You are Here:
New TBC Products

Author (Read 18881 times)

Re: New TBC Products
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2012, 10:56:58 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Meh, although I would LOVE to add a Gold Crown deck to my collection of Crowns, I don't really think there's that wide of a variety of products available on TBC's site. After all, they've only premiered for, what, a year or two now? Besides, I've already spent my $100 on Ellusionist's promotion for the Black Ghost. Sorry Guys! Hopefully everything goes well with the release. : (
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2012, 11:09:28 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think they should have done the forcing deck where half of the deck is the same and the rest are different, much more convincing.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2012, 12:12:21 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think they should have done the forcing deck where half of the deck is the same and the rest are different, much more convincing.

You could buy one normal deck and mix half and half of it :)

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »

vmagic

I ended up getting several tricks because the decks werent up yet and I didnt want to lose the gift box that landed in my cart. I ended up getting 3 gaff decks afterwards though.
The new gaff decks are a bit pricier than I was expecting so i'm not even getting them. Will cost $50 for all 4.

Sorry if there was a double post there, thought someone else had posted but I guess not.

What did you put that $100 to?

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 01:22:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I'm a pretty patient guy.  I can wait.  You can't tell me that the blue crown didnt print more than 50 or 100 gold crown decks.  Customers have been pretty adamant and demanding that they make a gold crown deck.  And Voila!!  Now the gold crown decks have surfaced and are real.  Based on what I have seen in many threads we always talk about print runs.  If it was a 5,000 print run or a 2,500 print run.  To my understanding the black crown deck was supposed to be rare, but they printed 5,000.  So if the gold crown deck is supposed to be even more rare, then I would take a guess and say they probably printed around 2,500.  Maybe the blue crown will copy what E did with the LTD decks and give them away only during promotions since they dont sell the LTD decks on there site.  Who knows. And maybe your right, maybe there wont be another chance at the gold crown.  All this is just my own speculation and my own opinion.  I'm just gonna sit back with my feet propped up and my hands behind my head and see what happens in the near future.  All I know right now is there is no reason for me to spend $100 to get a gold crown deck.

- “He that can have Patience, can have what he will." - Benjamin Franklin   ;)

Fair enough.  All I can tell you is that this deck wasn't even intended for public release when it was created.  I suspect there will be very few opportunities to get it in the future.

Don, don't tell you are going to try and be one of those first 50 people, I mean we all know you already have the Gold Crown, let some one else get some.

Yeah, I know!  I didn't even try - woke up late, nearly 9pm, didn't even look at TBC site until I was at work for nearly an hour.  I'm really itching to get some of those deck, though - as well as the 5th Assistant.

So - who got the five-deck set and who didn't?  I think you, vmagic, were one of the lucky ones, right?  Anyone else?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2012, 01:31:50 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I didn't.
But I'm a bit happy cause I really have nothing worth 100$ +50$ shipping to buy.

I'll just put my luck on next promotions.

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012, 12:48:58 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Although I didn't get them, what I'm more curious to find is what they look like. Does anyone have any pics of the cards other than the box? Forgive me if they've already been up somewhere else.

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Although I didn't get them, what I'm more curious to find is what they look like. Does anyone have any pics of the cards other than the box? Forgive me if they've already been up somewhere else.

There is no pics of the cards out yet.
Maybe we gotta wait for reviewers.

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Don did say that he had one right? Maybe he can finally show us pics of them.

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don did say that he had one right? Maybe he can finally show us pics of them.

I'd love to - but still can't.  TBC wants me to wait until their customers have theirs and post/review/etc.  Patience, patience...

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2012, 02:56:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I didnt even try to buy one. There wasnt much for me to spend $100 on besides more crown decks and the chances of getting the gold crown was slim.

