You are Here:
Fantastique deck released on Halloween

Author (Read 15635 times)

Re: Fantastique deck released on Halloween
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Not a whole lot of people are ranting about this deck. I am one of those that are just looking at this deck like "wtf?" As I said before, no way will this become a replacement for S&M. I can see it being a big collector a couple years down the road, like "Hey, do you have one of those decks D&D randomly released for a week?" This deck has stayed far more low key than the rest of what is coming out...seems like they are all in all trying to sneak this one under the radar. Anyone else get that impression?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 11:57:12 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Yeah, not much talking about this deck.
I'm thinking that's because we still don't have any info of stock, finish, limited.
So we don't have many things to talk.

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 12:05:03 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
This really does look like more of an artsy deck than a performance deck. I am sure the stock and finish will reflect that as well. Their handling decks are the S&M...so I would just expect very limited quantities and your standard stock and air cushion finish
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
This really does look like more of an artsy deck than a performance deck. I am sure the stock and finish will reflect that as well. Their handling decks are the S&M...so I would just expect very limited quantities and your standard stock and air cushion finish
I think it would be equally same quality as the smoke and mirrors and maybe as limited as the smoke and mirrors

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think it would be equally same quality as the smoke and mirrors and maybe as limited as the smoke and mirrors

SM are not that limited, it's about 30k decks run.

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
SM are not that limited, it's about 30k decks run.

It is limited... They don't reprint

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Of course the S&M are limited, that is not what is in question. The mystery at hand is just how limited will the Fantasique be? And, can we all agree that this deck will not be a series and will not replace the S&M? I means the V7 is destined to come out. If this is not part of a series I think that would make it even more of a collector piece.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:24 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
It is limited... They don't reprint

I said they are limited, but I just meant to say that they are not that rare.

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
"SM are not that limited, it's about 30k decks run."

I don't get you.. u said it is not that limited and now u say it is limited.. LOL..

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 01:34:22 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok i think he was saying there are only 30k no more will be made, thus limited. but there are 30k out so not rare.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
That makes sense. a 30k run in comparison to a 5k run means that they are really not that rare. But due to the fact that all 30k are sold out, it makes them limited and thus desirable. I know, as a collector, limited runs are nice to own but rares are awesome to have...gives bragging rights.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The fantastique deck is not a deck that I would use. Just looks nice in a collection in my opinion. I really don't like the design.

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
ok i think he was saying there are only 30k no more will be made, thus limited. but there are 30k out so not rare.

Yes, that what I meant to say.
Sorry for my english.

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 09:22:02 PM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
That makes sense. a 30k run in comparison to a 5k run means that they are really not that rare. But due to the fact that all 30k are sold out, it makes them limited and thus desirable. I know, as a collector, limited runs are nice to own but rares are awesome to have...gives bragging rights.

Yes, but higher demand will increase in the rareness as well. u can print 5k zebra deck and 30k v6, i think the 30k v6 will be sold out way faster then the zebra deck..

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 09:34:55 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Yes, but higher demand will increase in the rareness as well. u can print 5k zebra deck and 30k v6, i think the 30k v6 will be sold out way faster then the zebra deck..

also depends on price, if zebra was $1 and v6 $12 i think zebra might sell out faster.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 11:33:33 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I don't think they sold all 30000 of their stock rite? SeeIng how they still have those variety box and collector boxes with older decks. And I think they keep some for personal use. Which makes it even more limited :)

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:02 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I don't think they sold all 30000 of their stock rite? SeeIng how they still have those variety box and collector boxes with older decks. And I think they keep some for personal use. Which makes it even more limited :)

Of course they don't, they have to keep some for future sales like the collector box and variety boxes.

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Ok, I'm tracking that they keep some in stock for multiple reasons. When I say sold out, I mean what was for sale for as single units. In that instance, they were sold out a while ago, then they re released "what was left", then those sold out. So, to our knowledge they are "sold out"
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
new news on the fantastique deck from the bucks twitters. "Join us this Halloween and witness these marvelous cards come to life, http://www.dananddave.com/events/fantastique-playing-cards/" seems like the backs tell a story. a little like the stick man deck. it will be released at Monday at 12pm. Noon
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:49:51 PM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Damn, now I no doubt have to get these...and within an hour of the limited Monarch release
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
hmmm these look really good. do we have a price? im just now considering buying them but only a few decks.

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Ill try to get the monarchs and then ill buy some of these. Im not in a HUGE rush to get the Fantastique deck

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
see the reason im thinking of getting them now is because of that picture thing. any one who really knows cards, is the deck worth it? also since each one is different (picture thing) is this a marked deck?

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 11:05:59 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Well, we have been saying this whole time that it looks more of an art deck than performance deck. Obviously with each back being different that cuts a lot of tricks out. I wouldn't wait too long Ev, these will probably super limited...maybe?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 11:07:50 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Well, we have been saying this whole time that it looks more of an art deck than performance deck. Obviously with each back being different that cuts a lot of tricks out. I wouldn't wait too long Ev, these will probably super limited...maybe?

so then is it or is it not worth getting? also does this mean you do not know of a price?