Author (Read 2327 times)

White Artisans - theory11
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:36:46 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
So... It's a new version of one of theory11's most beautiful decks...
What do you expect it to be like?

I think it'll be extraordinary.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:37:46 AM by Joker and the Thief »
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

Re: White Artisans - theory11
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 04:52:30 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I have no problem if they're limited so long as they're not another centurions or white monarch site crash. Overall I wasn't too pleased with the first artisans; their greenish yellow backs just don't appeal to me.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:25:57 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I personally love the black Artisans and although I don't think that the whites will be anywhere near as nice, I'll be in. The embossing and gold foil against the black tuck box is a thing of beauty, especially with the beautiful spade design. I agree that the color of the card backs could have been a bit better but overall, a beautiful deck. I would love to be very wrong and see that the white scheme is even better than the black one. Just a few more days and we will find out!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
The way T11 is advertising the deck (hot and heavy) I really hope for the sake of everyone they are not limited. I don't think they will be either. Artisans are a very successful brand for t11, they should want to sell as many as they can. Making another "limited" white deck is going to the Water Well too often for T11.

In terms of better or worse then the black edition, probably the only change besides the color would be a reduction in the thickness of the box quality.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:31:04 AM by Legacy »

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The way T11 is advertising the deck (hot and heavy) I really hope for the sake of everyone they are not limited. I don't think they will be either. Artisans are a very successful brand for t11, they should want to sell as many as they can. Making another "limited" white deck is going to the Water Well too often for T11.

In terms of better or worse then the black edition, probably the only change besides the color would be a reduction in the thickness of the box quality.

Hot and heavy advertising?  I only found out about it here, today!  All I've seen is a few FB posts and a video.

T11 has toned down their advertising since the initial release of the Monarchs.

I'd guess - strictly a guess - that this isn't going to be a rare release.  They've had some trouble with their most recent - White Monarchs ring a bell to anyone?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Hot and heavy advertising?  I only found out about it here, today!  All I've seen is a few FB posts and a video.

T11 has toned down their advertising since the initial release of the Monarchs.

I'd guess - strictly a guess - that this isn't going to be a rare release.  They've had some trouble with their most recent - White Monarchs ring a bell to anyone?

3 tweets yesterday which consist of 2 photos and 1 teaser video. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about that. Just using it to support why it would be foolish to have done so (hot and heavy) if these are limited (crashes, customer agrivation, claims of overhype).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:10:17 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:08:46 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
We all see that it is a white edition of Artisans. And we all see that there is no difference in elements of design (only color). Right?

A rhetorical question "Can someone explain me than for what purpose all tose semi-hiden pictures in this particular case?".

Some children's games for infants.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
3 tweets yesterday which consist of 2 photos and 1 teaser video. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about that. Just using it to support why it would be foolish to have done so (hot and heavy) if these are limited (crashes, customer agrivation, claims of overhype).

I wouldn't call three tweets about a week before release a massive ad campaign.

We all see that it is a white edition of Artisans. And we all see that there is no difference in elements of design (only color). Right?

A rhetorical question "Can someone explain me than for what purpose all tose semi-hiden pictures in this particular case?".

Some children's games for infants.

Agreed.  It's silly, really.  All those teaser photos campaigns are lame.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:29:57 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Who does T11 think they're fooling with the teaser photos?

We all saw this coming from day one of the Black Artisans.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 08:42:27 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
So... It's a new version of one of theory11's most beautiful decks...
What do you expect it to be like?

I expect it to be identical to the ones I already have, except white background. That's pretty much it...as with all the standard color changes these days...
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Although T11 may not have covered us up with tweets and FB posts, if you follow a lot of card collectors/sties/clubs/designers/et cetera, it's all over the place. I've seen dozens of posts and e-mails about it. T11 doesn't have to do all of the work themselves...they put the info out there and it spreads like wildfire due to people forwarding/posting the info in one way or another.

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 09:15:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Although T11 may not have covered us up with tweets and FB posts, if you follow a lot of card collectors/sties/clubs/designers/et cetera, it's all over the place. I've seen dozens of posts and e-mails about it. T11 doesn't have to do all of the work themselves...they put the info out there and it spreads like wildfire due to people forwarding/posting the info in one way or another.

Well, that's not T11 hyping it - that's US hyping it.  The modern custom card hobby skews to a younger demographic and they tend to get dramatically excited more easily.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 12:03:01 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Don, that's it EXACTLY!

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 07:17:58 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, that's it EXACTLY!

