Re: NEW DECK- Floral Deck from Aloys
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I picked up a couple decks! Great design Aloys!

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
647 decks for the rest of you I got my 3!

Alex, Have a look at the top left of the page should be a My account link should have you order details in there.
Also did you get a paypal confirmation email?

Yes I did, but as I got my confirmation, I rest assured they will ship my order!
I got my 5 pack! By the way I got my aurums some weeks ago, they worth each dollar! However
is kind like expensive to keep buying decks with prices that high.

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
12 bucks per? I grudgingly accepted that price on the Aurum deck but I'm gonna have to pass on this one

also a bit hard to believe only 650 decks will be released. the economist/businessman in me is shouting bullshit so hard at that

I hope you are right about the 650 decks release, as one of your old posts about extreme small prints, I have to agree, it's really bad to collectors, Sr!

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
well the "bad for collectors" thing is somewhat besides the point. The minimum print for a deck run is 2500 IIRC, so Aloys will be sitting on 1850 decks if only 650 get released. I'm not sure how much it costs for a minimum print run at USPCC, but if your goal is to make money, sitting on nearly 75% of a deck run is a great way to go out of business fast.

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer

hmmm Sr they announced that:
"650 decks will be released. These will never be sold again!"
Do you believe that they are going to give the rest of the decks as a gift
for buyers of other products? (btw products they don´t have right now)

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

hmmm Sr they announced that:
"650 decks will be released. These will never be sold again!"
Do you believe that they are going to give the rest of the decks as a gift
for buyers of other products? (btw products they don´t have right now)

Guys, to play devil's advocate, it's not that far-fetched to withhold a chunk of a print run for personal use.  David Blaine does it all the time.  Most of his decks were designed originally for him to use personally and were only later released to the public.

Having said that, I know who David Blaine is, but I have no clue who Aloys is.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I'm aware of that but I doubt that's the case

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 07:55:12 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
BLACK FLORAL COLLECTOR BOX - RELEASED TODAY AT 8PM EST

Collector's box' Only 175 in stock ! $49.95 !will be released at 8 P.M. (EST) this Friday (Jan 25th).
http://www.aloysstudio.com/goods-41723.html

Info:
"Collector's box', our new product, will be available in our store.

We know how important it is to keep your cards in the best shape possible, especially for passionate cardists and hard working magicians such as yourself. The COLLECTOR BOX will always keep your cards in top condition and with some added style to your image.

'Collector's box', our new product, will be available in our store with a limited production of 175 boxes.
This is the only way to get the collection of black deck publicly. The collection box includes a red deck, a black deck, a collection box and the unique certification.

We are proud to present the Aloys Collection exclusively to you, our loyal supporter!! AND for an added treat, we are offering a free gift as a small token of our appreciation for your support.

If you buy 2 Floral Collector ,our will as a free gift(Floral limited Clips) to you ."

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I had 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket I would probably buy that. looks really nice

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »

PlayingKards

These cards and the whole idea of only 500 decks sounds like crap to me. They are trying to make there cards ''rare'' just by saying theres only 500 decks? Sounds pathetic. I won't be buying these unless I get more information on them that changes my mind.

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I received my Floral boxes today and I have to say that I am very pleased! They were packaged EXCEPTIONALLY well. The boxes themselves are much higher quality than I was expecting. They are well constructed, sturdy, and the black finish is very smooth, very piano-like. The silver foil Floral logo on the lid is centered, and a high quality print. The inside of the compartment that holds the cards is flocked to provide additional protection for the cards. I have quite a few Red Floral decks already, and it's nice to have some Black Florals now as well. The design is even more striking in black! My only gripe is that I wish that the box itself, as well as the two card decks, were numbered to match the card insert. Maybe a special seal with the number, or something along those lines, even if that meant no cellophane. Overall, a beautiful set and worth the selling price and more!

I don't have a use for clips but the included Floral one is very nice, and well made and a good logo cut, considering the tough bamboo construction. It's a nice addition.

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »

g-low

I was so close to getting these upon release but the price with shipping turned me off. Too bad because they look amazing.

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:04 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
I was so close to getting these upon release but the price with shipping turned me off. Too bad because they look amazing.

And that is the exact unfortunate reason as to why the Floral Deck is not part of my collection. If the price tag was a little lower I would be looking at them right now. Too bad money doesn't come as easily to me as new projects are started on Kickstarter :))
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Hmmm...the Aloys website has "Coming soon" listed in the description for...BLACK Florals!

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
I'm a huge fan of these floral decks. And the thought of being able to purchase some black decks is exciting!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
Not so exciting when you look at the shipping prices...

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Not so exciting when you look at the shipping prices...

Yeah, the shipping is way overpriced.  I paid $11.50 for a Priority Mail package that only costs about $6 to ship...

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Got this email about six hours ago from Aloys:

"The black version of FLORAL deck will be released at eight o’clock (EST) in the evening on the 12th this month.
This is an amazing deck which looks nobler than the red deck."

