• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Zenneth writes:

Hey guys,

The New Fan Back Bundles are now available at:
www.zennethkok.com

We have provided 5 options for the bundles and only 50 sets will be available in this promotion, act now or else you will have to wait for at least 5 months for our next promotion.

Cheers!
Zenneth

Here are the direct links to the promotions

Option1
http://www.zennethkok.com/product/213

Option2
http://www.zennethkok.com/product/202

Option3
http://www.zennethkok.com/product/203

Option4
http://www.zennethkok.com/product/200

Option5
http://www.zennethkok.com/product/210

some good deals!

I'm very curious about these "badges"

CBJ

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Another chance to get a white Bicycle New Fan Back from Zenneth Kok
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:51 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Yes. Me too ! Anyone knows what the badges actually do?

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
Option 1 and 5 with the Bruce Lee T-Shirt looks tempting.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:28:04 AM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
Option 1 and 5 with the Bruce Lee T-Shirt looks tempting.

You can see a demo of the trick here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRCSpRfClxw looks pretty cool

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:30:05 AM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Does anyone own Collusion or Killer badge? They both look pretty cool, but I'm wondering what the material on Collusion is like.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I have to say that "New Fan Back" is possibly the most uninspired naming of a deck I've seen yet. Heh. :)

I might name my next deck of cards "Nice Playing Cards." :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah the name is pretty lame in my opinion. What makes this deck so great? I'm kind of in the dark on this one haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 03:45:07 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I bought some of these when they were release for the first time last year and the main thing for me is the Fan back design, it was a lovely looking deck before Zenneth released them in white and black but the white and black for me is nicer than the traditional colours, white and black decks are some of my favourites, smoke and mirrors 1-3, cage gardens (dont own :( and the seasons decks look great. It's also nice to have a limited deck (white one) so that's another reason for me buying them.

Oh and I guess Zenneth wanted to keep the original fan back name as that's what they've always been called, no point in calling them something completely different.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:00:17 PM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 03:52:56 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I have to say that "New Fan Back" is possibly the most uninspired naming of a deck I've seen yet. Heh. :)

Dude, really?
The original fan back is a vintage Bicycle design. It's a remake of the original, hence new fan back. It's hard to be original when you're reusing someone else's design to begin with. ::)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran

Dude, really?
The original fan back is a vintage Bicycle design. It's a remake of the original, hence new fan back. It's hard to be original when you're reusing someone else's design to begin with. ::)

I second that, also I have to ask as it's been bugging me, are you (Moon.exe) Kete Moon?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:02:18 PM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Nope, no idea who you're talking about, sorry. :P
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Okay, it's just a guy I know from Facebbok, he's very much into collecting cards and has some awesome photos of them, he's a nice guy.
UC

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
The 3 deck bundle is confusing. Does it come with 3 of each? Three white? Three black?

Oops never mind. I misread "black" for "back" so I was confused.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:35:32 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Dude, really?

That's true. Who knows? Maybe when you're done with your deck I'll name mine the "New Nice Playing Cards"  :P
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 02:10:06 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Although I break his chops a bit, It's not that bad a deal to pick up a White & Black Fan Back with the Red & Blue Deck Badges for $69 shipped to NY...  Sure as hell better than the $100 average going price on the White Fan Back all by itself... I'm down...

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 02:45:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I went gonzo, got Collusion and Killer Badge, both in the bundles, still only $10 to New York!

(Yes, JMRock, I'm from New York, too!)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Does anyone own Collusion or Killer badge? They both look pretty cool, but I'm wondering what the material on Collusion is like.
I got my Collusion bundle last year, it's all about playing card magic routines created by Peter Duffie and Zenneth.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
I got my Collusion bundle last year, it's all about playing card magic routines created by Peter Duffie and Zenneth.

Is the material good though? I know that's a vague question but I mean is it practical? Do you use anything from it regularly? Any original sleights that you've found particularly useful? Or is it one of those things that is neat and has good ideas, but overall feels like it's lacking that "WOW" factor?

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 08:24:58 PM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Is the material good though? I know that's a vague question but I mean is it practical? Do you use anything from it regularly? Any original sleights that you've found particularly useful? Or is it one of those things that is neat and has good ideas, but overall feels like it's lacking that "WOW" factor?
You have very specific questions, but it is still difficult for me to anwser :-\
Basically I would say the routines are creative and practical and they don't emphasize particular sleights. I haven't used any of them but that might be my problem. I think this bundle is very worth to get if considering the price and there are less than 10 sets of White+Black New Fan Backs remaining at this moment.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:57:26 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@Atheosile... That's not a better deal at all... That's only (2) decks of cards starting at $70 plus $15 shipping... Buy it now is $115 for (2) decks... The bundles give you both decks plus Pins, DVDs, T-Shirts, or whatever you want in the bundle you choose starting at $69 Delivered... A far better deal and it's going to be gone soon... If you don't have a White Fan / Black Fan in the collection, here's your chance to pick them up cheaper than anywhere...

