You are Here:
Introducing myself

Author (Read 10021 times)

Introducing myself
« on: August 09, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »

CartomancerCards

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
My name is Alain Benoit. I’m Canadian living in South Florida. I express my creativity through graphic design. Right now I find myself very lucky to work for a non-profit company where I can use my skills to help some of the less fortunate in the world.

But my job is not enough to fulfill the raw ambition to design, to create and to simply make "stuff." I’m always working at home on creative projects.

Over the last few years my passion has been for playing cards. From my point of view, a deck of cards is simply pure graphic design harmony. The numbers, the symbols, the symmetry, the history, the mysticism, all come together like if you were holding the world in the palm of my hand!

In pursuit of this passion (and because I cannot help it), I designed my own deck of playing cards, the Cartomancer Poker Deck. It's inspired especially in French cartomancy, divinatory tarot, symbolism, analytical psychology, surrealism, vintage engravings and finder prints.

To my great surprise the deck is nominated for deck of the year by 52 Plus Joker and that’s how I found out about the club.

I’m thrill to be part of this group of people that share the same passion for playing cards.

Alain Benoit
Alain Benoit
cartomancercards@gmail.com

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 01:31:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome aboard, Alain, we're glad to have you!

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing you at the 52+J convention in two months - they're always a great time and you'll meet a fair number of fellow Canadians as well.  The club president, Lee Asher, unfortunately won't be in attendance, but he's an American residing in Toronto - I guess we traded him for you?  ;)

It should not come as a surprise that your deck was nominated - it's really a lovely deck and the artwork is impressive for a first-time effort.  You should be rightfully proud of it.  I'm looking forward to buying a few packs from you when I see you in Cleveland.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/