Hard to blame T11 for that now, ain't it?  :))

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 11:03:51 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Got a good laugh at this weeks expose. I know Andrei reads these boards. I have to say its comical that he pokes fun at some of us (limited/unlimited, teaser/show the box but no cards even though we know what they look like already). A good laugh indeed. Well Played Andrei.

http://media.theory11.com/8407-expos%C3%A9---necessary-luxuries
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:05:49 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 02:43:35 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Unlimited, people. According to Andrei.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »

lyle

• // theory11 Ops
Hey guys!

Its me again. I lurk around here sometimes. Just thought I would throw a little something out there for you. We do advertise, and when we have a big product getting ready to roll out, we stress it more than normal. It is a part of selling a product. The Monarch deck has had the largest hype to date, simply put, because it had the potential to be the greatest deck release we ever had. It has since become, by far, our best selling deck. It has also ended up in more than one movie, in the hands of professional magicians around the world. and into places in the design world we never expected. The Artisans have, in our opinion, the highest potential of any theory11 deck since the Monarchs. We were recently blown away when David Copperfield called these cards "the greatest playing cards ever produced" in his interview with Departures Magazine. We are honored and thrilled by this.

The White Artisan deck should have been expected, as was pointed out. We didn't label the original deck "Black Edition" for no reason. The plan from the beginning was to have more than one color of this deck. It was not just an add-on, but rather a completion of the original idea. The deck is the same, except color. Don't go looking for the next big thing in playing card evolution. We all seem to get caught up in this idea that the next deck of playing cards is going to magically create world peace or solve world hunger. They are just playing cards. That said, the Artisan White Edition is another member of the Artisan family, and these cards represent where theory11 is currently at in our progress of improvement. We strive to be better and better every time we produce a new deck, and when you get your hands on the Artisan White Edition deck, you will both see and feel what these cards mean to us.

Factoids, just for confirmation's sake:

Artisan: White Edition decks are unlimited.
They will cost the same as the previous Artisan: Black Edition.
They will be available Friday, 11 AM EST at http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/white-artisans

There will be limited edition decks again in the future. Our customers want them. That said, this is not that moment. We are not the least bit afraid of a limited release, and we are more than ready for the next one. It is simply not yet the time for it.

Keep it real guys. Hit me up with any questions.

// L
// Lyle Borders
Director of Operations
www.theory11.com

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 06:55:41 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
We all seem to get caught up in this idea that the next deck of playing cards is going to magically create world peace or solve world hunger.

No, but the Charity Water and Animal Kingdom decks were steps in the right direction!  ;D

Neat series. It it going to be borderless?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 07:00:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
We all seem to get caught up in this idea that the next deck of playing cards is going to magically create world peace or solve world hunger.

No, but the Charity Water and Animal Kingdom decks were steps in the right direction!  ;D

Neat series. It it going to be borderless?

Well, he did say no changes but the color - but since the border's also white...  It will have a white border that blends into the back design!  :))

Lyle, thanks for stopping by and please feel free to be more than just a lurker.  We love hearing from company reps such as yourself, especially when they're helping to set the record straight and give us news about their new products.  Come back ANY TIME you like, comment on anything you like!

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »

lyle

• // theory11 Ops
Well, he did say no changes but the color - but since the border's also white...  It will have a white border that blends into the back design!  :))

Lyle, thanks for stopping by and please feel free to be more than just a lurker.  We love hearing from company reps such as yourself, especially when they're helping to set the record straight and give us news about their new products.  Come back ANY TIME you like, comment on anything you like!

Technically, not borderless. You will see the card back design very soon (tonight or tomorrow). We didn't just swap black and white on these cards. What we did makes for a surprisingly bold look. Same design, plus the colors you would expect, but not just a swap of color. There is a white border, and it is very obviously a border.

I will still be around here. I am now with theory11 full time, so you may see me more often. There is always lots going on, and I am happy to shed some light for you.

// L
// Lyle Borders
Director of Operations
www.theory11.com

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 09:46:23 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I waited some time to order from T11 and after I saw the release date of the new deck, I waited until today. I was glad to see that this product exists - Luxury Edition, a combination of 2 decks. I ordered two sets. Also saved me to do a choice. Last time I wanted to order wood box was not in stock. I gave them an email and they said they will come back soon. And the wood box did not come alone :)
I'am sorry that I saw Artisans shirt too late, after I made ​​the order, which emerged with White Artisans. Shirt is really cool :)
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer