Author (Read 1171 times)

Unpitiful Person
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:08 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hello, guys.

I have an MV that I would like to shared with you and wanna know what do you think about this.
This is a very sad story, and it's based on true story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjblXwybiho

P.S. I don't know what this post should be in, so sorry if this isn't qualified the rules.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:54:03 AM by phantom1412 »

Re: Unpitiful Person
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I tried to be enthralled in the story and be moved by it, but I couldn't be. How can I feel sorry for a woman that mothers a child and does not tell the father about it? What right does she have to take something like that from someone else? I don't care that she is "weak" and "embarrassed" about her love for him.

Honestly, maybe it's a language barrier (a lot of the meaning is lost in the odd grammar), but she had countless chances to start a good family and instead she not only did god knows what to the man's life and emotions, but decided to subject her daughter to a home with no father. Being from a divorced family myself, I can say that wanting a true family is not something that ever goes away in your life.

That woman just seems like a horrible, disgusting person to me. :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 05:15:42 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The reason she doesn't tell the father is because of the first word the father said after the night.
He said he was sorry.
So, that's make she thinks he didn't mean to do that.
She doesn't want him to be with her because he has to responsible for the kid, but she want him to be with her only if he loves her too.

The real story that this MV didn't tell is after the man knows the truth about the kid, he tried to be with her.
They talked about what happened. And the man tell her that he loves her too.
And he will divorce and be with her instead.
But she denied him because she doesn't want to make the other girl hurt.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 05:23:30 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
The real story that this MV didn't tell is after the man knows the truth about the kid, he tried to be with her.
They talked about what happened. And the man tell her that he loves her too.
And he will divorce and be with her instead.
But she denied him because she doesn't want to make the other girl hurt.
That the MV didn't tell? Are the scenes from a drama or movie, or is it to be deduced from the song lyrics?
I enjoyed the song itself by the way, and the story was really nice to watch. I usually can't focus and watch an entire MV, but this one forced me to by actually interfering with the music itself. ::)

I usually don't listen to Thai music, mostly Korean and English with some Japanese here and there, but I'm tempted to try some now.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:27:40 AM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 06:17:48 AM »

Victoria

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Alex here and say that this woman is really a terrible person. When you have a baby, your life becomes about that child's happiness and doing the best thing for that child. This woman was protecting him and herself before she helped her child.

Having both parents in your life is a really amazing thing and something everybody should strive for ideally. Sometimes it's not possible, but this time it truly was. This woman decided that her pride and emotions were more important than the wellbeing of her child and that is simply wrong. Plus, it's not like she had to be with him in a relationship even, she could have just given the father a chance to at least be in the child's life.

Selfish woman with some messed up priorities. Truly "unpitiful" cause I don't have any pity for her. The only person I pity is her daughter and that poor guy who lost the chance to be a father to his daughter.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I stopped watching after she met up with him 3 years later. He ASKS if it's his and she denies it. That just angers me so much. Like alex said, a family without a father can do things to a kid that are unfixable. In alex's case he turned out fine, but I know countless people (due to my father's work) who grew up in a broken home and took to the streets, to drugs, to awful things and ruined their lives. I'd have to say theres no reason on planet earth to not tell the father in this story because you feel shy, or ashamed. BIG WHOOP. A baby is no small deal, in fact it's one of the biggest things that could ever impact a person's life.  :-[
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I haven't seen the whole video yet, but the story seems easy enough to deduce from the comments here.

I think there's a bit of a cultural divide taking place here.  I know in manga and anime it's a common theme for a child to be raised by a single parent, often due to the death of a parent.  The concepts of avoiding shame and not rocking the boat are also recurring themes in Asian storytelling in general - I even recall a saying about how the nail that sticks out of the floor is the one that gets hammered down, meaning strive for conformity rather than standing out.  This story fits in with all those themes - it would be considered normal for this string of events to happen in somewhere like Japan, Seoul, etc.

