You are Here:
White Monarchs by T11 (White Gold Monarchs)

Author (Read 43727 times)

Re: Theory11 White Monarch
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't even like them all that much, but wanted to get a couple to study the box details which I'd like to see up close to see what works well, as Aurum may have some fine gold work and embossing on it. Oh well, guess it's not going to happen this time either.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
if that the case why not you just get a normal monarchs ?

« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I have those already. :)  I want to see what they mean by "pearl white"
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
if that the case why not you just get a normal monarchs ?

send me link man ^^

« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Yup. Another failure. I hope this will totally fail and they will decide to release more at the same time, making this deck beautiful rather than beautifully limited.

« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I know a lot of people will bash Theory 11 again but I think it's a little unfair and childish, am I happy with the situation? No but come on guys all the hate over on Facebook is silly and I like limited releases like this, genuine limited decks come with this hassle, I've missed out on decks due to server issues in the past and it's annoying but it's not that bad. Magic con missed, white cents missed, Gold monarch missed and I complained about the gold monarchs but later apologized due to my childish behavior. Good luck everyone
UC

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The problem I have isn't the fact that their servers are crashing. It's the fact that they are selling this beautiful deck in a very limited quantity just to make their reputation increase and incite people to buy other products so they can be entered for a chance to win some White Monarchs. By doing this they aren't really being respectful to their customers since they are putting their business WAY in front of them.

NEWS FLASH: "We scaled up our servers times FIVE to brace for demand today, and our servers were still overloaded! We are very sorry - and we are very thankful for your support.

Because we do not want to keep you guys waiting, the release event of White Monarchs today will be postponed until we are more confident in our ability to handle the MASSIVE demand. We will post the new date and time shortly!" - Theory11
Great! Looks like we'll have to wait some more days. Just great!

« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I guess my post cursing T11 was removed... but I stand by the statement... I even connected directly to the ethernet to avoid wireless lag... at 11:00 on the nose the servers were down... As one of their fans, its shameful...

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2012, 12:20:24 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Rumors on their facebook page say:
Next Release Window: Friday, June 8th, 2012 at 11:00am EDT [250 Decks]
Why would they be reducing the amount of decks released though? I think many people will give up this time around though.

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I saw the time on FB, posted by T11, but not the limit.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I got an email confirmation almost right as they announced they were postponing the release again. We'll see what happens....

« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I just double checked the FB posts.  They're re-opening the sale on Friday next week at 11am again, but they did not state any limit on how many will be released.  I'm guessing it will be at least 500.  Someone else posted the limit as though it was fact.

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
So. A 2 week delay. Everytime some more people get the deck, and everytime they release 500 more. So in total MUCH more than 500 decks will be out on the market, this deck will be resold for enormous prices, all of their customers will be unhappy, and what will they have gained? A reputation similar to that of D&D? I think they are pushing it too far. 2 failures so far, how many will it take for them to realise their mistake? Plus, if the servers crashed last time while being boosted 4 times, why try again at a time that works for both North America and Europe, and boost it barely more than last time?

« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I got an email confirmation almost right as they announced they were postponing the release again. We'll see what happens....
just a quick question, does getting a confirmation email confirm your order?

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So. A 2 week delay. Everytime some more people get the deck, and everytime they release 500 more. So in total MUCH more than 500 decks will be out on the market, this deck will be resold for enormous prices, all of their customers will be unhappy, and what will they have gained? A reputation similar to that of D&D? I think they are pushing it too far. 2 failures so far, how many will it take for them to realise their mistake? Plus, if the servers crashed last time while being boosted 4 times, why try again at a time that works for both North America and Europe, and boost it barely more than last time?

2-week delay?  They go on sale again a week from today at 11am.  That's one week.

This is definitely putting a dent in T11's rep, which was damaged badly enough when the original Monarchs went on sale.  They were being touted as the best thing since the Second Coming but turned out to be pretty average.  I like them myself, but the hype was overblown.

just a quick question, does getting a confirmation email confirm your order?

Yes.  I got one as well.  Hence the word "confirmation".  The email "confirms" your order...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:12:30 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Just got 3 in the cart and I was at the shipping section but it's slow, keep trying. JB said the following on Facebook:

''you might be able to get through, but our servers are still getting hammered. Our recommendation would be to wait until the next release window once we have resolved these technical issues 100%. Very sorry about the issues today and promise that this will not happen again. -// jb.
UC

« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
I think they shouldn't do major releases like this. It floods the servers and causes unnecessary problems.  Tell you customers that the deck will go on sale "Next week".  Then put it out there whenever you feel like it.  Sure you will have bots, and people rapidly refreshing and hitting your site, but the influx of traffic will be significantly less.  Even if when they DO go on sale, posts flood facebook and forums, it will still take a couple hours for the message to reach everyone, you inherently defeat the 'boom' of traffic problem.

And yes, of course you will have the issue of people complaining that you released them at an unfair time for the time zone they live in and it wasn't fair because not everyone had an even shot at it, but such is life.  If you want to release 250-500 at a time, you can just tell people that there will be another chance next week, and don't pick the same day/time every week.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Just got 3 in the cart and I was at the shipping section but it's slow, keep trying. JB said the following on Facebook:

''you might be able to get through, but our servers are still getting hammered. Our recommendation would be to wait until the next release window once we have resolved these technical issues 100%. Very sorry about the issues today and promise that this will not happen again. -// jb.

Same here. I have 3 in my cart, and I'm waiting and constantly refreshing. I'm about to give up any minute.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran

Same here. I have 3 in my cart, and I'm waiting and constantly refreshing. I'm about to give up any minute.

Keep trying as some people on Facebook are getting through, unless of course you need to be elsewhere.
UC

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
What would be nice for them to do is release 2 batches again, but to prevent crashes, have one at 9AM and one at 9PM eastern time. And to please every time zone, only time zones East of the Meridian of Greenwich would be able to buy at 9AM EDT, and only time zones West of the Meridian would be able to check out at 9PM EDT. They would be able to check people don't cheat buy restricting people who checkout in countries not belonging to that hemisphere. Complicated, but possible.

« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Finally got my order confirmation in! :D

« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Keep trying as some people on Facebook are getting through, unless of course you need to be elsewhere.

I finally got into my cart, with the 3 White Monarchs in my cart. I waited and waited, and I finally got to my cart. I entered everything, but it said there are none available........

Needless to say, I'm quite frustrated (as I'm sure everyone is).
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2012, 01:53:06 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
About to give up and then yes, just got through and got my confirmation, 3 hours man. Dont give up if you have the time.
UC

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2012, 01:57:30 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
If you have them in your cart and have not closed your window.. keep trying.. mine JUST went through

3 decks.. 2 hours and 53 minutes after launch

Confirmation e-mail and everything
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2012, 01:59:41 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
About to give up and then yes, just got through and got my confirmation, 3 hours man. Don't give up if you have the time.

It's not as much about giving up, as much as it is that they won't sell them to me because they are out. I'm doing this on my iPhone, so I have all the time in the world, but when I logged in, although I have three in my cart, it says that there are none left.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!