NEW DECK- Split Spades Silver Edition
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Along with the new w White Lions Series B, it looks like a new Split Spades deck is coming soon!

Re: NEW DECK- Split Spades Silver Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
You beat me to it. That means that the first edition split spades are finally getting a second edition! I hope they sell more of these as they are one of the best handling cards and one of my go to decks when performing. Perfect example of style meets performance. The BMW 6 series convertible of playing cards. Hahaha. Looks like there might be a series b red also
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:08:20 PM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
if you look in the background of the picture just behind the white lions there is a red deck that appears to be the series two red deck because of the silver stripe
have you heard the word???

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:45:42 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
This explains why DB is clearing out some stock with those Brick Boxes. I am highly anticipating these decks. Can't wait!

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 02:01:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm on this deck like white on rice!  AND there's of course a red deck for the White Lions Series B...  Why, David?  Why do you make your cards so hard to obtain sometimes?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 02:43:47 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Really looking forward to these deck .. in my opinion the deck that DB put out is one of the better handling deck compare to other in the market ...  i am pretty upset that i didn't mange to get the $100 for 1 brick of split spades deck .. but knowing that he might have more decks coming out make me pretty excited :D 

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 03:33:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Really looking forward to these deck .. in my opinion the deck that DB put out is one of the better handling deck compare to other in the market ...  i am pretty upset that i didn't mange to get the $100 for 1 brick of split spades deck .. but knowing that he might have more decks coming out make me pretty excited :D

I'm excited, but neither my fiancee nor my wallet are following suit...

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:17:39 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Urgh... Have to say I'm a little, just a little regretful about buying that $100 brick.. I didn't anticipate the release of the silver edition.. Excited for the release, yes, but with the condition of my wallet now... it's not looking good for me.  :(

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
I agree with Don, I like these decks!!!
Thanks!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
You beat me to it. That means that the first edition split spades are finally getting a second edition! I hope they sell more of these as they are one of the best handling cards and one of my go to decks when performing. Perfect example of style meets performance. The BMW 6 series convertible of playing cards. Hahaha. Looks like there might be a series b red also

While I never had the split spade deck, I did own a BMW 645 Convertible and a BMW M6 Convertible. If the split spade deck is anything like them, it will be awesome!!!!!!

Thanks!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 08:30:17 AM »

AceOfSpades

• Newcomer
I can not wait, if the series B white lions handle anything like the series A then these will b the death of my wallet lol. Any word on a release date?

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I can not wait, if the series B white lions handle anything like the series A then these will b the death of my wallet lol. Any word on a release date?

Not that I could find, but it seems like whenever he announces a release date/time it's either later that day, or the next day, or right then and there, so he's pretty spontaneous when it comes to releases.

That is just my personal experience from since the first Variety Brick was released.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Well, I guess following his facebook page is one of the ways to make sure we don't miss the release date. That or just come here, with the efficiency that everyone is posting, I'm sure one of us will know about it and share it with everyone. :)

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 01:49:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Who wants to bet that Blaine releases these decks on the same day as the T11 and Mana releases - this Friday?

These card companies will be the death of me...

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Who wants to bet that Blaine releases these decks on the same day as the T11 and Mana releases - this Friday?

These card companies will be the death of me...

i reallly hope not. i love the blaine decks so im hoping to get a few. blaine usually is pretty good about letting his followers on twitter know when decks will be released.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Urgh... Have to say I'm a little, just a little regretful about buying that $100 brick.. I didn't anticipate the release of the silver edition.. Excited for the release, yes, but with the condition of my wallet now... it's not looking good for me.  :(
i am intersted in getting the brick

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

While I never had the split spade deck, I did own a BMW 645 Convertible and a BMW M6 Convertible. If the split spade deck is anything like them, it will be awesome!!!!!!

Thanks!
You SHOULD(highly recommended) try and get your hands on some split spades. They are worth every penny. They are one of my first custom decks when I started doing magic about 5 years ago, which was at that time super awesome and is still very awesome now.

The BMW M6 convertible is my dream retirement car(cars in Singapore are very expensive. Very Very expensive). Thanks for the follow on Twitter btw.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:28 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
They were pretty expensive here too.
Thanks!

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
They were pretty expensive here too.
Thanks!

Do u have COE that cost 80K just to own a car?

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 10:54:06 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Is COE, Certificate of Emissions? No we don't have that but they were still a lot of money new. The 645 was $90,000 and the M6 was $120,000. That's still not cheap.
Thanks!

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Is COE, Certificate of Emissions? No we don't have that but they were still a lot of money new. The 645 was $90,000 and the M6 was $120,000. That's still not cheap.
Thanks!

It is Certificate of Entitlement, If a car is 90k in US, add another 80k to it, that is our price. Seems like we can buy 2 car for the price of 1 in Singapore:D

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Let's not get off topic guys. Anyway its much more than that. We dont have 645 here but a first hand 640 and m6 are 400,000+ and 500,000+ respectively here.

Back on topic, me want some new white lions and split spades to complete my collection. Pls do not allow them to flood the secondary market and allow everyone I own suh a quality deck.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i have the his trick decks, is that the same design here? when I bought them did not think they were his trick decks and would love to have then normal version.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i have the his trick decks, is that the same design here? when I bought them did not think they were his trick decks and would love to have then normal version.

Judging from the box design, I'd say these are using the Split Spades Lions back, which is identical to the "Bicycle Split Spades" trick decks.

You should hang on to those trick decks.  While not as many people are interested in the Svengali, the stripper and marked decks are starting to crawl up in price - they're out of print and discontinued.  The stripper is a great deck, while the marked deck was at the time of its release one of the cheapest marked decks that was also of good quality.

I always carry two "go-to" decks - one of them is always the SS blue stripper deck.  The other for now is a pack of blue Bikes with an extra guarantee joker for doing a few tricks.  In time I may use the NOC deck (gotta love that extra queen of hearts!) or perhaps the Mechanic or go back to using USPC Guardians.

I'm really chomping at the bit for these new decks!  I hope my budget will survive the encounter...

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
they are open, but i barely use them, i prefer not to use trick decks, most of my spectators want to check the deck out, and they always look for markings.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.