NEW DECK from D&D??

Author (Read 6819 times)

Re: NEW DECK from D&D??
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Non members were able to purchase the decks

Could you share the details, please?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 11:55:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

The link was leaked and a lot of non members ordered.

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 12:03:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

The link was leaked and a lot of non members ordered.

Now that's just dumb.  You'd think they'd actually verify that orders were coming from members.  So I can get all the benefits of being a member regarding exclusive releases by just waiting for some member to leak it to me?  Why join!?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 03:31:54 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
someone from the inside probably leaked intentionally. it just makes the people that got the "leaked" links so much more special and smart.it might be a marketing thing. make people feel better so they want spend money thinking they got a deal out of it.

"leak the links to the public..people who get the links will spend money like crazy and people who doesn't get it will pay for membership..win win for us!"  - DD

"sweet..leaked link to member only products. i saved money on the membership and still be able to get the perks! time to bring out the credit card..." - customer 1 (obtained leaked links)

"members only?!?!..time to buy the membership so i can be cool and get the insider stuff!" - customer 2 (unlucky person with no links)

"products are selling, memberships are selling, money is flowing in...marketing successful!" - DD

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
dam it .. couldn't purchase it .. i am currently bidding on a auction on ebay by evan .. hope that i could win , always a big fan of bruce lee now since the deck is a tribute to him i guess it will be pretty cool to own it ..

The yellow isn't racist .. bruce lee is always wearing a yellow suit when he fight

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Already found eBay auctions for these. (If you want them now, get them before they go off the grid):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fultons-Chinatown-1-Yellow-and-1-Red-deck-Dan-and-Dave-ellusionist-Rare-decks-/271038911719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1b2d94e7#ht_500wt_1203

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-DECKS-BUNDLE-Fultons-Game-of-Death-Chinatown-Clip-Joint-Private-Reserve-/120970435665?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2a665c51#ht_514wt_1186

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fultons-Chinatown-Game-of-Death-Deck-of-Playing-Cards-from-Dan-and-Dave-RARE-/130750024994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e714f0d22#ht_610wt_1186

ill trade a white monarch if anyone has a few to spare ^^

You want to get "a few" - Looks like, with one WM, you'll only be able to get one Chinatown

Limited to 333 decks? Maybe they're selling 333 but there has to be thousands more...

As much as I would like them to, I hope they don't decide to resell these with some extravagant sale for Black Friday, speaking of which is coming up soon.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »

vmagic

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I contacted D&D about non-members buying the decks and this is their response. Nice to see they are on top of things.

"Do not worry. We are in the process of canceling all non-member purchases.

Syd"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:57:46 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I can't believe I share the same hobby as this guy... Such an incredible little snitch... Writing to tell on the people who were fortunate enough to get decks and beat the system... So incredibly short in stature... And the fact that this clown would then post the personal response as if he did something grand... For shame...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:44:06 AM by jmrock »

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 12:45:41 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I can't believe I share the same hobby as this guy... Such an incredible little snitch... Writing to tell on the people who were fortunate enough to get decks and beat the system... So incredibly short in stature... And the fact that this clown would then post the personal response as if he did something grand... For shame...

I don't think the snitching was actually his point. I think he is just one of those people who want to "rain on everybody's parade". If he didn't have a membership, he would be complaining because they only released the decks to members. If you notice almost all of his posts are negative in some form. And Yes I do have a membership and did get some of these decks so he didn't ruin it for me. It's just I share the same opinion that it is in really poor taste to notify DandD and then to brag about the fact.  Its like he is a kid who wants the hotest sold out toy...not because he actually wants the toy but so he can brag to others who don't have it.

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »

runIt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

I see a kid, a whiner. I don't mind if my order gets cancelled, for sure these would be released again. What irks me is that we share the same community, We should be helping each other out, not tear everyone's shopping cart just to have his candy.

Some people are just - impossible. ::)

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »

vmagic

I didn't snitch on anyone and I wasn't bragging about anything. I just threatened to cancel my membership because it cost too much money when I could get the decks as a non-member. Any I was just letting you know what they told me. I never whined and I never complained about anything, go check my post again. I did however see a lot of whining and complaining about the fact that these were for members only. What is fair is fair I suppose and i'm sure many other members complained about it as well. You would too if you paid that much for a membership and then had non-members buying them up!

And if for some reason you think all my posts are negative then you obviously haven't seen all my posts. It is unfair to say all my posts are negative when this is far from the truth. Stop twisting everything around on me just because you share a different view point on things.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:59:40 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 02:02:33 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I didn't snitch on anyone and I wasn't bragging about anything. I just threatened to cancel my membership because it cost too much money when I could get the decks as a non-member. Any I was just letting you know what they told me. I never whined and I never complained about anything, go check my post again. I did however see a lot of whining and complaining about the fact that these were for members only. What is fair is fair I suppose and i'm sure many other members complained about it as well. You would too if you paid that much for a membership and then had non-members buying them up!

And if for some reason you think all my posts are negative then you obviously haven't seen all my posts. It is unfair to say all my posts are negative when this is far from the truth. Stop twisting everything around on me just because you share a different view point on things.

