No Opinion
Reliability of Merz67

Author (Read 607 times)

Reliability of Merz67
« on: January 22, 2012, 03:22:24 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I've checked out his website and I was surprised at how low his prices are, but all I want to know is if he's reliable. He's gotten a lot of flame or "clip art" decks, but the other, cheaper decks are the ones I'm interested in. If you can help me out, I'd appreciate it.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Re: Reliability of Merz67
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:33:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I've checked out his website and I was surprised at how low his prices are, but all I want to know is if he's reliable. He's gotten a lot of flame or "clip art" decks, but the other, cheaper decks are the ones I'm interested in. If you can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

If you aren't buying his custom-run decks, he's got a good selection and reasonable prices.  I recently placed a decent-sized order with him, including two blue Rider Back Braille decks.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:36:45 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I hear different opinions about his services.  He has a few bad reviews on ebay, but only a minor percentage, and most of his bad reviews for some reason are about him keeping listings posted that are out of stock and then taking a few days to return their money...I should also add most of the bad feedback is not about playing cards but rather some of his other items (sports memorablia...etc).  I have ordered from him several times and have never had any trouble, although I'm sure opinions differ.  I just placed an order Last night and I recieved an email that he paid for postage a few hours later.  I guess the only complaint I have with him is his packaging.  The few orders I have recieved from him were not packaged very well....which is not to say my decks were damaged...but there was a greater potential for damage than is normally there, but lets face it there is always a potential for damage when you ship anything.  In short...I wouldn't order any rare or expensive decks from him but if your only looking to pick up some cheap studs or bikes I would say he's worth a shot.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 04:05:00 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I've been looking at his store too, so this post is awesome.

He has an old plastic Bicycle deck that I had back in the day and his store is the only place I've found it! I'm thinking of getting that and a couple other odd decks from him sometime soon. Looks like the overall vibe is a good one  :)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck