Author (Read 418 times)

Your user profile just became 1000x more awesome
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:22:37 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So with v3 the first thing rolled out was clean profile URLs, so that you can link people to your profile here easily: http://aethercards.com/discourse/profile/USERNAME

Now you can do so much more. The limits are endless, and I'd be curious to see who can use the new profile to the maximum output.

To edit your new profile, go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Ultimate Profile

Then, begin editing!

I'll list the new things you can add below:

Buddy list: You can add friends to your list, just visit their profile and look under "Contact Me." You can also edit your profile so that buddies gain certain permissions in your profile that other users don't have!

Commenting: You can leave any comments you want on profiles now! This is especially awesome for leaving feedback for trading partners and such, or just saying hello.

Picture Gallery: You can upload your photos and images straight to the site, just go to your profile summary, click "Pictures" and click "Add Picture."

About Me: Share your bio with the world!

Media Gallery: You can embed literally anything in here, try it! Use HTML to make your media gallery sexy. Have videos to share? Artwork? You can put them in this section and create your own public media gallery.

Profile Customization: You can use HTML and CSS to give your profile a unique look.

As time goes on, I will be changing the graphics and display styles on the profile pages to make them look even sleeker.

Coming next: Embedding videos into your posts... from any video site, not just YouTube.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:24:45 AM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

Re: Your user profile just became 1000x more awesome
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:01:32 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Not sure how this fits in the PCP but it's still cool! I really like V3 and the new profile is looking great.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Yay! This is really cool! I like the buddy idea, but it's too bad there isn't any instant chat, as that would be a very cool tool.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Not sure how this fits in the PCP but it's still cool! I really like V3 and the new profile is looking great.

I'm sure he put it here because it's the most popular board.  Eventually he'll probably move it to the one of the official Aether boards.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/