I understand they made this members only and ok since if I really want them I bet I can get them re-sell once others get them. also every post I see of yours is negative vmagic. I littarly know if I see you post you are complaining about something.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Well...after reading through two different forums about this topic, it looks like you proper screwed yourself Vmagic. I share the same opinion. You have both members and non-members of D&D saying you were in bad form crying to D&D about non members buying. This is a community (well it was once a community) where we all took care of each other. Now it is just a bunch of gouging everyone and apparently crying to the companies to get your way. What it basically boiled down to is this guy came too late to buy the decks and threw a tantrum to D&D. Now he is happy that he got the decks and wanted to flaunt it to the people that placed orders. Way to blacklist yourself. Yes, there children in this hobby, but you take the cake of all the shenanigans that have preceded your little fit to D&D.

Now, D&D was already on top of things in regards to taking care of the non member purchases. I would say that they are right in doing so. We non members will have an opportunity at a later date. No big deal. I personally didn't have the funds right now anyway. So either way this was no injustice to me. So you tattled when it wasn't even necessary and screwed yourself in the process lmfao! Congrats ??? :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »

vmagic

Funny, the only thing I see is JM and a couple others complaining about me. Sorry you feel that way about me but i'm not trying to be negative or a bad guy just trying to be reasonable about things.

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »

vmagic

Well...after reading through two different forums about this topic, it looks like you proper screwed yourself Vmagic. I share the same opinion. You have both members and non-members of D&D saying you were in bad form crying to D&D about non members buying. This is a community (well it was once a community) where we all took care of each other. Now it is just a bunch of gouging everyone and apparently crying to the companies to get your way. What it basically boiled down to is this guy came too late to buy the decks and threw a tantrum to D&D. Now he is happy that he got the decks and wanted to flaunt it to the people that placed orders. Way to blacklist yourself. Yes, there children in this hobby, but you take the cake of all the shenanigans that have preceded your little fit to D&D.

Now, D&D was already on top of things in regards to taking care of the non member purchases. I would say that they are right in doing so. We non members will have an opportunity at a later date. No big deal. I personally didn't have the funds right now anyway. So either way this was no injustice to me. So you tattled when it wasn't even necessary and screwed yourself in the process lmfao! Congrats ??? :t11:

Funny I don't see any members crying about what I did and they have no reason to do so. I wasn't throwing tantrums or crying or anything like that nor was I flaunting anything. Obviously you have misinterpreted what I said.

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover

I understand they made this members only and ok since if I really want them I bet I can get them re-sell once others get them. also every post I see of yours is negative vmagic. I littarly know if I see you post you are complaining about something.

Yes....his glass is definitely "half-empty".  If you spend your life complaining about everything in life that isn't fair, I can think of a few more topics for you to complain about. Can you send the US and Canadian goverments an email explaining that since you pay taxes it isn't fair that some people don't. While your at it, can you send WalMart an email complaining about people who have over 20 items using the express checkout line.

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
You don't see any members saying you were wrong to email D&D complaining? Really?

"And Yes I do have a membership and did get some of these decks so he didn't ruin it for me. It's just I share the same opinion that it is in really poor taste to notify DandD and then to brag about the fact.  Its like he is a kid who wants the hotest sold out toy...not because he actually wants the toy but so he can brag to others who don't have it."

That little bit was from Munro...hmmm...
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
You don't see any members saying you were wrong to email D&D complaining? Really?

"And Yes I do have a membership and did get some of these decks so he didn't ruin it for me. It's just I share the same opinion that it is in really poor taste to notify DandD and then to brag about the fact.  Its like he is a kid who wants the hotest sold out toy...not because he actually wants the toy but so he can brag to others who don't have it."

That little bit was from Munro...hmmm...

I was about to say the same thing. Also Vmagic try not to double post, you can edit a post and add to it.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »

vmagic

Well ok one member. Anyway, the fact is you guys are all calling me a whiny baby and saying that I complain but if you look over the posts it is you guys who are complaining because you didn't get the decks. You are complaining because D&D did the right thing in making sure only members got the decks. And most importantly you are complaining because you've had to cancel your Ebay auctions as a result. I have nothing to complain about, D&D are doing the right thing for members. Personally members like munro should be outraged that they paid a membership and then non-members were buying the deck and he didn't say he didn't share that opinion btw, just that he disliked the fact that I supposedly bragged about contacting D&D.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:38:36 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 02:41:08 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Holy hell, you really are blind or just simply retarded. I have not complained about anything of the such. I actually agreed with what D&D are doing and I did not even try to purchase any, more less buy some and then post them on ebay. I don't agree with that mess either. Posting something for sale that you don't even have is just plain adolescent.
My words were true to their point. That point is that you do not belong in this community. You are the person on the block to be the only one to not decorate for Christmas. You are the person in a long ass line to be the one that throws a fit about having to wait while all the others understand and keep their peace. You are the type who only looks out for themselves and willingly shits on the rest of the community. The only reason why you ratted people out is because you could not get your order in in time. You are a snitch and a child.
However, as I said, D&D is not out of line in their actions. It was intended for members only. If non members tried to play the system and got shot down...well...so be it. I read a post where that was the expected outcome. It is the non members who tried to play the system and then immediately tried to turn a profit who are the fools. But I can't hate on those who just tried to get the decks in general...because I am not a rat and I understand the word "community"
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 02:48:06 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
personally I have no opinion on whether DandD should or shouldn't have allowed non-members to purchase the cards....its not my policy. I've had my membership for over a year now...so I didn't purchase the membership with the expectation of being able to purchase the deck. To be quite honest, My issue is with the fact that even with a membership I don't think DandD promised you would have a chance to purchase the deck. They said only 333 decks would be for sale and they let each member purchase up to 12 decks (or sets however you want to look at it). I'm assuming there are more than 333 members. My point is why go to DandD and complain that non-members were purchasing the decks when you weren't ever promised one. If you want to complain, contact DandD and ask them why they didn't send you a free deck with your membership.  As I said before, to be quite honest it doesn't matter to me if they did or didn't allow non-members to purchase the deck.....I just don't like snitches....especially ones who don't have the common sense not to post bragging about the fact.