In the States and many other Western cultures, this woman's actions would be considered cold and cruel to the daughter.  In East Asian cultures, this is considered normal and acceptable.  The woman might even attempt to marry while the daughter is young to give her a father, but regardless, they'd feel the child won't miss what she didn't have, and neither will her biological father.  Revealing the truth would be frowned upon because of all the upheaval it would cause.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:59:17 PM by Good@Sabacc »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Everyone here is bringing up good points, positive or not.
Asian culture is very different from ours - for example, in some countries, if a women is raped, society blames her rather than the man. If a person commits suicide in Korea, people don't even question the thought, because their culture makes it acceptable to them (making their suicide rate very high...) There is a lot of cultural issues involved in the way people think and act.

Now I don't know much about Thailand, maybe Lalita could tell us a bit more. Could a child born from adultery be threated badly by society because of it?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:51:31 PM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hmmm, the MV didn't tell lots of things that really happened.

I'll try my best on translating the story.

Fah and Tan, and they are close friend for over 10 years.
Tan always take good care of Fah, and Tan never denied when people are calling them a couple.
Fah secretly love Tan, but she never told him because she is afraid of losing him as a friend.
Tan also never told Fah how he feels.

After they graduated, they go and live their own lives and havn't met for years.
One day they met each other by chance, they had dinner and they slept together.
(Which is not normal thing when this happens with a friend.)

After that, Tan called Fah and tell her he is sorry.
That apology makes her feel like Tan didn't mean to do that.
So, she told him not to apologize or talk about this again.
After that, they are not talking like usual.

After months pass, Fah realised she has a baby, but she still hadn't told Tan.
She heard from her other friend that Tan is getting married.
So, she decided not to tell him, because she knows Tan is a good person and he would be with her for responsible of their child. She doesn't want to make his life change, also she doesn't want to make him being with her because of he has to responsible, she wants him to be with her only if he loves her too.
(In Thai, it's not normal for a father to pay for a child but not being with them. If a man are a father, he should/must responsible by marrying with the mother.)

When they met after she has a child, he was shocked.
He asked her who is this kid, she answered it's her daughter.
He was shocked and stay silent for a while and then ask her if this is his child or not.
But, Fah denied. (I don't know why she denied at this point)

Than after they finished lunch, Tan told Fah he is going to marry. (No wedding card like the MV)
So, that makes Fah thinks she shouldn't be invloved in Tan's life.
(If she tells him, he will come to live with her for sure, but she doesn't want that if he doesn't really love her.)

And, one day she called to radio program that people can talk about their sad story.
By chance, one of her friend listen to the radio and think that it's Fah.
Because she knows Fah, and Tan. She knows Fah was pregnant but Fah told no one that who is the father, not even her family. And Fah never has any boy friend, she has only one close friend, Tan. So that friend called Tan and told him what she heard from the radio.

So, Tan was sure that this is his daughter. So, he came to Fah.
And he told her that actually he loves her since they were in University.
But he never told her because he didn't want to lose her as a friend too.
He told her he decided to tell her the day he is ready for her.

Actually, after the night. He wanted to tell her how he feels.
But he had a girl friend at that time so he had to clear things before he could tell Fah.
Sadly that Fah weren't replying his calls because she though he is getting married.

And they day they've met (with the child).
Tan thought Fah left him. So, he told Fah that he is getting married.

Also, Tan told Fah that he will get divorced and come to live with her.
Fah denied because he is married and he shouldn't left the other girl.
Tan asked him to be around and pay for the kid,
Fah also denied because they have feelings for each other,
it's kind of impossible for them to continue meeting as friends.
And Fah doesn't want to be a secret wife or anything like that.
If Tan never loves her, she might say okay for him to be with the kid.
(So, the child will be a single mum's child or either be a secret wife's child.
Then I'm sure the first one is much better than the second one)

Fah said she will tell her kids that she was born because of the love of father and mother.
But they have their reasons that they couldn't be together.

////
I think this can make the story easier to understand.