You are Here:
Discourse Members, Unite! Get over here and fill out the questionnaire. :]

Author (Read 4848 times)

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Kinda sucks to be voted "Worst "Official" Poster", but hey it's whatever. I will say that I have purposefully stayed away from the Discourse because, technically speaking, Alex and I are competitors and, out of respect, I'm not over here hawking my wares and trying to drum up business. Alex is building a great community around his product and the less he has to worry about his competitors hogging up the attention of his fans (I believe) the better. I have people here that usually relay questions to me and then get the answers you all seek. However, if you wish to get a hold of me directly, I encourage you to come check out my new Facebook page and chat with me there, after all, I'm building a community too ;)

http://facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks

Much respect for you Alex, You are doing great brother!

- Lance

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Kinda sucks to be voted "Worst "Official" Poster", but hey it's whatever. I will say that I have purposefully stayed away from the Discourse because, technically speaking, Alex and I are competitors and, out of respect, I'm not over here hawking my wares and trying to drum up business. Alex is building a great community around his product and the less he has to worry about his competitors hogging up the attention of his fans (I believe) the better. I have people here that usually relay questions to me and then get the answers you all seek. However, if you wish to get a hold of me directly, I encourage you to come check out my new Facebook page and chat with me there, after all, I'm building a community too ;)

http://facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks

Much respect for you Alex, You are doing great brother!

- Lance

I don't think Alex minds your presence around here - he'd likely encourage it since it helps the Discourse to grow even faster than it already is.  And while you're probably busy trying to have that thing I heard of that people seem to like so much...what was it again...oh, yeah, A LIFE, you could always pop in now and again and weigh in on whatever the topics of the day happen to be.  Speaking as a member, I get a kick out of it when someone who's actively creating decks and related products drops in and you can communicate with him almost as if you sat down next to him at the bar when a ball game is on.

So go on, be conversational - people will love it and you'll enjoy it as well.  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Lance. Just because I get a large benefit from owning this forum in that I can really let my work shine, that doesn't mean I don't want anyone else reaping benefits. Several decks got funded through Kickstarter largely because this place existed. Some only exist because this place exists. Growing the community and pushing it forward is what the forum is all about.
Forum Founder.

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Most hardcore member: MagicAddictz (In a somewhat negative way if you ask me... No offense)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Exactly expresses my thought. Well said friend. Add Moon and John to that for insulting me in that private chat room and making me feel terrible. :'(
:D
Might as well add Krystle and Aaron too, then. And if I'm not mistaken, there was more people as well. ::)
Nobody was trying to be mean on a personal level, the goal was to make you understand that most people didn't like your behavior and wanted you to change a few things. Has it never crossed your mind that when a majority of people disagree with you, you might be wrong in some way? I'm just saying. ;)
Anyway, whining about it won't make it any better; you're doing a relatively good job now, so let's just forget it and make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

@Evan, I don't want to get into details, that's just my opinion. ;)

Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Guys remember not to take these things too heavily. At the end of the day, this is just a within-the-community thing. We all know that we all love each other in a platonic (usually) way. :P
Forum Founder.

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
My answers:

Most contributing member:
Don
Most contributing staff member:
Alexd
Best overall member:
Moon.exe
Most active member:
Don
Biggest lurker:
Me
Most On-Top-Of-The-News:
CBJ
The Member With All The Facts:
digipunk
Most Unforgettable Posts:
Nathan *I have my reasons, but for the benefit of the young i wont say anymore
Most Interesting Thread Creator:
CBJ got to love him with being ontop of all the new decks
Biggest Inspiration:
Alex and Lance after seeing some of the creativity from them it inspired me to be more creative myself
Coolest Deck Collection:
Don
Most Dedicated Aetherian (Exclude Staff):
Don

Spammiest Member:
Nathan
Weirdest Member:
frost
Coolest Member:
Moon.exe and myself for our level of swag. Like 6 people will get that but it was worth it.
Smartest Member:
A tie between Alex,Don, and Robert Butler
Worst Grammar Award:
zaganh
Silliest Member:
krystle
Sexiest Member:
Brandon Beckman. Brandon, rob, evan, and moon will get that joke
Most Punchable Member:
Nathan
Best "Official" Poster (anyone who represents a brand/company):
xmetal
Worst "Official" Poster:
Alex pandrea
Most likely to get mugged during a magic routine:
Don
Most likely to marry an elephant:
Josh
Most likely to wind up in jail:
Me
Most likely to assassinate Jason Brumbalow:
Jonathan Bayme
Most likely to kidnap Brad Christian:
Josh
Most likely to find buried treasure and sell it for a deck of Jerry's Nuggets:
MagicAddictz
Most likely to be promoted to moderator:
Don
Most deserving of a promotion to moderator:
Don and hopefully me ;)
Most likely to get banned:
Josh, for doing something stupid
Most hardcore member:
Hmm, whoever puts someone through a table first. I will edit my answer when that happens.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Most hardcore member:
Hmm, whoever puts someone through a table first. I will edit my answer when that happens.

