Day 2: Vortex vs Galvanic

Author (Read 1469 times)

Day 2: Vortex vs Galvanic
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Hello everyone, welcome to day 2 of deck vs. The prize for today is to be randomly chosen from the list of prizes in the "How To Play: Deck Battles!" thread. As usual to win the prize you must comment backing your choice, but you don't need to comment to vote

Deck Name
Company
Release Date
Stock
Finish
Bicycle GalvanicSean Whelan2012AristocratMagic Finish
VortexAlex Issacs2012AristocratMagic Finish
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

Re: Day 2: Vortex vs Galvanic
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
The Galvanic deck just never appealed to me. I love the sci fi theme of the vortex, it started me into collecting and buying decks from kickstarter. Plus the gaff card is great. So I say Vortex.

Also where is the poll? I can not vote. :(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:45:37 AM by John B. »
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I can't vote ...

Hmmmm I'd have to go for vortex deck. First deck with aristocrat AND magic finish (unless I'm mistaken, please do correct). IMO, galvanic deck is nice but I feel it's just a copy of vortex. Use of colours on th deck is much better, custom seal of th earth and message of "welcome to earth" on th tuck box was a very nice touch. Ace of spades is a hundred times better as is th joker .. The red pips on th diamonds and hearts look like it's glowing .. More reveals than the galvanic too .. Amazing deck, two thumbs up \o/
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Sorry about not being able to vote guys, I woke up and did this before I ran to the store and forgot to put it up :/. All is good now though!
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Well John... you've made this one tough for me.  Very tough since I was a part of the making of the Vortex and a consultant to the Galvanic.  They both were using new concepts and carried out a daring exploration for card development.  The Vortex had a very unique card back in it's time, before all the new decks we've seen come out today.  But I feel like we fell short on the quality of the court cards for the Vortex.  While I helped consult the Galvanic's back design, I never really could fall in love with it's court cards.  Most industries can develop the so called " NEW THING" but still won't release it for years because they know the market is not ready to accept the change.  I don't think I was ready for such a big change for the court cards for Galvanic.  I do think that the Vortex was more innovative with the box design and the gaffs we're daring as well.  So I'll vote Vortex if I cannot settle for a tie. 

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »

flyers3003

• True Member
I prefer the courts of Vortex, so Vortex for me.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Vortex for me! I has so much pizazz. I liked the galaxy theme for both decks, but the cyborgs on the Galvanic creeped me out.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Galvanic is getting creamed by vortex, where are the creators when you need them? I believe they are both on this site and I would love to hear their input.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:47:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I like both decks.  I think the Galvanic courts are quite nice compared to the Vortex courts - Vortex courts have some strange faces on them.  But I have to say Vortex FTW because the full-custom design was more appealing to me than the USPC faces on the spot cards used by Galvanic.  I like the Vortex AoS and the back more, as well.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »

joaofranciscopereira

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
Hello everyone,

I really love both decks, but I believe that the Vortex is more appealing to the eye than the Galvanic in everyting, ace, court cards, back design, box design, I only prefer the Galvanic jokers, but my vote is for sure going to the Vortex.

My facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/#!/joaofrancisco.reis.pereira

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 03:13:40 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Galvanic is getting creamed by vortex, where are the creators when you need them? I believe they are both on this site and I would love to hear their input.

I was surprised to see my deck in a poll (I let John have full control over this board). I didn't really expect Galvanic to win here. I don't know, I love that deck. I still have the signed one he sent me in my displayed collection, and I make it a point to only put the best of the best into that.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
I was surprised to see my deck in a poll (I let John have full control over this board). I didn't really expect Galvanic to win here. I don't know, I love that deck. I still have the signed one he sent me in my displayed collection, and I make it a point to only put the best of the best into that.

I was surprised to see your deck in a poll to, my servants do my aether posting.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »

volantangel

• True Member
My vote goes to Galvanic, the vortex deck has one of the worst court cards ever, sorry but its just a terrible attempt at customisation, perhaps this isnt the best forum to express my view but who cares, you wanted my honest opinion right?

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 05:22:32 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Vortex is todays winner! Kpopfever605 is also the winner of the aether prize. Please PM me for details.

Please check out day 3 located here: http://aethercards.com/discourse/deck-battles-(alpha)/day-3-legends-vs-pr1me/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:35:57 PM by john »