? Maybe...

Look at it this way - it's a ten-dollar deck.  With shipping, I doubt it'll break the bank.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »

Benjam

• True Member

Look at it this way - it's a ten-dollar deck.  With shipping, I doubt it'll break the bank.

I was thinking that exactly... so I ordered 1 deck, it came to like $15 with shipping haha definitely not a bank breaker, and it'll be worth it if they ARE Ohio Arrcos, cause then I'll probably end up buying a fair few more of them :P
And if they're not... well, not too big a deal I guess, I'll just never buy from the site again haha

Only downside is, shipping takes around 3 weeks, if not more, to Australia... aaarrgh such a fucking long time to wait haha I hate that about buying online! Oh well..

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I was thinking that exactly... so I ordered 1 deck, it came to like $15 with shipping haha definitely not a bank breaker, and it'll be worth it if they ARE Ohio Arrcos, cause then I'll probably end up buying a fair few more of them :P
And if they're not... well, not too big a deal I guess, I'll just never buy from the site again haha

Only downside is, shipping takes around 3 weeks, if not more, to Australia... aaarrgh such a fucking long time to wait haha I hate that about buying online! Oh well..

Bro, if the place is in China or thereabout, it would take just as long to get here in the States, too.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 08:23:34 PM »

Benjam

• True Member

Bro, if the place is in China or thereabout, it would take just as long to get here in the States, too.

That's true, but I'm just whining in general about shipping times to Australia, especially from the USA hahaha it's no big deal...

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

That's true, but I'm just whining in general about shipping times to Australia, especially from the USA hahaha it's no big deal...

Did those jumbo-index Arrcos ever turn out to be legit?

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 02:55:59 AM »

Benjam

• True Member

Did those jumbo-index Arrcos ever turn out to be legit?

Nah it was disappointing haha I ordered one deck of "jumbo-index" Arrcos and received a deck of Kentucky printed standard index Arrcos instead (which were really really bad)... so I messaged them about it and got a delayed response explaining that they actually didn't have any Jumbo-index decks in stock in the first place (which explains why they sent me standard index).
At the very least they were happy to give me a refund, so I'm not complaining... but still a bit disappointing :P