Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Okay. I have now had a problem with Ellusionist.com with an order.

I was given store credit back in March because of a faulty product and I ordered what I wanted: A Close-up Mat and a Black Arcane. The next day I receive an order confirmation and have been waiting since. Keep in mind this was in the START OF MARCH! and it is now June. Usually only takes 1 month tops for orders from Ellusionist to get to Australia. It has now been two months and am waiting for my Close-up mat for the Channel I am controlling for my Sponsor. I have sent them an Email to see if I can get this fixed and hopefully will get a response soon.

What are your stories about issues like this? Has it been this bad? I would be very interested to hear!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: Problems from Major Magic Companies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »

Assassino13

• YouTube:
I've actually never had a problem with E's customer service. They always respond and fix my problem A.S.A.P.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I haven't really experienced any problems with any magic company so far, except for a few (I forgot their names), where my decks did not show up. One explanation for that is that they were international sellers and customs is a paid. Although I was refunded from one of the sellers, the other seller didn't respond very fondly. Luckily, I only purchased one deck, so the price wasn't really big. The only future problem I see with magic companies is the likelihood a package won't show up. Although I've never not received a package from a high-scale magic company, I am always somewhat worried that the package will not arrive, and that they might screw up my order. I guess my trust is up in a whack.

The only slight "problem" I received from a magic company was from The Blue Crown. During their Labor Day promotions, if you ordered a certain amount, you'd qualify for some free gifts. The were giving away Green Crowns, Reveal Seals, and I believe autograph sets of their Art Book. Immediately, I aimed for their autographed art books, but when I ordered, they just announced that all their autographed copies have sold out. Because of that, I had to cancel my original order (Order #1 - qualified for art book) and order something different (Order #2 - did not qualify for art book). When my package arrived, my packing slip was from Order #1, while my items were from Order #2. With the incorrect packing slip and the correct items, I also received the Art Book I longed for. Unfortunately, it was unsigned, but, hey, it was a accident. After my shock, I emailed The Blue Crown and, in the end, they said I could keep the book. So, although it wasn't a negative problem, that was the only slight problem I ever received from any magic company in the long run. What do you guys think?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
So far, I've never had any problems with any magic companies including E, t11, BC, handlordz. For the most part, I believe E is the best among those that i've ordered from. Their customer service have always been prompt and sometimes enquiries unrelated to purchases are responded within a few days as well.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 01:14:17 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
So far I haven't had such problems. Only issue for me is T11's packaging.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:34:56 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
With my issue, Mrs. Sad Arrieta said she never received a response from me, even though I received an order confirmation. we are sorting it out at the moment and I am asking if they could bump up the shipping because I need it with a month, not a month or later.
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
With my issue, Mrs. Sad Arrieta said she never received a response from me, even though I received an order confirmation. we are sorting it out at the moment and I am asking if they could bump up the shipping because I need it with a month, not a month or later.

"Sad Arrieta"?

The few times I've had issues, I contacted the company in question and the issue got resolved.  Once I got a Black Ghost 1st Edition for my trouble.  Once I got to meet David Blaine, eat with him and his team and received many nice gifts!  Once I got to personally swap out some damaged Black Crowns for undamaged ones with someone from Blue Crown.  Once, I got a free deck handed to me by Alex Pandrea to replace a misprinted one, plus tips on how to use the misprinted card as a gaff card!

Perhaps next time you should use your account to track the progress and not wait so long to make an inquiry!  You may be overseas, but it's not like your mail gets transported by clipper ship...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/