You are Here:
Contest Ideas

Author (Read 435 times)

Contest Ideas
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I am going to be holding my third contest pretty soon, but I need a type of contest to put up. I want something involving work, and nothing like a Pick a Card contest. Something like an original card trick, or a packet trick. What do you guys think I should do?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Re: Contest Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
packet trick or story
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »

D_bag

• Forum Regular
Nobody never did this contest idea before...

The best "T.V" styled fake magic performance done with "real" spectators. In a fasion similar to Mind Freak.

Not only will videos be interesting, they will all be unique, and it gives more oppurtunities to actors and film junkies who lack technical slieght of hand magic.

And the winner of the contest's video should be the one that makes you feel like your watching a pro on tv. They can use any nasty trick in the books, stooges, wire, whatever they feel like using if they think they can use it to win and give them the edge.

Sounds pretty crazy man but that would be a contest I like to watch.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:58:33 PM by D_bag »

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I love D_Bag's idea however you may only get a few entries (Fine by me as Im Likely to enter such a contest :P)

Dont go with simply best card trick if your going to go down that path pick like best card trick with a Double Backer or something :)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.