Well, he may not be a member, but he DID manage to put HIMSELF through a table...  May I present Hiro Sakai, better known as "Dr. Leon"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvDGTRvdvvg

I only put myself through hell, and partway through college...no tables!  Though I have broken a few walls in my day.  :))  (I actually sent an aikido instructor through a wall in his own dojo while I was visiting!  It sounds badass, but it was very embarrassing!)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Waaaahhh silliest member.... >.>..... I guess it can't be helped then. But I am honored to be some of your choices for silliest member and interesting post person thingy. ^_^

Anyhu, I will post my votes maybe later tonight when i have time. Going on a field trip today with the tiny terrors. **sigh**

I miss you guys!!

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Waaaahhh silliest member.... >.>.....
Hey, I voted for you as coolest member too. Maybe the two are related? :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:40:24 PM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
good to know that most of you think that I would be mugged. and john, why would I marry an elephant?
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Someone also placed me as someone who would marry an elephant. >.>..... LoL
Also @moon.exe thanks for choosing me as coolest. ^_^

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Someone also placed me as someone who would marry an elephant. >.>..... LoL
Also @moon.exe thanks for choosing me as coolest. ^_^
I think that was me! :P Because of that "elephant in our back yards" comment :D Are you going to fill it out, Krystle?

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
I will fill it out once I figure out who is who here in the threads because there are probably only a handful of people here that i know from the back of my head. ^_^ so yeah. Patience my little padawan patience

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Let's try round two! It's been a little while since my first list, so without looking at my old list, I will see how much my opinions have changed, if that's okay with you guys.

My answers:

Most contributing member:
Mr. Don Boyer! He always like to contribute as much positive material as possible.

Most contributing staff member:
Although Don Boyer is very helpful, he is only a moderator on the STISO board so although he helps out a lot on there, I feel Curt is always running this show and keeping everything in place.

Best overall member:
My old buddy BrownBaggs. Although he hasn't been here in a while, he's always very kind and loves to help, nd gives thanks when you help him. He is always positive and is a real gentleman.

Most active member:
NathanCanadas these days. He's EVERYWHERE! (Sometimes a good thing. Sometime not so much.)

Biggest lurker:
Once again, BrownBaggs. He was doing great racking up his post count with every post being very helpful to all of the community. If anyone knows where he is, please tell him that I want him back. He was without-a-doubt my favorite user on the Discourse.

Most On-Top-Of-The-News:
CBJ has got to take this prize home, with Evan making a close second. A deck will be announced, and within a matter of minutes, CBJ will post on here about it. He is the #1 source that I learn about upcoming decks.

The Member With All The Facts:
jmrock seems to know everything these days! With gems from the past, he seems to have everything vintage, along with him having some pretty good connections.

Most Unforgettable Posts:
All I can say is three words. Tigre. Vernon. Vernon

Most Interesting Thread Creator:
NathanCanadas always seems to make interesting threads Some are good, and some are lacking, but managing the custom deck is a huge responsibility, and it seems as if he is running things quite well.

Biggest Inspiration:
BrownBaggs. Climbing your way to the top without stepping on any toes is definitely admirable.

Coolest Deck Collection:
once again it has to be jmrock. Have you guys seen the value of his collection? It's unfathomable (At least in my 16 year old mind).

Most Dedicated Aetherian (Exclude Staff):
Evan. He posts the news and always has something interesting to add to the conversation even if he has slowed down a bit.

I will try to finish this when I get more time to kill.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Not looking at my previous answers
Most contributing member: Don Boyer
Most contributing staff member: CBJ (I'm excluding Don because he hasn't been staff long enough for me to judge)
Best overall member: loldudex2
Most active member: Don Boyer
Biggest lurker: Lately Moon.exe, JoshuaRobinson, Krystle, brownbaggs. How should I know about all the others?
Most On-Top-Of-The-News: Tie between CBJ and Evan
The Member With All The Facts: Don Boyer
Most Unforgettable Posts: ???
Most Interesting Thread Creator: Not really sure. Anyone who creates threads that are out of the ordinary.
Biggest Inspiration: Don
Coolest Deck Collection: Don
Most Dedicated Aetherian (Exclude Staff): Evan or me
Spammiest Member: hawjinjian since he is at 1000+ and hasn't improved a whole lot IMO
Weirdest Member: zaganh
Coolest Member: loldudex2
Smartest Member: loldudex2
Worst Grammar Award: zaganh, hawjinjian
Silliest Member: loldudex2
Sexiest Member: ME :P
Most Punchable Member: Vmagic as of right now. He's acting very full of himself and know-it-all and better-than-everyone IMO. Idk why...
Best "Official" Poster (anyone who represents a brand/company): I can now say Don since he represents Brahma playing cards officially
Worst "Official" Poster: atclarkson since he only came when everyone was angry
Most likely to get mugged during a magic routine: Joshua Robinson
Most likely to marry an elephant: Krystle
Most likely to wind up in jail: loldudex2
Most likely to assassinate Jason Brumbalow: Don
Most likely to kidnap Brad Christian: Don
Most likely to find buried treasure and sell it for a deck of Jerry's Nuggets: loldudex2/Don
Most likely to be promoted to moderator: loldudex2/phantom/Evan/brownbaggs if he comes back.
Most deserving of a promotion to moderator: Since Don is now done, I would say loldudex2
Most likely to get banned: hawjinjian/frost
Most hardcore member: Your mom  ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:24:27 PM by NathanCanadas »