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »

vmagic

personally I have no opinion on whether DandD should or shouldn't have allowed non-members to purchase the cards....its not my policy. I've had my membership for over a year now...so I didn't purchase the membership with the expectation of being able to purchase the deck. To be quite honest, My issue is with the fact that even with a membership I don't think DandD promised you would have a chance to purchase the deck. They said only 333 decks would be for sale and they let each member purchase up to 12 decks (or sets however you want to look at it). I'm assuming there are more than 333 members. My point is why go to DandD and complain that non-members were purchasing the decks when you weren't ever promised one. If you want to complain, contact DandD and ask them why they didn't send you a free deck with your membership.  As I said before, to be quite honest it doesn't matter to me if they did or didn't allow non-members to purchase the deck.....I just don't like snitches....especially ones who don't have the common sense not to post bragging about the fact.
Holy hell, you really are blind or just simply retarded. I have not complained about anything of the such. I actually agreed with what D&D are doing and I did not even try to purchase any, more less buy some and then post them on ebay. I don't agree with that mess either. Posting something for sale that you don't even have is just plain adolescent.
My words were true to their point. That point is that you do not belong in this community. You are the person on the block to be the only one to not decorate for Christmas. You are the person in a long ass line to be the one that throws a fit about having to wait while all the others understand and keep their peace. You are the type who only looks out for themselves and willingly shits on the rest of the community. The only reason why you ratted people out is because you could not get your order in in time. You are a snitch and a child.
However, as I said, D&D is not out of line in their actions. It was intended for members only. If non members tried to play the system and got shot down...well...so be it. I read a post where that was the expected outcome. It is the non members who tried to play the system and then immediately tried to turn a profit who are the fools. But I can't hate on those who just tried to get the decks in general...because I am not a rat and I understand the word "community"

I'm glad we could agree on many things and I feel the same way about those Ebayers however I was not, nor am I, a snitch. As the response I got said, they were dealing with that, not that they would which means my message to them meant nothing. However your other points about me are completely wrong. All those things you mentioned are not me. I do decorate for Christmas, I don't throw a fit in line at the store, or anything like that. I try to be a part of this community the best I can. I have posted about several kickstarter decks in the past to bring them to the attention of the community. I try to be a good sport about things, i'm sorry if you feel otherwise. I don't understand  why some people have to turn around and blast me for everything I say. And once again I don't recall bragging about anything. And as a member I should have the opportunity to buy the cards before non-members imo.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:54:31 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
In the spirit of "fairness" and "community", I've got an idea. Since I doubt most of vmagic's youtube subscribers are DandD members and since non-members have not had a chance to purchase the deck yet and DandD haven't given a definite date when they will be available. I think to show his solidarity to the community vmagic should not review the deck on his youtube channel until they become available. After all....It isn't very "FAIR" to review a deck that your non DandD member subsribers can't purchase.

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »

vmagic

In the spirit of "fairness" and "community", I've got an idea. Since I doubt most of vmagic's youtube subscribers are DandD members and since non-members have not had a chance to purchase the deck yet and DandD haven't given a definite date when they will be available. I think to show his solidarity to the community vmagic should not review the deck on his youtube channel until they become available. After all....It isn't very "FAIR" to review a deck that your non DandD member subsribers can't purchase.

Well it's funny because many of the decks I review as it is most of my subs are unable to get, memberships or not, so I don't think they really care either way. As soon as I do an unboxing they will want a review anyway. And just so you know, I will be sending 10 of the decks (both colors) to 10 of my subs who I also happen to sponsor. I think that is pretty fair. It's not like i'm going to resell them on Ebay for $50 or anything.

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 11:42:07 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Fair enough to send 10 of your 12 to others. That is a pretty cool thing to do. So let's end this nonsense, as it has driven very far from topic. From now on, just let people do their thing V. Or...if you feel like you need to be a whistle-blower...don't post about your whistle-blowing. Pretty simple and will keep the inferno off you.
Magical as Sin!