You are Here:
How to table faro?

Author (Read 2571 times)

How to table faro?
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Can anyone point to a decent table faro tutorial?
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

Re: How to table faro?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 09:10:43 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Expert Card Technique >:(

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I guess this one isn't bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnAm8iO6U_g
Good luck learning this difficult sleight!

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:36:19 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I guess this one isn't bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnAm8iO6U_g
Good luck learning this difficult sleight!
Even a monkey can do that without practice.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:43:12 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Thanks for the help people :)
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@hazofhorsham, I am not joking. If you only want to perform the "Table Faro" as shown in Nathan's link, you don't need any tutorial and practice. However, if you want to learn "Table Riffle Faro", then go to find a copy of ECT, watch the performance videos on YouTube 300 times and spend more than 2 weeks to practice this one of the most difficult card sleights, you will have a extremely powerful weapon in magic.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:06:01 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
I want to learn the bridging on the table, upside down.
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 11:13:51 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I want to learn the bridging on the table, upside down.
It is not a meaningful sleight, but I think you may learn it from videos on Youtube if you can find any.

By the way, this video might be illegal (I am not sure) but I just found it. so..
http://www.56.com/w59/play_album-aid-7609993_vid-NDQ2NzcxMDc.html

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@hazofhorsham, I am not joking. If you only want to perform the "Table Faro" as shown in Nathan's link, you don't need any tutorial and practice. However, if you want to learn "Table Riffle Faro", then go to find a copy of ECT, watch the performance videos on YouTube 300 times and spend more than 2 weeks to practice this one of the most difficult card sleights, you will have a extremely powerful weapon in magic.
Actually, I think the most difficult sleight ever is the anti-faro. Do you agree?

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Actually, I think the most difficult sleight ever is the anti-faro. Do you agree?
I can do anti-faro and table riffle faro. I think the latter is more difficult but practical. (I believe you know anti-faro is not practical at all in magic, but it is a good show-off when you do it in front of other magicians/cardists)

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Oh. Thats good to know! I think the anti-faro is very useful: you can do a perfect faro and than an anti-faro and keep the deck exactly in the same order!

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Oh. Thats good to know! I think the anti-faro is very useful: you can do a perfect faro and than an anti-faro and keep the deck exactly in the same order!
How can you apply it in your magic routines? That's why I said it's more of a show-off. Tell you a secret, even Christian Engblom said it is not practical.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 10:31:36 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
How can you apply it in your magic routines? That's why I said it's more of a show-off. Tell you a secret, even Christian Engblom said it is not practical.
Of course, it isn't THE most practical move, but you can use it as a false shuffle or a flourish or a show of skill. And, how is the table faro practical when doing street magic?

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
And, how is the table faro practical when doing street magic?
Nathan, how fast can a fish swim in the air? (when doing street magic, in the hands faro is enough)

Well, let's stop discussing the difficulty or practicability, it wastes my time (and yours). Here I found a friend of mine performing the "Oil and Water" trick with anti-faro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCcH0hEq6vk

Actually it was not a good magic because even laymen know it's a sleight, but at least he tried to integrate the skill into his routine. (He is a Christian and most of his magic videos are story-telling style)

_

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:13:41 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 04:10:55 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@hazofhorsham and @Nathan, look at this video, I surrender.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=QZRafC-sRx4

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 05:11:34 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
can you please do a video on how to anti-faro, i would love to learn it
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 06:04:51 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Joshua, I wish I could but my digital camera was borrowed by my sister and she doesn't live with me (now I have only an old DSLR that can not record video clips). As Nathan mentioned, anti-faro is one of the most difficult card sleights and it is taught in the "Que Raro!" DVD (Christian Engblom & Dani Daortiz). You should try to get the DVD, Christian Engblom (the creator) explains the theory (like "car racing" in his words) and emphasizes the importance of the angle. Though I don't think he teaches this sleight well, all the stuff in the DVD is very creative.

Besides, sometime last year I found there was another tutorial coming out, but I didn't pay much attention to it. It teaches reverse (backward) anti-faro, in that the cards are sprang off the thumb. So far as I know, Paul Wilson does reverse anti-faro too. I don't remember the title of the DVD, you might need to Google the keywords mentioned above.

Actually there are more and more anti-faro videos on YouTube, they are also very good tutorials when you start practicing it.  ;)