You are Here:
Mini Gold Gilded Decks for your collection :D

Author (Read 6375 times)

Mini Gold Gilded Decks for your collection :D
« on: May 18, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »

CLCPC Studio 52

• True Member
Grab the Gold before it's gone forever!

We are now 100% funded on Kickstarter and celebrating by giving out gold!!

Don't miss out on grabbing your ''MINI'' Gold Gilded Deck today before the are all gone!

These won't last long! Less than half remaining already!!! grab yours now from the Kickstarter page at https://tinyurl.com/y4rnald7
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:10:40 AM by CLCPC Studio 52 »

Re: Feedback on new Court Card Designs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 06:43:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey everyone,

Hoping to have some feedback on a Kickstarter project that I have launched recently for a wine/deck collection inspired by wine bottle labelling from the 1900's.

Following feedback from one of my backers for this new Kickstarter project, who messaged me to say that my decks are great with fantastic looking pips and that if the private reserve deck had court cards illustrated to the same level, then this would have been one of the to decks ever, I have been working hard on added customisations for the court cards to include portrait illustrations.

I was hoping to have your opinions as to whether the portraits are the way to go or should I stick with the original court card designs with the lettering to go with my theme of vintage wine bottle labelling.

Also, It will take some work to create portraits for all of the court cards for the deck so I have added them as a stretch goal for now, but if you have a moment, could you maybe take a look at each version of the court cards and let us know what you think would be the best option for the decks, Thanks :)

Introducing the Vintage Label Wine Connoisseurs!

How do I look in a top hat ?

Just working the Queen of Spades now to complete the Spades Courts for the Private Reserve White decks.

All court cards for this deck (in both versions) can now be viewed on the Vintage Label Playing Cards Kickstarter page at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/754282482/vintage-label-playing-cards-premier-edition-black

Out of curiosity, why did you feel it was necessary to split the value and the suit of the indices into two different corners of the card?  It makes the design very pretty but even more impractical, especially as they're very, very large - you couldn't squeeze these cards together into your hand and be able to read all the indices.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 07:44:37 AM »

CLCPC Studio 52

• True Member
Hi Don!,

Sorry for the late reply as I have been busy and just noticed your message,

To answer your queston,

When designing these decks, the centrepoint of focus was on have the intricate framework in place to showcase each of the playing card suits that are used within a deck of playing cards.....This framework then became the foundation to work with and was applied to both the tuck box design as well as being applied throughout the decks design to present each card in the deck.....the indices sizing and placement eventuated by working within the framework that was first established for presenting a set of playing cards in..... and although unconventional in respect to application purposes,  the card illustrations still have a good table presence and readability from a distance for card games such as poker, being that the larger indicies on the court cards as well as the large suits and centre text for each of the cards allows for card functionality as players are able to see the card values from a distance around a table during gameplay......and although card values are printed small in the corners of the cards, a positive to this is that when peeking at your cards in a game of poker, you yourself can read the card values up close, however the other players, and also spectators, are unable to read the values in the corners from a distance, so your hand is not compromised in this regard. 

The private reserve decks where designed as a form of artistic expression for a set of playing cards while keeping with the theme of the decks, while the premier edition decks were designed with card functionallity at the fore-front by having standard USA Card faces and including additional cards for card magic (Decks include double backer plus a gaff card and an inbuilt card trick that requires no skill level to perform straight out of the pack with a powerful card magic effect). 

Between the  deck styles on offer (both Standard and custom) I wanted to present decks of playing cards that project a sense of fine quality, class and sophistication, to be primarily offered as collectors editions, and to also include fully functional decks with added features (for the standard card face designed decks), which although are designed as collectors editions also,  still have great card functionality and can be used for card magic, cardistry, card games, poker etc by having standard card face designs that the card community is familiar with. 

Thanks for the question by the way Don, and I hope this helps give you more of an insight into my approach for designing these decks :)

Best Regards,
Craig

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:43:22 PM »

CLCPC Studio 52

• True Member
Giveaway time!! Next 5 people to back one of my new luxury Gold Gilded Decks on Kickstarter will get 2 bonus decks of their choice from any of my previous Kickstarter launches at no extra cost! Plus I will ship your bonus decks to you at no extra cost from my design studio in Australia! :).

Shipping from Australia is ridiculous I know, so that’s why I will be paying the shipping cost for you!, as my thanks to you for supporting my new playing card project ;).

Just message me with your bonus deck selections when backing my new playing card project on Kickstarter at https://tinyurl.com/y4rnald7

If you have already backed the project just message me if you are reading this post and I will let you know if you made the top 5 to message me to get your choice of the bonus decks :)

If you don’t make the top 5 that’s ok as you can now add any gilded deck to your pledge for half the add on price if you back my project within the next 24hrs!.

Make sure you message me with your deck selections when adding them to your ledge on Kickstarter before this offer ends (offer ends Sunday 16th at 5:30pm AEST).

I’m looking forward to giving away some decks people, so please come and support my new playing card project!

We are so close to reaching our funding goal and your support will be greatly appreciated :)

Warm Regards,

Craig L Maidment

CLCPC Studio 52

To view previous deck launches to descide which bonusdecks your would like, you can view my Kickstarter profile and click on previous Kickstarter project launches to see deck options.

Re: Mini Gold Gilded Decks for your collection :D
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 08:12:06 AM »

CLCPC Studio 52

• True Member
Grab the Gold before it's gone forever!

We are now 100% funded on Kickstarter and celebrating by giving out gold!!

Don't miss out on grabbing your ''MINI'' Gold Gilded Deck today before the are all gone!

These won't last long! Less than half remaining already!!! grab yours now from the Kickstarter page at https://tinyurl.com/y4rnald7