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »

vmagic

I will be reviewing the deck myself as soon as I get it! Until then enjoy many other deck reviews on my channel http://youtube.com/vjose32

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Okay vmagic! - Post your reviews on these forums so we can all see! I just have a feeling that these cards look identical to the other Crown decks, just in gold, and maybe metallic.

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Even though I would have loved to get these in my collection, together with the v1's I still don't own, I didn't really attempt to get these. For a few reasons:

1: It was in the middle of the night and I didn't really wanted to wake up early
2: There wasn't much for sale that I didn't already have.
3: I would have loved to get the gaffed decks, but was a little short on money
4: TBC is not one of these companies I have to have everything off. I started a little too late with missing the v1's, so I wasn't as implicated as I am with HOPC, Circle City, Theory11, DnD...

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Don ... do you own one of the gold crown deck ?? if you have open it can you post some picture of the back design ?? and some the front if there is any changes ..

Thanks alot

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2012, 01:16:05 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Don ... do you own one of the gold crown deck ?? if you have open it can you post some picture of the back design ?? and some the front if there is any changes ..

Thanks alot

He has them but until everyone else gets theirs he can not show pics.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2012, 02:37:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Okay vmagic! - Post your reviews on these forums so we can all see! I just have a feeling that these cards look identical to the other Crown decks, just in gold, and maybe metallic.

That's pretty much it, really.  Still Arrco faces on the fronts.  I'll be showing off photos soon.

Thanks alot

He has them but until everyone else gets theirs he can not show pics.

Precisely, John.  It's not some radical redesign - they're Crown decks, after all.  I should be able to post mine sometime in the middle of next week.

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
These were given to this guy as a gift from Alex Pandrea....
If they're giving them out by the half brick, there cant be too small of an amount printed.

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The guy you're referring to is one of Alex's closest friends.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:37:12 AM by Reylek »
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
oh okay .. looking forward to the picture .. hardly seen any gold deck before

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
These were given to this guy as a gift from Alex Pandrea....
If they're giving them out by the half brick, there cant be too small of an amount printed.

By that logic, if I gave you a half-brick of Deck X, there should be a huge amount of them printed - but I could have had made only hundred decks (or even less) and perhaps I just happened to like you enough to give you a healthy chunk of them...

Did they make fifty?  Of course not.
Did they make fifty thousand?  Of course not.
But we have no way of knowing what the actual number is unless TBC decides to 'fess up.

Honestly, and this is just a guess based on what I know, I don't think there's going to ever be a whole lot of these released to the general public - at least not any time soon.  When the idea came around to make them, they were never intended for public release - just for internal use, for staff and talent, akin to how the Black Ghost 1st Edition decks originally were.  When BG1E came out, you couldn't buy, beg or steal one from E - they had to give you one, and they were only going to prominent talent in the magic/cardistry business (and probably staff members).  It was only sometime later they started offering them as a freebie for being a loyal, big-spending customer or a contest winner.

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Crown-Playing-Cards-RARE-Bicycle-Blue-Crown-LAST-DAN-DAVE-T11-/160848109875?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D772751013011248684%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26#ht_806wt_1304

Wow... $305... Shame on you for continuing to be involved in the foolishness...  Absolute insanity, which I will have no part of...
21 bids already at that amount?!?!  My gawwd.  I'm gonna laugh when the rest of us get this deck (as another promotional item down the road or what have you) for much much less.
- Adam

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Crown-Playing-Cards-RARE-Bicycle-Blue-Crown-LAST-DAN-DAVE-T11-/160848109875?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D772751013011248684%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26#ht_806wt_1304

Wow... $305... Shame on you for continuing to be involved in the foolishness...  Absolute insanity, which I will have no part of...
21 bids already at that amount?!?!  My gawwd.  I'm gonna laugh when the rest of us get this deck (as another promotional item down the road or what have you) for much much less.

I truly believe that going to happen. It happened with almost every magic company in existence, why not them?

Ellusionist had the LTD decks.
Theory11 had the White Centurions.
And I believe TBC's next.