Now this I'm looking forward to!

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »

magimago

Usually i prefer black decks, in this case, red is my fav.
Game or Thrones is addicting

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

I am partial to black decks as well and that holds true for the Floral decks. Due mainly to the fact that it is black but also because these black decks were more difficult to obtain.

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I am partial to black decks as well and that holds true for the Floral decks. Due mainly to the fact that it is black but also because these black decks were more difficult to obtain.

You're partial to a deck - because it's more difficult to obtain?  WHY?

Does that mean if I made a limited edition of one, you'd be freakin' out trying to get it when I put it on sale, paying any price?  No matter how beautiful or ugly?

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

You're partial to a deck - because it's more difficult to obtain?  WHY?

Does that mean if I made a limited edition of one, you'd be freakin' out trying to get it when I put it on sale, paying any price?  No matter how beautiful or ugly?

I said I was partial mainly because of the color and the difficulty to obtain it was only part of the reason. And that is a perk to me :)) not necessarily an indication that I'd pay no attention to the price :P now I might freak out for a little... But it fades away. Now how aesthetically pleasing it is is of course a given.

How about this: a beautiful deck (in my opinion) that is affordable (in my opinion) is a must have for me. A deck like this can come in two colors. If one color is more difficult to obtain that color suddenly becomes just a tad more attractive than the other color. Doesn't mean they both aren't beautiful. And it definitely doesn't mean the "rarer color" rule of thumb applies to ugly and/or expensive decks.

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I said I was partial mainly because of the color and the difficulty to obtain it was only part of the reason. And that is a perk to me :)) not necessarily an indication that I'd pay no attention to the price :P now I might freak out for a little... But it fades away. Now how aesthetically pleasing it is is of course a given.

How about this: a beautiful deck (in my opinion) that is affordable (in my opinion) is a must have for me. A deck like this can come in two colors. If one color is more difficult to obtain that color suddenly becomes just a tad more attractive than the other color. Doesn't mean they both aren't beautiful. And it definitely doesn't mean the "rarer color" rule of thumb applies to ugly and/or expensive decks.

I would never consider a deck's rarity as a criteria for choosing it.  Some of my favorite decks are as common as dirt.  The closest rarity becomes a factor in my decision making is as it affects price - and a deck that's too costly to obtain is one that I stop pursuing unless I can get it more reasonably.  It's rare that I'll pay more than, say, $20-30 for a deck, unless it's vintage, and for those decks, depending on specific model, condition, etc., that's considered cheap so I'm willing to go just a bit higher.  I have a bid in right now for a deck at the 52+J auction that ends tonight.

But back to my point - a deck's rarity doesn't trigger a sudden desire in me to want it more than I did before factoring in its rarity.  In fact, rarity doesn't even factor in.

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2013, 12:11:07 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

I would never consider a deck's rarity as a criteria for choosing it.  Some of my favorite decks are as common as dirt.  The closest rarity becomes a factor in my decision making is as it affects price - and a deck that's too costly to obtain is one that I stop pursuing unless I can get it more reasonably.  It's rare that I'll pay more than, say, $20-30 for a deck, unless it's vintage, and for those decks, depending on specific model, condition, etc., that's considered cheap so I'm willing to go just a bit higher.  I have a bid in right now for a deck at the 52+J auction that ends tonight.

But back to my point - a deck's rarity doesn't trigger a sudden desire in me to want it more than I did before factoring in its rarity.  In fact, rarity doesn't even factor in.

I wouldn't consider myself a vintage deck collector seeing as I don't purposely collect vintage decks nor do I own any. With that said, I haven't spent more than $16 on any of my decks. And I guess that's something that sets us apart. Rarity does play a small roll in if I decide to buy a deck from a provider other than the original sellers.

That's why I want this black deck  ;D

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2013, 10:40:12 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I have to agree with Michael. Rarity does make me try a bit harder to get a deck, provided that I like the deck though. I have quite a number of the rare editions of the Aurum series. It's a beautiful deck in general, but I especially love the rare editions. Granted, that's a bit different (limited white numbered edition, laser cut edition, Lucite edition) since Encarded's rare editions are different than the original other than color. I like the black Florals (like the Red as well), it's just icing on the cake about the "rarity". It's like buying a limited edition art print, it has an exclusivity factor and when you decide to sell it (if you do), there's a good chance that someone else is looking for that same exclusivity. Old decks sell for much more than they originally did (even after the price is adjusted for modern dollars/inflation) due simply to rarity, and supply/demand. I like Artisans, Monarchs, Split Spades, and others and have a lot of them even though they are open editions. If I'm not a fan of the design, rarity is irrelevant since I'm not buying with the intent to resell for a profit. It's simply a matter of preference, but the fact that a lot of the "rarer" editions sell out quickly shows that at least some others have the same mentality.

I'll be online to get my black Florals because I like them, and also because there aren't 25,000 of them floating around. As always, buy what makes you happy! :-)