You are Here:
NEW DECK - Blue Apollo

Author (Read 6875 times)

Re: NEW DECK - Blue Apollo
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Works for me! Only 2,500 printed, that's pretty cool! I've noticed the courts are red. Were they also red on the red Apollos?

Yes they were.
Thanks!

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I don't want to seem rude, but I don't really understand why your prices are so high bmpokerworld? It always seem like decks are around 9-12 dollar at your shop. If you live in the US and have wholesale prices when buying decks, then the retail price shouldn't be so high. Or am I mistaken? I think your shop is beautifull, but I still don't understand why your prices are so high. Really it's just a question, not an insult.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
I don't want to seem rude, but I don't really understand why your prices are so high bmpokerworld? It always seem like decks are around 9-12 dollar at your shop. If you live in the US and have wholesale prices when buying decks, then the retail price shouldn't be so high. Or am I mistaken? I think your shop is beautifull, but I still don't understand why your prices are so high. Really it's just a question, not an insult.

The price is based on our wholesale price. Are pricing on most items is very competitive. I am not sure that you have the correct wholesale cost in mind.
Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
But for example, if you have a monarch deck at 8,99, and at theory11 they're at 6,99. Normally Wholesale is better than retail, so why aren't you selling them at around 7 dollar too, because theory11 are able to sell them at these prices, so let's say you raise it 1 dollar, you should be able to sell them at 8 dollar. Again, just a question. It's true I don't really know the wholesale prices. I'm just noticing this.

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
But for example, if you have a monarch deck at 8,99, and at theory11 they're at 6,99. Normally Wholesale is better than retail, so why aren't you selling them at around 7 dollar too, because theory11 are able to sell them at these prices, so let's say you raise it 1 dollar, you should be able to sell them at 8 dollar. Again, just a question. It's true I don't really know the wholesale prices. I'm just noticing this.

Because we have to buy them from Theory11. That means we pay more than they do because they are making a profit.
Thanks!

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Ok, thanks for your reply. And to get back on topic, I'm atracted by this beautiful set I have to say... :D

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
I really wish they had recolored the joker and the court cards with blue rather than red for this version. I really like the back design of the Apollo decks and if they had changed the colors to fit with the blue back I would have already ordered some. It seems lazy that they kept the blue and red versions exactly the same on the faces.

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I really wish they had recolored the joker and the court cards with blue rather than red for this version. I really like the back design of the Apollo decks and if they had changed the colors to fit with the blue back I would have already ordered some. It seems lazy that they kept the blue and red versions exactly the same on the faces.
Yeah, I agree. I don't own the red Apollo and that is the precise reason why I asked if the coloring was the same on both versions of the deck.

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I actually enjoy the looks and colors of both the red and blue apollo decks.  I already have 3 of the red decks and ordered 3 blue decks from bmpokerworld this morning.  Looking forward to to receiving many goodies next week.
- Adam

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »

vmagic

Why should they change the colors of the faces and why does that make them lazy? You don't see USPC changing the colors of their faces every time they make a different colored Rider Back so why should anyone else be different? Nobody ever called USPC lazy, to my knowledge, for producing so many different colors of Rider Backs or Standards and not changing the faces.

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:55 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
But USPC is the standard in playing cards. The rider backs or not supposed to be custom. They're made to handlle well, to use them. The Apollo deck is much more of a custom deck. Here is aestethic important. It's why the deck was made. Not because of the handling, but because of the design. So the USPC decks are made to handle well, and that's what they do. The Apollo deck are made to be custom, and that's what they don't do. They only have to care about design, and they don't push it enough. USPCC doesn't really 'care' about design. Do you understand what I mean? The purpose of the Apollo was custom design, the purpose of rider backs are good handling, and usability.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
But USPC is the standard in playing cards. The rider backs or not supposed to be custom. They're made to handlle well, to use them. The Apollo deck is much more of a custom deck. Here is aestethic important. It's why the deck was made. Not because of the handling, but because of the design. So the USPC decks are made to handle well, and that's what they do. The Apollo deck are made to be custom, and that's what they don't do. They only have to care about design, and they don't push it enough. USPCC doesn't really 'care' about design. Do you understand what I mean? The purpose of the Apollo was custom design, the purpose of rider backs are good handling, and usability.

Really couldn't have said it better myself :)