You are Here:
NEW DECK -- DB White Lions - Series "B" Blue

Author (Read 26901 times)

Re: NEW DECK -- DB White Lions - Series "B" Blue
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »

amateur101

I got mine! I was scared because for a while I was getting a message saying that they were all sold out, but after a few minutes my patience prevailed and allowed me to pick some up. I'm slightly upset that he changed the jokers and the ace of spades since I never had the original White Lions, and never got to personally witness the simple-yet-stunning AoS, along with those amazing jokers (my favorite jokers of all time). Let's just hope they keep the card that teaches you how to throw a playing card (although I can already throw cards, it's the simple things like that which excite me).

I'll be sure to let you know if they throw something special in it, I remember watching a video on youtube where someone contact their support about their wrong order on the variety box and recieved a collectors box with a sealed red lions and another one signed :/
That was me  :)

Man you are one lucky person, lets hoping they mess up my order :D

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 01:16:33 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I'll be sure to let you know if they throw something special in it, I remember watching a video on youtube where someone contact their support about their wrong order on the variety box and recieved a collectors box with a sealed red lions and another one signed :/
I got a collector box with a sepia box SS and a red SS both signed. love their customer service.

btw the limit now is 144 decks. one gross??

did they mess up your order?
I purchased a black SS which had a cut in my double backer. i emailed them a picture of it and they sent me those as replacement as they did not have anymore black SS

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Well, they are finally sold out now.  Im actually very surprised they took this long to sell out.  I figured at the most a couple hours.   I was way off....  None the less, I got my brick and am happy.
- Adam

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

anep21

• Elite Member
i think they print more than 25k so that they can sell it cheap and every one can buy it.

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
i think they print more than 25k so that they can sell it cheap and every one can buy it.

I'm inclined to agree - big print run.  Often when someone doesn't announce print run size, it's probably a run of well over 5K.  Until the 5K-run Chinatown deck, D&D never stated print run size.  Since that took a LONG time to sell out, I'm guessing they won't do that again anytime soon.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:22:08 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Im sure you meant 2500 (2.5k) instead of 25,000 (25k).
- Adam

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
is it possible to request for a signed deck? If so did anyone email them and have gotten a reply?

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Im sure you meant 2500 (2.5k) instead of 25,000 (25k).

25K might not be off the mark.  What quantities do you think the big companies order for their decks?  Hint: they only buy 5K or less on RARE decks.  25K print runs from a company like E for their most popular decks (Masters, Ghost, Arcane, etc.) would not be beyond the pale.  It's why they took so long to sell out of some models that still were selling with UV500 stock.

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I had asked on E's FB page how many Blue Artifice V1's were printed and they said about 100,000 (one hundred Thousand. And those are considered a medium rare deck.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2012, 11:50:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I had asked on E's FB page how many Blue Artifice V1's were printed and they said about 100,000 (one hundred Thousand. And those are considered a medium rare deck.

This doesn't surprise me one bit.  The blue v1 decks are only "rare" simply because they're out of print with no more ever to be made, not because of anything to do with quantity created.

Quantity available and price of a deck often don't move in anything resembling a linear fashion from deck to deck.  Jerry's Nugget decks were easily made in the tens of thousands, and they cost way more than any short-run deck of this age.  Even counting nothing but recent decks (<10 years old), countless uinque issues of 5,000 decks sell for amazingly different amounts of money in the aftermarket.  While being out of print is a factor, a bigger factor is what people are willing to pay for it at a given point in time.  Some are practically cheap as dirt, others run into the triple-digits.

But back to the topic...

Anep21, I suspect this might have been printed in a larger number than the Series A Blue simply because DB Productions knew there was a pent-up demand for the deck.  The fact that they didn't charge gouger's prices for them is laudable.

What I'm dying to know is - what about the White Lions BLACK LABEL decks...?  Who here wouldn't want to get a hold of a silver-metal version of the White Lions?  Let's just hope that 1) they aren't insanely rare like the purple "Rainbow" Series A decks, and 2) they won't just be dropped on the market as a big surprise, only to vanish without a trace before half of us know they were even available.  I missed out on the Split Spades Lions VB because I simply never saw it coming - I didn't even have the "deer-in-the-headlights" look; I was looking away somewhere when the truck hit!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:51:33 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I got myself a brick of these. I loved the series a deck and only had a few of them so I decided to stock up on this series. Beautiful deck!