In my case, I'm dollar cost averaging... I've already spent more on a number of White Fan Backs... So this brings the cost of the overall decks down for me... See I did learn something in finance...

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm simply shocked that after all this time they're STILL in stock.

I guess it's true - the market has slowed down a lot since the holidays.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 02:46:36 AM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
@Atheosile... That's not a better deal at all... That's only (2) decks of cards starting at $70 plus $15 shipping... Buy it now is $115 for (2) decks... The bundles give you both decks plus Pins, DVDs, T-Shirts, or whatever you want in the bundle you choose starting at $69 Delivered... A far better deal and it's going to be gone soon... If you don't have a White Fan / Black Fan in the collection, here's your chance to pick them up cheaper than anywhere...

In my case, I'm dollar cost averaging... I've already spent more on a number of White Fan Backs... So this brings the cost of the overall decks down for me... See I did learn something in finance...

I was unaware of that jmrock. In that case then I agree with you! I was under the impression it was just the 2 individual decks.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 05:08:26 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hey guys,
Zenneth Kok here, I'm from Hong Kong and a professional magician by trade.
Thanks for all the attention to the New Fan Back bundles that I have released, I have to say buying the bundles is about the cheapest way to get these decks.
As for the name of the deck, at the beginning I wanted to call it as NEO FAN BACK, but I was informed by USPC that I couldn't use it,
apparently it was already registered in Japan...so eventually we decided to follow the original name.
I know some of the card collectors are not very happy with the magic stuffs in the bundle, however if you read my blog and you will understand it's a very important for me to protect the sales of legitimate copies of my DVD and magic props in China.
Right now I am working on deck designs for an online platform that is expected to be launched in June this year. The new decks are designed primarily for magic use, so I won't be changing the face card design and will retain the white border, but the good news is that the price will be very affordable but I promise you that the card box will be a highlight, it's designed from a very unique angle and will become part of presentation for magicians.
It's all depends on the market, but I wouldn't want the new decks become limited edition.
Anyway, if you ever wanted to own a pair of white and black New Fan Back decks, act now...the next promotion will be in June, that's quite a few months to go from now.
Zenneth

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:08:48 AM by Zenneth »
Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 09:17:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey guys,
Zenneth Kok here, I'm from Hong Kong and a professional magician by trade.
Thanks for all the attention to the New Fan Back bundles that I have released, I have to say buying the bundles is about the cheapest way to get these decks.
As for the name of the deck, at the beginning I wanted to call it as NEO FAN BACK, but I was informed by USPC that I couldn't use it,
apparently it was already registered in Japan...so eventually we decided to follow the original name.
I know some of the card collectors are not very happy with the magic stuffs in the bundle, however if you read my blog and you will understand it's a very important for me to protect the sales of legitimate copies of my DVD and magic props in China.
Right now I am working on deck designs for an online platform that is expected to be launched in June this year. The new decks are designed primarily for magic use, so I won't be changing the face card design and will retain the white border, but the good news is that the price will be very affordable but I promise you that the card box will be a highlight, it's designed from a very unique angle and will become part of presentation for magicians.
It's all depends on the market, but I wouldn't want the new decks become limited edition.
Anyway, if you ever wanted to own a pair of white and black New Fan Back decks, act now...the next promotion will be in June, that's quite a few months to go from now.
Zenneth

Zenneth, first - THANK YOU for coming by and saying hello.  As you can tell, you have some fans here!

Second - THANK YOU AGAIN for such an awesome deal, and for making a very sweet variation of one of Bicycle's most attractive designs.  I for one am very much looking forward to getting my package from you, and not simply for the cards, either!

Third - THANKS YET AGAIN for having such great customer service.  I'm the guy who ordered 2 Collusions, then emailed asking to change one Collusion for a Killer Badge instead.  You responded very quickly and said it was no problem at all.  It was kind of you to be so accommodating.

As far as collectors complaining about buying the DVDs to get the decks, well - I wouldn't worry about them too much.  I love the fact that the bundles are targeted more for magicians like myself who love your White Fan Back deck but otherwise wouldn't be able to afford them.  I already have the black one, which is among my favorites, and recently traded with someone here to get your blister clip in black.  Collectors, if they don't like the DVDs, can always buy the two-deck set if they wish...  :))

Sincerely,
Don Boyer - Good@Sabacc

PS: if you're ever in NYC, let me know.  I'd love to see you live!