You are Here:
White Monarchs by T11 (White Gold Monarchs)

Author (Read 44100 times)

Re: Theory11 White Monarch
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2012, 07:51:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow, looks like T11 are getting a lot of criticism on their forums for this sale.

« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Wow, looks like T11 are getting a lot of criticism on their forums for this sale.

Ehh, a few disgruntled people. I think the majority can agree that this is the best solution aside from printing enough for everybody

« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2012, 08:18:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Couldn't they have done this before though? Didn't they know something like this would happen? I'm pretty sure they already had this all in mind: they had talked about giving them away in contests and prizes and such, and it seems like this was a long-though-out plan. It seems frustrating for not only the buyers, but also those who spent hours waiting for their order to process. Also, we can see they printed more than 500, probably even 5,000, since they are pretty sure they'll have enough for everyone for 12 hours.

« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
I agree, but before is before. I still think this its the best option. I hope they do this again actually because it gives me an excuse to buy a crap load of cool cards and magic stuff!

« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Couldn't they have done this before though? Didn't they know something like this would happen? I'm pretty sure they already had this all in mind: they had talked about giving them away in contests and prizes and such, and it seems like this was a long-though-out plan. It seems frustrating for not only the buyers, but also those who spent hours waiting for their order to process. Also, we can see they printed more than 500, probably even 5,000, since they are pretty sure they'll have enough for everyone for 12 hours.
I think what they are doing is good. They sold some people them for cheap, now they are getting rid of them for a bit more money. Why should they give a Sh*t what people paid in the aftermarket, that's their problem. This is IMO the best thing they could do.

For me I was planning on making an order last night but held off, so I am just going to wait until Firday and get these for free with my order. I am extremely happy!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:34:04 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well, I'm glad I sold a couple of decks when I did.

After this sale, the value is dropping faster than Facebook stock.
And, to have the uncuts available for 12 hours straight?  how many did they print? 
If blaine could get 100 people to spend 100 in a few hours, I really think that T11 will get HUNDREDS of $100 orders..  They have almost 70,000 followers on FB.  So with the potential of their being 200-1000 uncuts out there, highly diminishes the value of it.  I'll pass.

I asked this on the T11 thread..

"If there are no more riddles and speculation...

How many decks of White Monarchs were printed?

and how many uncuts? "

I think more of you should post the same question
They are being very secretive about all of this
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
They say they THINK they have enough to support the 12 hours sale... Really? I doubt a 5000 print run can't support that..

they have 69,780 likes on facebook, say 20% of those are willing to buy just something over $50 but less than $100 to get only the deck. That would already be 13,956 decks given away, 14,000 rounded up!!

For uncuts, say just 5% within the 20% of the people willing to buy pays more than $100 to get the uncut as well. That's still almost 700 uncuts!!!  :o certainly not limited if you ask me.

Note: My values are in no way related to any statistical data, if any, available anywhere and may not be an accurate assumption. It is just my personal opinion and rough estimate on this matter seeing hot this deck is now.

« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »

Mago

sometimes i think company lie on there print run. cause Ellusionist still have  the gold arcane available after all the promotions they have done. Same goes for the red artifice. As for the value i didnt think it will drop a lot cause the ltd decks and red artifice are still around the same price and Ellusionist has had deals like this go for days. But it might im also glad i sold a few on the price i sold them at.
"A deck of cards is  like a bottle of wine the older the better"!!!!

« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2012, 10:03:27 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
I can't say that thought hasn't crossed my mind before this.  Considering the amount of collectors and playing enthusiasts, companies with this kind of reputation(70,000 likes on fb) generally has enough supporters that I don't think a 5000 print run is enough. Sure not everyone is willing to spend $50, $75 or $100 to get a free deck of cards, but there's definitely sufficient demand.

Not to mention people with the correct contacts could get a brick or two of those deck(RA, LTD, GA from E to name a few) easily. Don't ask me how they do it though as I have no idea, still trying to find out more about this. Learned about this when I recently purchase a brick of RA and was asking the guy how he got his hands on them. Would be great if someone do know about this and could maybe share it.

So yeah.. 5000? I seriously doubt so, 2 or 3 runs of 5000 each? sounds more realistic IMHO.

« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
They say they THINK they have enough to support the 12 hours sale... Really? I doubt a 5000 print run can't support that..

they have 69,780 likes on facebook, say 20% of those are willing to buy just something over $50 but less than $100 to get only the deck. That would already be 13,956 decks given away, 14,000 rounded up!!