@Don, The black label is something I'm curious about too! The deck looked stunning. Hopefully it won't pass us by haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »

Cardist888

Yea i ordered a brick too. I never had a deck of white lions or ss before. Also i have some questions.
Where does david blaine ship there decks and also do you need to sign something when your package comes cause might not be at home     -_-

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I got myself a brick of these. I loved the series a deck and only had a few of them so I decided to stock up on this series. Beautiful deck!

@Don, The black label is something I'm curious about too! The deck looked stunning. Hopefully it won't pass us by haha

Brown Baggs? YOU'RE BACK!  :D Great to see you on here again.  :)

Although I want the Black label, I also really want the Silver Split Spades. I'm guessing they will be released in a set of two, and will only be available with a larger purchase (like the Red White Lions). I might be wrong about the Split Spades, but I feel the black label decks will almost definately be "Reserved for David's personal use", with few being available to the public.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
The perk of living right outside of NYC is you get packages in 1 day sent from there... Needless to say i got my package and sadly they did not come with the silver split spades or black label white lions.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Although I want the Black label, I also really want the Silver Split Spades. I'm guessing they will be released in a set of two, and will only be available with a larger purchase (like the Red White Lions). I might be wrong about the Split Spades, but I feel the black label decks will almost definately be "Reserved for David's personal use", with few being available to the public.

Yeah, Brown Baggs - long time no hear!

Loldudex2: I don't think this is a "David's reserve" situation.  The initial print run was "David's reserve" - this is just for the customers.

Cardist888: Blaine ships from his offices in downtown New York.  Usually they come by mail, no signature required, but in a box too big to fit in a small mailbox.  I use a PO Box for all of my mail so it's not an issue, but if you don't, you might want to have it sent to someone who can receive it when you're not home.

John: what did you expect?  :))  It's not like you ORDERED the Silver SS Lions or the Black Label decks, right?

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Yeah, Brown Baggs - long time no hear!

Loldudex2: I don't think this is a "David's reserve" situation.  The initial print run was "David's reserve" - this is just for the customers.

Cardist888: Blaine ships from his offices in downtown New York.  Usually they come by mail, no signature required, but in a box too big to fit in a small mailbox.  I use a PO Box for all of my mail so it's not an issue, but if you don't, you might want to have it sent to someone who can receive it when you're not home.

John: what did you expect?  :))  It's not like you ORDERED the Silver SS Lions or the Black Label decks, right?

Well there was speculation that you might get a set if you bought a brick. I bought a brick, actually a brick and a half. Just thought i would cause disappointment now and prevent it later when people open brick packages. :P
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Well there was speculation that you might get a set if you bought a brick. I bought a brick, actually a brick and a half. Just thought i would cause disappointment now and prevent it later when people open brick packages. :P

Oh.  BUT - what if they only put them in RANDOMLY-SELECTED brick boxes?  Hmm?   ;D :-[ :-\ :( :o

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2012, 12:05:07 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Oh.  BUT - what if they only put them in RANDOMLY-SELECTED brick boxes?  Hmm?   ;D :-[ :-\ :( :o

Then i will be depressed, cry, sit in a corner, cry, use the cards, cry etc etc...

They are some seriously nice cards though for anyone wondering. I haven't handled the v1 so i don't know if they are similar but they handle amazingly well. Better then most of the decks on the market these days.

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2012, 12:14:55 AM »

Cardist888

Thanks john :)
Wow i live in new york city and i didnt get them yet!  :o
Maybe i wrote the wrong adress? Lol but it can happen cause i was typing in my billing adress so fast! -_-

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Thanks john :)
Wow i live in new york city and i didnt get them yet!  :o
Maybe i wrote the wrong adress? Lol but it can happen cause i was typing in my billing adress so fast! -_-

Don't feel so bad - I'm in New York and mine didn't arrive yet, either.  I do operate out of a PO Box in lower Westchester, but the delivery time should be just as quick.  Only way to get it faster would likely be to live in the same ZIP code as his office!

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2012, 02:18:32 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Haha thanks guys! My account was all screwed up and I finally got reconnected! It's nice to be back. I think you're right Loldude, those will most likely be hard to obtain unless you're willing to shell out a lot of cash. The only reason I have a deck of red white lions is because of the 100 limited edition bricks he released. Man I would love to get a black label though. I think I would give a nice sum for some of them haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Has anybody NOT received their shipping confirmation yet??

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

I have my decks already and i never got one.

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I have my decks already and i never got one.

I seem to remember that DB Productions doesn't usually send shipping confirmations.  I've never received one.

« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2012, 09:51:49 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
My mind is at ease :) thank you guys