You are Here:
Gold playing cards?

Author (Read 771 times)

Gold playing cards?
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
I just saw this at  a website which shows random, cool (Subjective) stuff, I found out the propaganda deck through the site and that got me into cards at first. Recently they also post on D&D Fulton's chinatown deck.

Here's the link: [size=78%]http://theawesomer.com/golden-playing-cards/151709/[/size]
Their store: [size=78%]http://aplusrstore.com/product.php?id=843[/size]

They do sell some other... stuff, 24....things....which I do not wish to say even though most of you know of them already hahaha
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

Re: Gold playing cards?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
On the site it says, "Made of plastic, they will also sustain any spills from that late-night poker game."
Sounds like thick plastic like the Bicycle Prestige deck.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:39:39 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I have the silver version of those cards, that I got as a gift. They are pretty cool looking!! They are definitely a fun deck of cards :)

I wouldn't consider them a must have or anything. But still a pretty sweet deck
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I've got a silver one too. It is indeed plastic, and really really soft.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
wow i've never heard of these before, do they last? most importantly, plastic.. does it stink up after awhile (Card games, spills blah blah blah)? I had a really nice set of plastic cards which costs pretty cheap, they were nice to do riffle shuffles back then (it was bridge size for my asian hands  :P  still can't handle poker sizes very well yet, my hands are still considered big..) but after awhile I found that it really stinks of some weird odor, tired washing them and drying them individually but it didn't work so I left it in its case stack on my shelf for memory..  :'( 
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:25:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
wow i've never heard of these before, do they last? most importantly, plastic.. does it stink up after awhile (Card games, spills blah blah blah)? I had a really nice set of plastic cards which costs pretty cheap, they were nice to do riffle shuffles back then (it was bridge size for my asian hands  :P  still can't handle poker sizes very well yet, my hands are still considered big..) but after awhile I found that it really stinks of some weird odor, tired washing them and drying them individually but it didn't work so I left it in its case stack on my shelf for memory..  :'(

How did you wash them?  They usually recommend a mild dish detergent with careful drying, individually laid out on a towel and wiped down.

If they still stink after that, try using a "puffy" brush and giving the cards a light dusting with baby powder, wiping them down immediately after application.  If they still stink, it must have been cheap plastic - some plastics will retain certain strong odors.

As far as the gold and silver versions of this deck - if I brought them to a poker table, my players would toss them out the window!  They're very difficult to read quickly because of them being monochrome.  Cool looking, for sure, but not practical.

That same "Awesomer" website had a set of monochrome white and black card decks as well.  They'd be just as bad if not worse.  And the iPhone deck would have made much more sense with colored indices.  But some of their other decks are pretty awesome!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/