For uncuts, say just 5% within the 20% of the people willing to buy pays more than $100 to get the uncut as well. That's still almost 700 uncuts!!!  :o certainly not limited if you ask me.

Note: My values are in no way related to any statistical data, if any, available anywhere and may not be an accurate assumption. It is just my personal opinion and rough estimate on this matter seeing hot this deck is now.
They're saying "I think" so people don't get on their backs about them printing a whole lot and still saying these are "rare and limited". And they can preserve their market value as well.

« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
From what it looks like, it is not necessary to purchase from the six new releases, correct?  Any $50 order gets the White Monarchs & Uncut... Correct?

« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
From what it looks like, it is not necessary to purchase from the six new releases, correct?  Any $50 order gets the White Monarchs & Uncut... Correct?

I believe so. Well, atleast I hope so. They haven't stated anything about that specifically yet though.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #262 on: June 19, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member

Yeap, from what I read about their replies on T11 forum. As long as your order amounts to at least $50 or $100 before shipping/taxes, with at least one item in the order being shippable, you'll automatically get the reward. To confirm, you should see the reward(deck/uncuts) in your cart before you check out. It should be the same and if you've bought from E before, you'll know what I mean. :)

« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2012, 11:26:19 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
WEll T11 responded to my question about the quantities of White Monarchs... it looks like there may be another deck release this Friday..

"Hey Jason. Exact quantities have not been announced, but we have said that the decks are among our rarest, and that they will not be reprinted. So what we have is what we will have. But speaking of playing cards, White Monarchs might not be the only thing to look forward to on Friday...

Be there.

L "

Hmmmm  Rebels?
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:07 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Okay, a few more questions:

1. Would you say that the WM uncuts are more rare than the deck?

2. How prepared do you believe you are? Because after tons of hype, you'd expect their to be much, much more traffic.

3. How quick do you believe you supply of WM, decks and uncuts, will last?

1. Absolutely so. That said, we should have enough to last during the 12 hours of this event.

2. Since this event is spread out over 12 hours, there's no rush. It starts on Friday morning and lasts until Friday night at 11:00pm EDT. As long as you're within that 12 hour range, and our supply lasts, you should be totally fine.

3. Both are rare commodities, but we expect both supplies to hold strong throughout this event.

4. I know there wasn't a fourth question, but I wanted to say that RAPTURE is crazy awesome. The end.

This makes me think. When he says, " ...we expect both supplies to hold strong throughout this event" one has to question how much they have in stock. Right?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:37:34 AM by KPopFever605 »
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2012, 03:44:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'll toss in my two cents on this.

First, if a company says "we're making X amount of decks", they're usually telling the truth.  T11 never said they made only 500 - they said they were RELEASING 500 back when they tried the two sales windows.  This indicates that there may be more, but it's still limited.

CBJ or someone mentioned about the quantity of uncut sheets that would be released.  I can't imagine it's going to be as high as all that - and in the same breath I can't imagine they''' last the whole twelve hours.

Who was it that commented about Gold Arcanes still being in stock at E?  Ellusionist employees have been around here, and this is what I know.  As of about a year ago, they had about 1000 BG1E and 4000 GA remaining, and this was before RA was released.  As of post-Christmas-New-Year's, I was told that VERY LITTLE of ALL the rare cards remain.  Furthermore, you stated something about those decks retaining their worth - sure they do, until E throws a "buy $50 of stuff, get a free X deck" specials.  Then the price drops because the market gets flooded with them.  But it doesn't take long for the glut to disappear and the prices to go back up again.

A few of you were trying to guess what the new releases would be on Friday.  The White Monarchs deck and uncut sheet were being counted as TWO of those releases.  Guess what?  Judging from this quote, posted by Bayme in the T11 forum on this release, they ARE NOT being counted among the six releases.  This was in response to someone griping about why they didn't just sell the decks like normal.

Nevertheless, if the White Monarchs aren't of interest, then by all means disregard that part of my message and look forward to SIX new releases on Friday. The White Monarchs were just something nice we thought we would do as icing on the cake.

So, six releases, AND the White Monarchs deck, and the WM uncuts.  Lotsa stuff going up for grabs...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2012, 01:08:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Thanks for pointing that out Don. And since there won't be the Rebel deck in there, it's hard to guess what they'll all be!
http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?36790-SIX-New-Releases-Free-White-Monarchs-Friday!&p=386957#post386957

This is what was in that post from Bayme:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin.Morris View Post I'm hoping for rebels, and I'd be excited about Totally out of Control.

Just to prevent any false hope, the mystery releases are neither of those - yet. ;) This is a set of something that we have never mentioned - and it hasn't existed to my knowledge in over a century.

So, it seems like Totally Out of Control DVD will be coming out pretty soon!!!!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:09:43 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »

hondo88

• Newcomer
saw this on another board and thought i would share.  Sorry if this is repetitive.

On two occasions, we have attempted to sell White Monarchs. On two occasions, we have failed. The demand was astronomical, and even after ramping up our servers 500%, the surge in traffic tore our servers apart. So this Friday, we're NOT going to sell White Monarchs. We're going to give them away.

For 12 hours only - from 11am to 11pm EDT - we will be including one deck of White Monarchs with every shipped order over $50. For each shipped order over $100, we'll be including a White Monarch UNCUT SHEET and a deck of White Monarch Playing Cards - on the house. A gift, a present, from us to you.

Join us on Friday and be a part of the action. 12 hours only. From 11:00am EDT to 11:00pm EDT."

Posted on the other board at 3:20 pm June 20th.

Theory11 White Gold Monarchs - 1st release window Fri 17 Oct 11pm Eastern
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2014, 12:51:49 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
@theory11: White Gold Monarchs. The first release window: ONE HOUR ONLY this Friday at 11:00pm EST. http://t.co/cIAc8OXUpT

I believe these are a 2nd printing or v2. They have the new stamp cut seal.

Re: Theory11 White Gold Monarch
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I would love for the card backs to be inverted so there is more gold ink on the back, but I think that is wishful thinking.

Re: Theory11 White Gold Monarchs - 1st release window Fri 17 Oct 11pm Eastern
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2014, 01:44:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Guys, I broke this out into a separate topic.  While it looks like the same deck, the fact that they're using a different name for it might be a sign of something different.  Msp062 might have hit the nail on the head.  Wouldn't be the first time they made all-metalllic-ink backs.

« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Guys, I broke this out into a separate topic.  While it looks like the same deck, the fact that they're using a different name for it might be a sign of something different.  Msp062 might have hit the nail on the head.  Wouldn't be the first time they made all-metalllic-ink backs.

Per JB on expose, "the most distinguishable difference" to this deck and the 1st white monarchs is the foil seal. It sounds like, while they are different from each other the cards are the same. Also theory11 called the original white monarchs on the 2013 Christmas contest wheel "White Gold"  monarchs. White Gold is just a name to better clarify it for customers.

Update: theory11 posted the back design today. They are essentially what we used to know as white monarchs. Still a great deck and I'm happy for people who never got one. Let's call a duck, a duck. It's a v2 white monarch.

I'm damned if I don't us the old thread, damned if I do! :))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:02:59 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2014, 12:11:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Per JB on expose, "the most distinguishable difference" to this deck and the 1st white monarchs is the foil seal. It sounds like, while they are different from each other the cards are the same. Also theory11 called the original white monarchs on the 2013 Christmas contest wheel "White Gold"  monarchs. White Gold is just a name to better clarify it for customers.

Update: theory11 posted the back design today. They are essentially what we used to know as white monarchs. Still a great deck and I'm happy for people who never got one. Let's call a duck, a duck. It's a v2 white monarch.

I'm damned if I don't us the old thread, damned if I do! :))

Fair enough - I'll reunite them!  Also found another White Monarchs topic and attached it here as well.

It's a shame they didn't do something more special.  But then again, did they or didn't they at some point announce they weren't creating any new colors for the Monarchs?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:23:20 AM by Don Boyer »

Re: White Monarchs by T11 (White Gold Monarchs)
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2014, 04:19:54 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I grabbed a few of these. I really enjoyed the Silver monarchs and now that they've released these gold on whites, I think I'm going to enjoy them as well. I don't know how well the gold will pop on the card backs yet, don't have them in hand to play a game with. Pretty excited though haha. Granted, I get excited over the simplest things sometimes, don't hold it against me haha.

What's this new colors they were supposed to be creating for monarchs? Will we see a black/silver deck?
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: White Monarchs by T11 (White Gold Monarchs)
« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2014, 06:13:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

What's this new colors they were supposed to be creating for monarchs? Will we see a black/silver deck?

I was mentioning the opposite - that I thought they decided to release NO more new colors.  I could be mixing them up with E and the Artifice deck - that one ended with the Gold Artifice for Black Club members.