You are Here:
David Blaine Split Spades Gaffs

Author (Read 817 times)

David Blaine Split Spades Gaffs
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I was just running through some old DB videos for inspiration and saw this card with a 3 of hearts reveal on the AoS of the split spades deck. It was a trick from the Dive of Death special. I know the split spades has some gaffs created like those that came with the recent split spades variety box, but after seeing this vid I think there is bound to be more. I am pretty interested in gaff and their potential. Anyone has other gaff ,other than the ones mentioned, from the split spades deck that they would like to share?

Re: David Blaine Split Spades Gaffs
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
David made a card with the appearance of multiple card backs on the back and a joker on the front - someone here was selling a signed version.

I guarantee you that David made many, many gaffs for the Split Spades Lions - and probably the other decks as well.  These designs are for decks that he uses in performances.  In many cases, the decks were intended for his personal use, only later to be released for sale.

That same packet of gaff cards was sold originally as part of a "magician's set" of Split Spades - blue Lions, red Lions and the packet in a two-deck box.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:58:38 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: David Blaine Split Spades Gaffs
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I remember that joker one now. He signed those and gave them out for a period of time right?